Page 83 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Would anybody here do a 3-year contract in exchange for getting a GSM Treo 650, warranty lost/stolen and accessories free?
    No way, 38. Marriage with no divorce options.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I bet you anything, after the nightmare of Sprint VC, I bet those Treos are boxed and labeled and on a pallet for the ups/ab/fedex man. VC is waiting for P1 ok, P1 is waiting for Cingular. By the first VC will ship. (imo)
    I pray in my heart-of-hearts that you are correct. I was at the 2nd NYC show, so I'm pretty far down Santa's list

Did all of the Sprint VC T650's get shipped yet?
    R-Treo,

You should know we felt your presence. As we posted here, we knew were lurking in the background -- waiting for your moment. Welcome to dialogue. I am sure you will be in the next Treo's 12 list. You were a good lurker though. Believe it or not, someone else is still under-cover, hiding between shadows, laughing out loud, but unable to express it here.

Perhaps, for fun, we should produce a top 12 lurkers list. What's going on with 12 lately. 12 step programs, Treo's 12, and Top 12 Lurkers.

R-Treo -- how about beating the bushes of the last 150 post because there are several people who admit to being lurkers who came out. Darjay, Paris, Puckie, Robbie, Brynat, and few others. I can't think of them all right now. Cheers. Don't be bashful.
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Treo
    What about me? "Pathetic lurker in need of GSM 650 12-step plan"
    Would anybody here do a 3-year contract in exchange for getting a GSM Treo 650, warranty lost/stolen and accessories free?
    Well, just another lurker here, and yes I would be tempted to sign a 3 year contract, if they also promised it to be an Unlocked GSM phone. With out the unlocked then no, wouldn't do it. (I'll stick with GSM/Cingular, but I do plan on doing some travel oversees, so want toe unlocked part).

Been watching this thread for way way to long, I realy realy want this treo, it's time to retire my Zaurus SL5500 to the experimentation role as apposed to the workhorse that it is now. Already bought a 1gig SD card for the Treo .
    To: Power of Twelve and fellow friends and lurkers:
    May be we should start some by-laws:

I think Article One should be:
    Except to direct people back to the original P-12 threads, members should not post to competing same-subject threads thus reducing ambiguity and keeping focus.

P12 threads so far:
    "I Will Wait for GSM Model. Who's With Me?"
    "My GSM 650 shipped. How About Yours?"
    " Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me?"

Welcome D-Caf,

It is somewhat moving to know that this dialogue was helpful to you and others who might still be out there lurking. I am glad you revealed yourself. We need you to join the dialogue as you feel comfortable to post. I hope you had as much fun as I did posting up to the point of the GSM release.

You said you were lurking a long time. How long? When you think of this entire thread, what post comes to mind first? I'll go first. The post that comes to mind for me was way back. It was a discussion about companies merging and how it might play out in the future with Verizon acquiring Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Well, just another lurker here, and yes I would be tempted to sign a 3 year contract, if they also promised it to be an Unlocked GSM phone. With out the unlocked then no, wouldn't do it. (I'll stick with GSM/Cingular, but I do plan on doing some travel oversees, so want toe unlocked part).

Been watching this thread for way way to long, I realy realy want this treo, it's time to retire my Zaurus SL5500 to the experimentation role as apposed to the workhorse that it is now. Already bought a 1gig SD card for the Treo .
    Hey guys,

If we don't slow it down, we are going to break 1850 post before January 26th. I certainly don't want Barney, who predicted 2000, to be right.
    Can you imagine how many we will be at if they 26th or 27th does not pan out
    Naysayers bug me, I think when we get to 1999 and if the treo hasn't released we should go on hiatus, until it does release.
    You must be the eternal OPTOMIST. I'd take that bet in a minute (but I'd also HOPE I LOSE!)

