Page 98 of 133 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    THREAD HIJACK ALERT:

Why the I-Shuffle?! I really do not get the lure of this thing. It has no screen! What does this product offer that can't be had elsewhere? And how has Apple brainwashed this country to think that anything that is completely white and has an apple logo on it is worth whatever price they charge for it?

I'm sorry... I just was really confused when this was "revealed" at CES. I need someone to enlighten me as to what is the draw to something like this.
    Put simply I will say because Apple product quality and design are second to almost none. Any other product out there can hardly compete on these fronts. If you want cheap, as cheap as can be, don't get a Mac. Apple is trying to address the lower end of the market by putting out good products like the new mini iPod and mini Mac. It is simply not the product, but how well it integrates into the system. iTunes and an Apple iPod work great together. My very biased oppinion (not a fan of the PC and I hate Microsoft - but use theme every day) is that most of the cool products on the PC side are just rehashed cheaper versions of Apple products produced by hacks. There are exceptions. I think Sony makes exceptionally well designed products (too bad only a small part of the product is of their design if it is running windows though). The most unfortunate thing about Sony and it seems like it has been this way for a long time, too long, is thier love for their own proprietary formats. That is what sucks about their new mp3 player, that is what sucks about their cameras, that is what sucks about their microDV camcorders, that is what sucks about the new HD - DVD standard their are pushing... the list goes on and on. They feel the need to redesign something even if there is a good working model on the market like compact flash memory for example.

Sorry for the long rant. I had to get it out. Flame me if you like, but don't think it will change my views on this, and I also don't care if it changed yours. What I said is nothing more than my personal oppinion.
    Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask? I had wanted to know about web browsing on the treo600? You can't tell me there isn't on 600 user out there who browses the web via GPRS is there? If anyone would like to provide feedback, how is it?

Yesterday I was doing a little testing on my BT headset HSH-660 - leaving messages for myself on a landline phone. Quality was more fuzzy than on the phone itself, but not horrible, just lower fidelity. I did not get any echo or anythign like that. I'll keep testing and giving feedback... I was able to talk on the phone for a long time using my headset yesterday (well over an hour before I finaly killed the battery - don't worry I hadn't used or charged the thing in like week so charge was low to begin with) and I had no complaints from the other end.

edit: sory about the "Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask?" comment. I guess I am a little grumpy this a.m.
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 01/25/2005 at 06:10 AM.
    You'd probably get more replies if you posted it as a separate thread. Remember, this is the (often off topic) I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me? thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask? I had wanted to know about web browsing on the treo600?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    So

I hear it's thursday now.
    Treonauts seem to be very convinced..
    Let's keep our fingers crossed
    He was equally convinced it was going to be Wednesday. Just one more tease.
    With many gadget products like phones and PDA's, there often isn't an "official" day they suddenly become available. They usually just trickle out when you least expect it. You know, they start shipping them to vendors and the vendors start selling them a day or two before they are supposed to, that sort of thing. That's how I got my Motorola V710 from Radio Shack two weeks early instead of from Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    You'd probably get more replies if you posted it as a separate thread. Remember, this is the (often off topic) I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me? thread.
    Oh, I forgot, this is the only thread I even look at any more....

Maybe I would have better luck asking about my car stereo issues on this one?
    Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask? I had wanted to know about web browsing on the treo600? You can't tell me there isn't on 600 user out there who browses the web via GPRS is there? If anyone would like to provide feedback, how is it?

Yesterday I was doing a little testing on my BT headset HSH-660 - leaving messages for myself on a landline phone. Quality was more fuzzy than on the phone itself, but not horrible, just lower fidelity. I did not get any echo or anythign like that. I'll keep testing and giving feedback... I was able to talk on the phone for a long time using my headset yesterday (well over an hour before I finaly killed the battery - don't worry I hadn't used or charged the thing in like week so charge was low to begin with) and I had no complaints from the other end.

edit: sory about the "Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask?" comment. I guess I am a little grumpy this a.m.

