Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2657
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    is this the first girl in the thread?

Hey, do you think you could use your sweet charm skills on them and get them to release it or anything?
    no, I'm a girl/woman/lady/whatever :-)
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    3. Corporate Store #2: Cannot confirm rumor (expected). Ordering online will probably be the fastest way to get them. (Worse customer service out of the 3.) The whole time... they kinda discouraged me from even getting the phone from them altogether. Amazing.
    I've run into this kind of behaviour before. Often I have super customer service reps with the various companies I deal with but once in a while I run into someone who actually projects a vibe of simply not wanting to bother doing their job where taking an order (or whatever I need) seems like such a bother to them they actually encourage me to go somewhere else. Companies really need to pay attention to the quality of their CSRs. I currently get my cable, cell, and Internet through a single company, Rogers. In Canada these services aren't exactly cheap. (My wife and I play a game where I don't show she her the monthly bill and doesn't ask to see it.) Now Rogers would lose a significant amount of business if I to run into one of these lazy reps and get pissed to point of cancelling everything. Of course then I'd have to switch everything over to Bell, our phone company, and I hate them. So I guess Rogers can hire all the lazy CSRs they want and they've still got my business.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers

Hey, do you think you could use your sweet charm skills on them and get them to release it or anything?
    I don't think I'm the only female here...

...and I WAS TRYING to charm 'them' into ANYTHING that would get me this phone by my birthday...it's just NOT NICE to keep a lady waiting so long!

...so, palmOne...what do you say???
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I think you will have to count slower than that...
    I'm a lurking female...and Ive called every number I can find to ask about the 650. No luck. They dont treat us womenfolk any different from you guys. (And giving that sweet smile just doesn't work over the phone...)

In reality, a lot of people do. While you might not there are lots of doctors, lawyers and other professionals and nonprofessionals who want a relatively bug free item when the shell out $600.
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Who cares, we will have the phone in hand. The bugs can be worked out
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I think you will have to count slower than that...

Ok!

As soon as I read this resourceful thread on the news of GSM 650 releasing on 1/26 (Wed), I frantically called the closest Cingular (corporate and authorized agent) stores around me, and their responses were pretty useless.
    <snip>
    I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago but I'll mention it here as it's in context:
    I called the local PalmOne retail store (aka "Palm Cafe") at the local mall. I asked when they expect to start selling the Treo 650 GSM.
    His response was "We hope in 2-3 weeks" but that's the best he could estimate.
    Based on past experience last year when I got my Treo600, at a time when everyone was out of Treo600's and backordered, this palm cafe store had a steady supply in stock. It's my belief (and hope) that they will have the T650 GSM available near to when Cingular starts selling. At the bare minimum I think they'll have a better date as to when they'll have them by Wed the 27th.

In any case the response implies that the T650 will start selling soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    GSM Release
    6 Days remaining
    1501 posts

Ocean's 12 move over for:

Treo's 12
    Techjunkie
    specimen38
    whmurray
    cglaguna
    MisterEd
    Mtreosexual
    100thMonkey
    Boobookins
    bcaslis
    helpermonkey
    Thunder God
    Hayswj

(data compiled from the top 12 posters)
    (honorable mention Tanner, Barney, MacUser, Daddyof 3, Felipe, Smartphone Fan)
    Thanks!
    Wink, wink....
    As soon as I read this resourceful thread
    got an unlock questions since we've not talked about that for a page or two now *sigh*

if an AT&T card werkX in my treo600 will a tmobile one werk? (I've got cingular) and it works...usually
    so, you have an unlocked cingular 600 and you use a att sim card? then yes, the t-mobile one should work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    We needed you on the Treo's 12 team. We did not have a woman in our crew. Welcome! You broke the silence of "lurking" because you are hopeful now. Had you come out from lurking earlier, we would have put you to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by brynat
    I'm a lurking female...and Ive called every number I can find to ask about the 650. No luck. They dont treat us womenfolk any different from you guys. (And giving that sweet smile just doesn't work over the phone...)

There are other lurkers out there who have never posted. Who are you? How long have you been lurking as we await the GSM Treo 650 release? It's time to come out of the closet.

Isn't that the beauty of internet chatting? No one can tell your race, sex, etc., and look how we are getting along so well! I am a boy, well, I guess a man (I am still thinking about that one)... I just like my kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    Thanks!
    What do we win? I ordered my case, am going to order my bluetooth. My gosh have you guys looked at all the controversy regarding bluetooth.

I guess I am going to try Sony, HBH-660? What do you know?
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/20/2005 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    There are other lurkers out there who have never posted. Who are you? How long have you been lurking as we await the GSM Treo 650 release? It's time to come out of the closet.
    Actually, I have been reading this thread since it started as a non-member! Playing the waiting game (and so far, losing...) I wish I could go to sleep now and wake up on the 27th.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    My gosh have your guys looked at all the controversy.
    What controversy?
    I enjoyed this thread tremendously and marveled at the accomplishments of shadowmite, it has also provided me with some relief to know I am not the only one waiting with my eyes glued to every treo blog and news site out....thanks guys and keep up the good work

Waiting foe my vienna channels unlock Treo 650...
    GSM Release
    6 Days remaining
    1501 posts

Ocean's 12 move over for:

Treo's 12
    Techjunkie
    specimen38
    whmurray
    cglaguna
    MisterEd
    Mtreosexual
    100thMonkey
    Boobookins
    bcaslis
    helpermonkey
    Thunder God
    Hayswj

(data compiled from the top 12 posters)
    (honorable mention Tanner, Barney, MacUser, Daddyof 3, Felipe, Smartphone Fan)
    Awesome! First time I've made a top 12 list.