Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2657
    Same here.. Never more than a year. However, I am certain that the Big Three Cingular, Verizon and Sprint are doing focus groups to determine how to lock consumers in for longer periods. They are afraid of the MetroPCS revolution $35/flat and no contracts. If MetroPCS could attact a few additional phone manufacturers to provide higher end phones and internet connectivity. That would dramatically change the marketplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Me, never .... I never have and never would take a contract over ONE year (and that's been over close to 20 yrs on various carriers).
    Yes..the unlocked version will be released at the same time. I will put it in marketing terminology "we anticipate the PalmOne branded unlocked version to be released in the same "time-frame" as the carriers release dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    Now that we have confirmation from TC that the Cingular version of the 650 will be released on the 26th, has anyone heard anything regarding PalmOne releasing the unbranded unlocked version next week as well? From earlier posts, it seemed like there were credible sources saying the unlocked version would be released at the same time as Cingular's version.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Yes..the unlocked version will be released at the same time. I will put it in marketing terminology "we anticipate the PalmOne branded unlocked version to be released in the same "time-frame" as the carriers release dates.
    Schuuuweeet!! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
    Generic unlocked, here I come!
    I wonder when PalmOne is going to announce the T650's availability on their website...I guess it looks like they'll make it known and available on Wednesday...?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Schuuuweeet!! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
    Generic unlocked, here I come!
    Does this mean we know whether Cingular's Treo 650 is locked or unlocked? I have not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

My Treo 600 is an unlocked Cingular phone and I use TMobile service on it. I plan to purchase an unlocked 650, and would be willing to buy from Cingular again.
    Quote Originally Posted by orinaccio
    Does this mean we know whether Cingular's Treo 650 is locked or unlocked? I have not seen any confirmation of this anywhere.

My Treo 600 is an unlocked Cingular phone and I use TMobile service on it. I plan to purchase an unlocked 650, and would be willing to buy from Cingular again.

This is getting real old the plam site already sys the 650 from Cingular will be locked for that matter it is all over this site as well,
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Phones on flights will be allowed by the time the 700 comes out.

I want the 700, 800, 900 and 1000 to release at the same time.

700:
    Target market- 17-24
    Price: $299 $150 with contract
    Features:
    128 resident memory
    removable colored faceplates
    mp3 softare included
    mpeg software
    Stereo Bluetooth
    WiFi
    AIM integrated
    drop and moisture resistant

800:
    Target Market - 24+ Business exec
    256 native
    $399 $250 with contract
    distictive/conservative styling
    voice dialing integrated
    mp3
    mpeg
    integrated imap real time email
    latest bluetooth
    cradle and car charger
    1.3 mp camera

900 Target market: 24+ TC - Geek
    Price $599 $399 with Palm loyalty (previous owner)
    1 gig resident
    latest bluetooth
    wi fi
    2.0 mp camera
    voice dial
    internal gps
    car charger and internatinal cradle

Treo 1000
    Market upwardly mobile business and geeks
    Price $799 $599 with Palm loyalty
    4 gigs resident
    Brushed Stainless Steel Body
    Higher resolution screen
    Latest Bluetooth
    Wi fi
    4.0 mp camera configurable for lower settings for MMS
    Video
    Voice dial
    Internation cradel and car charger
    2 yr warranty and Priority Tech Support (No third world Countries)
    International gps integrated self contained
    UTMS
    Bluetooth foldable keyboard
    Can i pre order the 1000
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Ok, I've been lurking ever since this thread started. At least, I don't think I posted here before, but who remembers that far back, anyway.

I finally needed to post since I read a few posts about the VC/Roadshow GSM orders. I was at the Chicago Roadshow and ordered my 650 two days after that. I got the confirmation email telling me I am order number 845 (although how that could be when there are only 500-something GSMs on order is beyond me).

Anyway, after that email nothing. So, earlier this week when I got a call from the sales rep from Good (the vendor I signed my company up for a trial with at the Roadshow) telling me that the 650 is definitely coming out next week, I got worried and emailed Jeff Marinangel from VC about when the VC orders will be processed and sent. I was very nice, because I figure he was probably getting swamped with these questions. Here is his reply:

"We do not yet have a delivery commitment date from palmOne to us. My best
    estimate is that we will ship the orders over the course of February. I wish
    I had more definitive information for you.

We will keep updates posted as new information comes our way and orders
    begin shipping at www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents.

Jeff"

So, my impression is that VC is doing its best, but cannot promise s**t since they don't know s**t either.

