Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The current client for the Treo 600 (ver. 3.7) will not work on the Treo 600. That was news to me.

The upcoming release (ver. 4.0) will work on the Treo 650, but will not be released until mid-December.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    The current client for the Treo 600 (ver. 3.7) will not work on the Treo 600. That was news to me.

The upcoming release (ver. 4.0) will work on the Treo 650, but will not be released until mid-December.
    I wish I would of read this earlier. I would not have ordered my 650 until the new Good Link is avialable. We use GoodLink at my office and I need to be connected at all times, it is part of the job requirement.
    call goodlink... I'm sure they will send you a beta...

also, try the old software, sometimes it'll surprise you and just work

-M
    Just currious what is good link?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalierjones
    Just currious what is good link?
    It's like the Blackberry software, only superior in all respects. Check out www.good.com
    I just emailed Goodlink as I'm a current user on my 600. I'm getting my 650 today. They said Goodlink 3.8 which is compatible with the Treo 650 will be available for download on Tuesday.
    Thanks for the link. I'm new to the Treo fold (after coveting my dad's 600 for a long time) with a 650 now on its way all the way to me here in Honolulu. My current PDA is a Clie, and of course combo phone-PDA units will be a whole new world for me. This application sure looks sharp.

A quick question: Would GoodLink be a decent investment even without an Exchange/Outlook server? I don't suppose you could point it at a basic POP/IMAP system for e-mail? And the site mentions browsing and Office applications as well. Or is there a better option for e-mail if I don't need corporate-level services?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried loading existing GoodLink software on the 650? What happened? My office uses GL and 600's and I'd love to start using my 650 as soon as it arrives (hopefully today)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Thanks for the link. I'm new to the Treo fold (after coveting my dad's 600 for a long time) with a 650 now on its way all the way to me here in Honolulu. My current PDA is a Clie, and of course combo phone-PDA units will be a whole new world for me. This application sure looks sharp.

A quick question: Would GoodLink be a decent investment even without an Exchange/Outlook server? I don't suppose you could point it at a basic POP/IMAP system for e-mail? And the site mentions browsing and Office applications as well. Or is there a better option for e-mail if I don't need corporate-level services?
    pzarquon, I believe you have to have an exchange server to use goodlink as it is an entire package including a server side install which allows synchronization between the exchange server and the handheld. You might try the built in Versamail application or Sprint Business Connection for your particular situation.
    I love the way Good puts out a press release on 10/25 saying "Good Technology today announced that its GoodLink wireless messaging system has been optimized for the new Treo™ 650 smartphone from palmOne, Inc." but yet it's not released or supported?
    He said that Goodlink version 3.8 which is supposed to support the Treo 650 will be out by November 29th but it could be out sooner.

I read that goodlink on the 650 will finally let you multi-task. So you can create several emails and then switch to the calendar and then back to the emails you are composing.

It will also sync the data much faster due to the higher speed connectivity of the Treo 650.

I use Goodlink religiously on my 600. I've got a 650 on order from Palm One. Hopefully it will ship on Monday.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    I read that goodlink on the 650 will finally let you multi-task. So you can create several emails and then switch to the calendar and then back to the emails you are composing.
    Are you using 3.7 on the 600? It's a totally new UI and already lets you have multiple "draft" emails (different, though, than the older version of draft emails) that can be returned to after you switch the Calendar, etc. Perhaps 3.8 goes further, but 3.7 is sweet, too.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    They said Goodlink 3.8 which is compatible with the Treo 650 will be available for download on Tuesday.
    That's an odd thing for them to say.

As I understand it, a critical advance in 3.8 is fully wireless deployment. That would render "downloading" obsolete.

We'll see.
    What are the feature differences between GoodLink and ActiveSync? GoodLink does encryption, and ActiveSync doesn't? Is that the only difference?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    What are the feature differences between GoodLink and ActiveSync? GoodLink does encryption, and ActiveSync doesn't? Is that the only difference?
    There are many. At least two of which are that AS is pull and GL is push and that AS only syncs email and cal, whereas GL syncs across Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    There are many. At least two of which are that AS is pull and GL is push and that AS only syncs email and cal, whereas GL syncs across Outlook.
    I thought ActiveSync syncs Contacts as well, no?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    How will the lack of memory impact the use of Goodlink on the Treo 650. I know on my 600, Goodlink was quite a space hog. I'm not sure if Goodlink can run off an SD. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    I thought ActiveSync syncs Contacts as well, no?
    Good point. It might.
    It appears from reading the faqs on palmone that activesync/versamail wireless sync for exchange does email/calendar only and won't do email subfolders. This is a show-stopper for me. I was hoping to save my company some money on Goodlink but it probably won't happen.
    I have ActiveSync running on my Samsung i600 and another user in the company with Goodlink on the Treo 600. No comparison. ActiveSync does do calendar, contacts, and email (but not tasks or notes unless docked), and with Exchange 2003, it technically can "push"--the server sends a hidden SMS to the device and tells the device to initiate a sync. But ActiveSync is SOOOO much slower pulling the data, and I'm highly envious of the Goodlink UI as well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast