Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2657
  1. #1781  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    So, you would switch carriers from T-Mobile to Cingular because the data speed is MUCH faster?
    Well I can not tell you to switch because I am not a T-Mobile customer and I am and have always been a ATT / now Cingular user. What kinds of data speeds do you get? I am using this
    speed test .
  2. #1782  
    So what happens to all the Cing customers (in CA) who have 1900 only phones & Sierra Wireless data cards? I guess they will have to allow roaming off T-M towers? There are lots of them all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    So Cingular is selling off it's 1900mhz equipment (towers) to T-mobile.

    So this may be something to think about too.
  3. #1783  
    So how do you feel about the "final release version" of the GSM 650 ? Have any "issues" been resolved that the Sprint model had? Any updates on the memory issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Well I can not tell you to switch because I am not a T-Mobile customer and I am and have always been a ATT / now Cingular user. What kinds of data speeds do you get? I am using this
    speed test .
  4. #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So what happens to all the Cing customers (in CA) who have 1900 only phones & Sierra Wireless data cards? I guess they will have to allow roaming off T-M towers? There are lots of them all over.
    Good question I will try and remember to ask that one, I hav been asking so many questions. But I would guess that part of the sale agreement would be that roaming be allowed on existing equipment, but I am totally guess on this.
  5. #1785  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    It says early 2006 for the T-Mobile version
    I know and they got it all wrong because they are obviously not referring to the Treo 650 (but the MDA - PPC).
    Anyway, the Cingular version seems accurate and it's good to see that showing up on other sites. Usually, buy.com or Amazon offer decent rebates ( vs. Cingular stores).
  6. #1786  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Very long story short, I happen to have Sprint, T-Mobile and Cingular until the 650 comes out and I will move all to Cingular. I have a great relationship with Cingular (for the past 4 years) and have followed the whole T-Mobile invasion in So Cal. As has been posted by others, At least in So Cal, T-Mobile and Cingular share towers.

    This has been the case since T-Mobile came here. I had not really thought about it since I don't use my T-Mobile phone, but recently noticed at work, Sidekick users, had lousy coverage indoors compared to Cingular. We have many sidekick users (young twenties, and deaf) so this is not an isolated incident.

    I called my Cingular Rep and he/she said that T-Mobile operates at 1900mhz and cingular operates at both 1900mhz and 850mhz. T-mobile only uses Cingulars 1900 mhz towers. Cingular is now moving to 850 mhz exclusively for two reasons. Better wall penetration (building) and ATT already has extensive 850mhz towers. So Cingular is selling off it's 1900mhz equipment (towers) to T-mobile.

    So this may be something to think about too.
    Are you in the L.A. market? I thought (maybe incorrectly) that Cingular was sharing with T-Mobile. I don't know if that is like the agreement they had with T-Mobile in N.Y. City where Cingular was basicly leasing access to T-Mobile's network, since they had no spectrum of their own to build in that market. Or I think maybe Cingular did own that market in So. Cal, but they had to sell it off to T-Mobile after the purchase of ATT in that market (since ATT had the better spectrum).
  7. #1787  
    Yes, i am in LA market, and Cingular was here since the inception, T-mobile just arrived here a few years ago. T-Mobile did lease intitally, but this happened years before an ATT/Cing merger was even suspected. Initially Cingular was looking to merge with T-mobile 2 1/2 years ago*, but it dissolved for whatever reason. It may because of the Cing/ATT merger too.

    I was told it was going to happen, part of the reason I did not cancel T-mobile service as I like the number and this was before number porting was even prospected.
  8. #1788  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So what happens to all the Cing customers (in CA) who have 1900 only phones & Sierra Wireless data cards? I guess they will have to allow roaming off T-M towers? There are lots of them all over.
    Well CA is not one market, and they are all different in one way or another. They aren't going to be able to just turn the network off to existing customers - that would be suicide (and I am guessing, not allowed by the FCC). Something will happen. In a market where both 1900 and 850 are owned, there are no problems at all. I know a lot of the ATT 850 markets also have 1900, so regardless of what Cingular owns in that market ATT already ahs the specrum license covered. No one would be left out. If you actually had a situation where ATT just owned 850 and Cingular 1900 (and had to sell it off) - I don't know. But then I don't even know if that is the case anywhere.

    Sorry I realize I probably just added nothing of value to the discussion.
  9. #1789  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So how do you feel about the "final release version" of the GSM 650 ? Have any "issues" been resolved that the Sprint model had? Any updates on the memory issue?
    Could you give me a quick explanation of the memory issue I keep hearing about. I could look it up, but don't have the time now (should be making some food to eat).
  10. #1790  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Personally, I'm still concerned with keeping my T650 safe when/if I finally get it. I have a Nokia 3650 that I've beaten the crap out of by it getting knocked off my belt clip, being dropped, getting banged around while in my pocket, and falling apart from landing on the ground. How have people kept their Treos safe & secure?
    Its Easy all You have to do Is remember that You payed 5 to 6 times More for it than Your Nokia , Worked 4 Me.....
  11. #1791  
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I thought (maybe incorrectly) that Cingular was sharing with T-Mobile. I don't know if that is like the agreement they had with T-Mobile in N.Y. City where Cingular was basicly leasing access to T-Mobile's network
    So, is Cingular's reception as good as T-Mobile's in the Northern NJ area? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with tower ownership or locations.
  12. #1792  
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/494-1.htm

    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(35222)

    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Could you give me a quick explanation of the memory issue I keep hearing about. I could look it up, but don't have the time now (should be making some food to eat).
  13. #1793  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    So, is Cingular's reception as good as T-Mobile's in the Northern NJ area? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with tower ownership or locations.