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I bet you anything, after the nightmare of Sprint VC, I bet those Treos are boxed and labeled and on a pallet for the ups/ab/fedex man. VC is waiting for P1 ok, P1 is waiting for Cingular. By the first VC will ship. (imo)
    2 questions before I could answer. What's the maximum penalty to get out of contract, and is the phone locked. Depending on the answer to those questions I might.

I faced a similiar choice 2 years with my provider Rogers. I was getting a $200 discount on a handset for a 2-year contract. The maximum penalty for breaking the contract was $200, and Rogers doesn't lock their phones. This made my choice a no-brainer. I signed the contract. Worst case scenario I break early and it doesn't cost me any more than if I had full price at the start. Best case scenario I have a no reason break contract for 2 years and I save $200.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    OK there's the pricing... Will it actually be "available", or just "orderable"?

EDIT: What's really going to suck is if a bunch of people get theirs from Cingular/ATT and us Roadshow attendees have to keep waiting (and waiting...). I'm assuming the worst to ensure minimal disappointment.

Todd/Indy
    Been lurking here since October when I started to research the 600, and learned of the upcoming 650. I have almost succumbed to temptation several times to forgo the 650 and purchase the 600, trying to convince myself that the 600 would meet my needs just fine. Then I was reminded by my better half of my never-ending quest for the "latest and greatest" of gadgets and I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything less than the 650. Been w/Cingular since the early PacBell days after brief angst with Sprint. I check TC several times per day along with Cingular site and have made several "undercover" trips to local Sprint stores to fondle the 650 longingly and to reinforce my sometimes wavering resolve to be patient...and remember the mantra "the reward is in the quest"....
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    OK there's the pricing... Will it actually be "available", or just "orderable"?

EDIT: What's really going to suck is if a bunch of people get theirs from Cingular/ATT and us Roadshow attendees have to keep waiting (and waiting...). I'm assuming the worst to ensure minimal disappointment.

Todd/Indy
    I'm in the same boat and thinking the same thing. That would suck big time.
    I think I would but only because Sprint, Tmobile, and Verizon do not work in the 2 block by 2 block area by my house!!! Something about being in the middle of 4 tower circles. Cingular and AT&T have always worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Well everything is pointing to the Jan. 27th release.. I have my brother-in-law contacting a few local manager friends to find out if they are going to have or be able to get any Treo 650 in thier store for the release date.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I vote in favor of the motion.
    1. Possible name for new 650 thread: "Got GSM?"
    2. Just show me where to sign.
    3. Anything to pass the time till the 26th...

New Business:
    I make a motion to appoint specimen38 president of the committee.
    being on the left coast I am a little late to the party. But I think we need a "ordered our GSM" and then a thread for "Got my GSM"
    Otherwise, I am in complete agreement with all of you. :-)
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Welcome lep354,

Lurking since October....! you could have posted 1000 times since then. You are a veteran of the cell phone world. I loved PacBell. I hated when SBC bought them out in California for residential phones. As you know, SBC has controlling interest in Cingular and the company is growing in leaps and bounds. It's a Texas thing. They like everything big.

I hope you have enjoyed all of the posting. Some really great people have contributed mightily to keeping this thread healthy, thriving and informative. Of course, we have had our share of debates and disagreement, but we hung in there. I'm glad you hung in their with us and I hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did. I hope you don't need a 12-step program resume your life after we have acquired toys. Or maybe we do it all over again when the Treo 700 is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Been lurking here since October when I started to research the 600, and learned of the upcoming 650. I have almost succumbed to temptation several times to forgo the 650 and purchase the 600, trying to convince myself that the 600 would meet my needs just fine. Then I was reminded by my better half of my never-ending quest for the "latest and greatest" of gadgets and I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything less than the 650. Been w/Cingular since the early PacBell days after brief angst with Sprint. I check TC several times per day along with Cingular site and have made several "undercover" trips to local Sprint stores to fondle the 650 longingly and to reinforce my sometimes wavering resolve to be patient...and remember the mantra "the reward is in the quest"....
    Roflmao!!