I've browsed w/ GPRS on my T600 and it seems not as fast a my 4mbps cable connection...but MUCH better than dialup.

is that what U were lookin' for?
    Browsing with GPRS reminds me of the old 38.4 bps baud rate modems. Things have changed. I remember upgrading my 9600 bps for a 14,400 bps modem. I leaned back in my chair and said wow look at that baby fly. It was a noticeable speed difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I've browsed w/ GPRS on my T600 and it seems not as fast a my 4mbps cable connection...but MUCH better than dialup.

is that what U were lookin' for?
    Agreed. Someplace between 28.8 and ISDN. That said, this page may take a minute. My 600 is noticeably better than my Treo 270. I hope for another bump with EDGE.
    Hey, I miss my 14.4 kbps modem and Windows 3.1 running on a 386 processor PC.

Somene slap me silly
    Web browsing real internet sites (not just mobile versions) on my 600 SUCKS. It is slower than molasses and heaven forbid you accidentally click the wrong link. There is no stopping it once it starts downloading a big picture or something. Bottom line, I do not waste my time trying to use the web browser on my treo anymore unless it's an emergency.
    National business ordering on the ATT side has no clue about the possible release tomorrow. They said if was to be released tomorrow, they would have gotten some kind of release information by now.

Looks like another bad rumor.
    Or (HOPEFULLY) a NBO guy with no clue. That wouldn't be a first.

They aren't supposed to acknowledge new releases until they are released. Remember, no one (Cing Blue, Orange or P1) ever officially announced anything. He may be just following his script (especially since the B2B dept has repeatedly said "they (unofficially) heard from their managers" that it would be this week).

Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    National business ordering on the ATT side has no clue about the possible release tomorrow. They said if was to be released tomorrow, they would have gotten some kind of release information by now.

Looks like another bad rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Or (HOPEFULLY) a NBO guy with no clue. That wouldn't be a first.

They aren't supposed to acknowledge new releases until they are released. Remember, no one (Cing Blue, Orange or P1) ever officially announced anything. He may be just following his script (especially since the B2B dept has repeatedly said "they (unofficially) heard from their managers" that it would be this week).
    That makes me angry that Cingular B2B will tell you one thing, and then you talk with att nbo and they treat you like a ***** for asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpermonkey
    Man, does anyone on here answer the questions I ask? I had wanted to know about web browsing on the treo600
    What was the question you asked, I am sorry, no offense, it might be the fact that your posts are so long and often 3 or 4 in a row that we are not reading them in entirety.

What do you want to know about browsing on the 600, Yes, I browse on the 600, browsed on the 270 and browsed on the 180. Each phone it has gotton considerably better. Is it fast?, no, is it excrutiating? no. The only time it really bugs is when you go to some page that you really need and the page is huge. But I am amazed at what I can pull up sometimes. I cannot compare it to Dial-up, as I can't remember that far back. I can open I would guess abotu 90% of the pages I try.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am buying from Vienna Channels which is a P1 GSM generic, I have never bought a Cingular Treo from Cingular, always P1 and they are exactly the same.
    Hey, I ordered one also. I was wondering how long you thought we were going to have to wait for VC to ship. I am tempted to buy one if PalmOne sells them on their site and sell the one I eventually get from VC. Any thoughts?
    If you call 20 people you'll get 19 different answers, the 20th guy will be out of the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    That makes me angry that Cingular B2B will tell you one thing, and then you talk with att nbo and they treat you like a ***** for asking.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH

Somene slap me silly
    Hey, I still use my HP 200LX with a 14.4 kbps pcmcia modem and it's running DOS 5.0! The WAY down side is I couldn't hook it up to my Treo 600.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Windowns 3.1? 14.4 kbps modem? You were lucky! I just had an 8088 processer running DOS, with a 9600 baud modem. I spurged and got an amber colored monitor instead of the green monitor. It seemed like magic when I could download something directly onto my computer.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    So Now that the Release of the 650 GSM Is getting close , anyone want to venture a Guess as to when Vienna Channels will begin shipping them... That should push us over the 2000 post's