    Cingular Blue is sooooooo much better than Cingular Orange (i.e. T-Mo) in the NYC market section of Northern NJ. I know, I live there and tried both
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  14. #1794  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Cingular Blue is sooooooo much better than Cingular Orange (i.e. T-Mo) in the NYC market section of Northern NJ. I know, I live there and tried both
    Do you mean for phone reception or data speed? Have you tried Sprint in comparison? If so, how did it rate?
  15. #1795  
    That's interesting you say that. Things may have recently changed with that. I've been carrying 2 phones (a Blue Nok 6620 and an Orange LG 4015) for the last month just to test and see if I want to migrate. Coverage has been excellent and virtually identical on both because the Orange phone is said to be using AT&T's towers now. I live in Union County and travel in NYC for work (mid-town) and the signal strength has been the same (I spend a lot of time in various buildings as well). Had you been on Orange recently (since Sept/Oct)? However I'm sticking with Blue based on what I have been reading about the edge lockout from the MW plan (I'm using the AT&T mMode unlimited plan currently on the 6620 until VC ships the 650).
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Cingular Blue is sooooooo much better than Cingular Orange (i.e. T-Mo) in the NYC market section of Northern NJ. I know, I live there and tried both
  16. #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I've been carrying 2 phones (a Blue Nok 6620 and an Orange LG 4015) for the last month just to test and see if I want to migrate. Coverage has been excellent and virtually identical on both because the Orange phone is said to be using AT&T's towers now... However I'm sticking with Blue based on what I have been reading about the edge lockout from the MW plan (I'm using the AT&T mMode unlimited plan currently on the 6620 until VC ships the 650).
    Okay, why are people saying Blue vs. Orange? Aren't they all 1 company now? And isn't T-Mobile their competition? The AT&T store I had near me is now Cingular, so how would one even go about going "Blue" as you call it?
  17. #1797  
    They are but they still maintain their existing separate customers and they haven't merged their billing systems. They also don't want to force 20,000,000 people over to the Orange billing system as it would probably explode. They are also want to maintain their large business cutomer base. The only way to go "blue" now seems to be by phone to their B2B side or through Amazon.com and some other 3rd party resellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Okay, why are people saying Blue vs. Orange? Aren't they all 1 company now? And isn't T-Mobile their competition? The AT&T store I had near me is now Cingular, so how would one even go about going "Blue" as you call it?
  18. #1798  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    They are but they still maintain their existing separate customers and they haven't merged their billing systems. They also don't want to force 20,000,000 people over to the Orange billing system as it would probably explode. They are also want to maintain their large business cutomer base. The only way to go "blue" now seems to be by phone to their B2B side or through Amazon.com and some other 3rd party resellers.
    Not entirely true MisterEd. Cingular would be foolish to stop using the Blue network, as we are calling it. It is of more use than for just maintaining ATT's old customer base.

    Of course it all depends on the specific market you are in, but only one network can remain in the end per market. What GSM vendor will be kept is really of no consequence to the customer. Really all that matters is that the two networks will become one in the end. All of the customers will get the benifits of the improvements of the combination.
  19. #1799  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Okay, why are people saying Blue vs. Orange? Aren't they all 1 company now? And isn't T-Mobile their competition? The AT&T store I had near me is now Cingular, so how would one even go about going "Blue" as you call it?
    Yes they are one company now, but the cellular networks are rather complicated. Joining the two will take time and can not happen over night. Rushing to combine them would just result in a bad experience for the end user. So there is no ATT any more, but there is still a "blue" network and an "orange" network as well. Does that make sense?
  20. #1800  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I have never been into flip phones, but would having one serve more to protect the screen and keyboard on a Treo? Didn't an older model Treo have a flip, or was that a Kyocera?
    Treo 300 was the one with flip.
    Problems..
    1.Hinge breakdown.
    2.Cumbersome
    a. Take the phone out of case.
    b. Open the damn flip.
    c. Answer.
    d. Close the flip.
    Lot of work for one call.
    3. If you add flip to T650 and 700 they will become bricks and will loose there pocketability.
    More and more people are using headphones, bluetooth and wire type and therefore it does not make sense to open the flip, see who's calling and turn on bluetooth and close the flip, when you can see on the screen without having to open anything.
    The only advantage screen protection. Serious screen damage is more feared than real.
    Accidental key protection is effectively achieved with keyguard. Therefore that 's not an advantage.
    Adding flip to these phones is a step backwards imho.
    I think we should think about removing parts such as antenna, change keyboard to slider keyboard to make room for larger screen.

Posting Permissions