Page 82 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2657
    The new thread is a great idea ......

We will also need a "Vienna Channels Has Shipped (MY GSM)" Thread.

WARNING! DON'T START ANY NEW THREAD UNTIL IT IS RELEASED! THIS ALL MAY JUST BE ANOTHER FALSE ALARM!
    "Daddy of 3" I only hope you also have pictures of your 3 kids in your wallet as well !

Ed (Grampa of 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I also printed out a picture of a T650 and keep it in my wallet, so when I am alone, I pretend I have one already...
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Thanks helpermonkey... This wait has been a draining ordeal. We are gluttons for punishment living on the bleeding edge. I feel good when we lighten things up once in a while. Also, we got a great crew of people.
    They are all dynamic in their own way.

Techjunkie - father of the thread
    specimen38 - a man with too many post in this thread
    whmurray - thread's conscious and skeptic
    cglaguna - a discerner of Treo truth
    MisterEd - encourager and creative animated avatar maniac
    Mtreosexual - the passionate commentator
    100thMonkey - the brains & wise sage
    Boobookins - the non-U.S. perspective
    bcaslis - conduit to GSM Treo 650 hope
    helpermonkey - insightful commentator
    Thunder God - A Treo news hound and friend of GWB
    Hayswj - an advanced scout

And we all truly appreciate the honorables mentions for the many contributions.
    Wow, I never imagined that my "Fifteen minutes of fame, or is it fifteen seconds" would be on a TreoCentral GSM thread. This group keeps me sane, or is it insane?

Kind makes my sneaking backstage at the American Music Awards and being put on stage for a 15 second commercial snippet, feel like nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    ...Kind makes my sneaking backstage at the American Music Awards and being put on stage for a 15 second commercial snippet, feel like nothing.
    So, what did you do for 15 seconds on stage?!
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I know DUN is nice because of no cables etc. but I would think you are going to get better speeds with the USB cable connection no? I carry my cable with me anyway.
    Actually in the case of using DUN the phone's connection to the NET is the slow link in the chain so it don't think it'll be any faster with the cable as without. As long as you have a reliable BT connection all is well. Plus their's the cool factor of never taking your phone out of your pocket. Especially when friends ask how you're getting a connection when they have none!

I've used it on highway coming back from Montreal to Toronto to fix an emergency at work. That was sweet. (Don't worry someone else was driving.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    So, what did you do for 15 seconds on stage?!
    The director grabbed a few of us (me and a couple of price waterhouse dudes) who were lingering back stage to go on with Brandy and Sabrina the teenage witch (never can remember her name) chick, who were hosting that year, to crwod around Brandy and whats-her-name to make one of those 15 second teaser commercials that come between actual commercials during a live telecast.

I had got back stage and was next to Brandy and whats-her-name and **** clark and pricewaterhouse dudes and families. No one knew I wasn't supposed to be there.

The funny thing was I didn't even know I was going to the event that night, so after it happened I was trying to get a hold of anyone who could tape it for me. (since it is delayed on the West Coast) It was so short (and stupid) I thought, no one is going to see this. And I didn't mention to to anyone. The next day people at work came screaming to me, it was too funny. I happen to run into a friend a few days later, she said, Joe, her husband, was in Texas on business flipping through the channels in his hotel room and saw a guy that looked just like you on the American Music Awards. She told him he was crazy. I laughed, and told her.
    So I can sync with bluetooth. Just a toy, as the cable would be near anyway.
    When you sych without a cable it stops your wife from saying "hey, this phone isn't wireless!"
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Thanks helpermonkey... This wait has been a draining ordeal. We are gluttons for punishment living on the bleeding edge. I feel good when we lighten things up once in a while. Also, we got a great crew of people.

Now I just feel special all over again. Is that sad? Probably shouldn't even have to ask...

Daddyof3 - you should make a cardboard cutout of one, it would probably feel even more like you have a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Actually in the case of using DUN the phone's connection to the NET is the slow link in the chain so it don't think it'll be any faster with the cable as without. As long as you have a reliable BT connection all is well. Plus their's the cool factor of never taking your phone out of your pocket. Especially when friends ask how you're getting a connection when they have none!

I've used it on highway coming back from Montreal to Toronto to fix an emergency at work. That was sweet. (Don't worry someone else was driving.)
    True, good point. I wish I had bluetooth on one of my computers to test it out. The Bluetooth is going to kill the battery on your phone faster though. In the end I would probably end up hooking the phone to the charger or putting it in the craddle (if I had one). But as you said the phone would not have to be right next to the computer attached by a cable that wants to disconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    anyone?
    tanner

i thought i answered that on post 1555.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    poimt of order! point of order!

before there is a got gsm or i got my gsm, who is with me thread, there needs to be a my gsm 650 shipped, how about yours? thread.

with vienna channels in the mix, that will last longer than this thread.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe

before there is a got gsm or i got my gsm, who is with me thread, there needs to be a my gsm 650 shipped, how about yours? thread.

I bet you anything, after the nightmare of Sprint VC, I bet those Treos are boxed and labeled and on a pallet for the ups/ab/fedex man. VC is waiting for P1 ok, P1 is waiting for Cingular. By the first VC will ship. (imo)
    mornin' bump

i'll check out post 1555 thx!
    so, you have an unlocked cingular 600 and you use a att sim card? then yes, the t-mobile one should work.
    exactly! Thank you flipe!
    Would anybody here do a 3-year contract in exchange for getting a GSM Treo 650, warranty lost/stolen and accessories free?
    So I can sync with bluetooth. Just a toy, as the cable would be near anyway.
    Agreed. I can sync w/ IRDA too but I rarely do. I have two charge/sync cables which I prefer, if only because it keeps the battery charged. Usually keep PDAReach running so that I can access Treo apps from the PC.
    Would anybody here do a 3-year contract in exchange for getting a GSM Treo 650, warranty lost/stolen and accessories free?
    I think that is called penny wise and pound foolish. I am not so cash poor that I want to keep the initial price low at the expense of the long term.
    I would pay quite a bit for this . . . my 600 was stolen . . . .
    But voice coverage is paramount. I get the best coverage from Cingular.

So bottom-line, I woud sign-up with Cingular for 3 years if it included insurance . . . .

What about me? "Pathetic lurker in need of GSM 650 12-step plan"
    Felipe,

I think there is consensus around the thread named, "I Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me?" I thought MacUser had a good catchy title as well, "GOT GSM 650?" but I think the former title won out.

The title: I Received My GSM 650. Who's With Me? has several functions.
    1) It's familiar and shows transition from waiting to receiving. Some members who may gone away for few weeks will know where to come immediately.
    2) The question "Who's With Me?" is inclusive of people who might be with us in spirit because they are wanting a GSM model, but just have acquired it yet.
    3) It distinguishes us from the CDMAers.
    4) The "I Received My GSM.... can mean from VC or PalmOne or Cingular.

I support one unified thread.