I guess I can no longer simply lurk and laugh, even though some of you guys (and gals) should be writing for SNL or MAdTV.
    Well, so much for ordering early via the Roadshow. Here I was thinking that I was going to get my GSM phone ahead of the pack.
    That's because your #845 is included among all the Sprint orders. You might be #200 in the GSM que but 845 overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJRad
    I got the confirmation email telling me I am order number 845 (although how that could be when there are only 500-something GSMs on order is beyond me).
    They never even hinted at that as a perk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Clorto
    Well, so much for ordering early via the Roadshow. Here I was thinking that I was going to get my GSM phone ahead of the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    That's because your #845 is included among all the Sprint orders. You might be #200 in the GSM que but 845 overall.
    I know, I was being facetious (sp?).
    I wonder if P1 will be ready to ship to Canada? For that matter I wonder P1 Canada site will finally "announce" the 650. If you go to http://www.palmone/ca/ it's as if the 650 doesn't even exist. I could probably order it from another source like Expansys but then I worry about running into warrenty troubles with P1 if something is broken.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    What's a "Canada"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I wonder if P1 will be ready to ship to Canada?
    Welcome D-Caf,

It is somewhat moving to know that this dialogue was helpful to you and others who might still be out there lurking. I am glad you revealed yourself. We need you to join the dialogue as you feel comfortable to post. I hope you had as much fun as I did posting up to the point of the GSM release.

You said you were lurking a long time. How long? When you think of this entire thread, what post comes to mind first? I'll go first. The post that comes to mind for me was way back. It was a discussion about companies merging and how it might play out in the future with Verizon acquiring Sprint.
    How long? I don't even know, I've first time I heard word about a Treo with bluetooth I started scanning the boards. I hate my current Motorola T721 free piece of junk (was free when I moved from Sprint to AT&T), and was thinking of getting a Treo 600. While I was pricing those out I heard about the 650 and decided to wait (oh and how I have waited...). My Zaurus is great, but I want to cut two devices down to one.

Anyways, I've been lurking these boards since before the CDMA Sprint versin came out (probably started checking in regularly back in July of last year?). Actualy created an account here in January, and my first post was back on the 9th in the Linux/Evolution Treo 650 Sync thread.

I'll probably be more active once I actualy have a Treo in hand, probably try to work with others to get Linux syncing as much a reality and as easy as possible.
  16.    #1696  
    Whew... it took me 15 mins just to catch up to my reading of this thread. You guys are insane (in a great way).

Specimen38, I now pass the torch to you as the father of the next T650 GSM thread (whatever it shall be named). You have definitely proved your T650 GSM loyalty with great tenacity in overseeing this thread.

Now go spread the seed of GSM...
    Last edited by techjunkie; 01/21/2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Oooo.. Brushed metal, higher res screen, 3G....

Once I can get a GSM 650, then I can start lusting for this.

One more addition though, MUST play MP3 ringtones natively (no third party software)!

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Treo 1000
    Market upwardly mobile business and geeks
    Price $799 $599 with Palm loyalty
    4 gigs resident
    Brushed Stainless Steel Body
    Higher resolution screen
    Latest Bluetooth
    Wi fi
    4.0 mp camera configurable for lower settings for MMS
    Video
    Voice dial
    Internation cradel and car charger
    2 yr warranty and Priority Tech Support (No third world Countries)
    International gps integrated self contained
    UTMS
    Bluetooth foldable keyboard
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I wonder if P1 will be ready to ship to Canada? For that matter I wonder P1 Canada site will finally "announce" the 650. If you go to http://www.palmone/ca/ it's as if the 650 doesn't even exist. I could probably order it from another source like Expansys but then I worry about running into warrenty troubles with P1 if something is broken.
    I am a Californian who is in the process of relocating to Vancouver (wife is Canadian, long story). Anyway, I work in the state and make several trips there weekly. I plan to purchase an unlocked 650, as soon as I can get my mits on one, and have it activated on the Rogers service in Vancouver. Even though I am on the Expansys waiting list I will probably still purchse from Palm1 directly and have shipped to my US Post Office Box.

If you are comfortable dealing with some guy on the internet that you have never met... ... we can work somthing out. I can pick up your phone when I pick up mine and then ship to you, unopened and tampered with, in Toronto. If you are interested leave your email address and I will be in touch with you.

- E44

FYI... I will probably not purchase until the first week of Feb. But we can work somthing out if that does not meet your timeline.
    One more thought, need a way in the next thread to indicate on which GSM carrier the 650 is being used with.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I'm going to get the gsm 650 next week, but can't decide
    whether to buy an unbranded 650 and stay with T-Mobile - or switch to
    Cingular...

1. Stay with T-mobile
    - 650 would be unlocked
    - pay more for unlocked version
    - Edge not available now
    - gprs roaming is at least available (though outragously priced!)
    http://www.t-mobile.com/internationa...geInternet.asp

2. Switch to Cingular
    - Edge is available now
    - 650 would be locked to Cingular
    - have to get a new contract
    - save money with a 2 year contract

Are there any other considerations? What would you do?
    thanks!