Page 77 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    If AT&T is introducing the GSM T650, see link below, then I doubt that Cingular will introduce it for quite sometime. This explains the removal of the online pictures and announcements.

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolar...almone650.jhtml

That link will give you the option of signing up for the AT&T release date notification.
    the link does not work
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    this one works Why does Teonauts bend to the will of P1? Does P1 one the site or are they funded by them? I was upset to see the pictures diappear! Happy to be part of the 12!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Thunder God; 01/20/2005 at 02:05 PM.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    This has been a great thread. Its members have been extremely resourceful, knowledgeable and influential. I know for a fact that there a decision-makers sitting in corporate towers reading this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I loved that movie!

thx for honorable metion...

I'd be glad to be official "Well, I think we should just kick them in the..."
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    This has been a great thread. Its members have been extremely resourceful, knowledgeable and influential. I know for a fact that there a decision-makers sitting in corporate towers reading this thread.

*kicks decision maker in the ... *

hey, sorry man, it's muh job...U know...like yours is to delay treo650 releases...this ones mine.
    Can I be the #1 lurker?

I check every 5 minutes, my boss is starting to frown on this open internet policy.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junk13
    Can I be the #1 lurker?

I check every 5 minutes, my boss is starting to frown on this open internet policy.
    Sorry, you have to get in line behind me. :-)
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    FWIW...

palmOne Mobile Solutions Road Show Highlights Webinar
    Featuring the Treo™ 650 Smartphone

Dear *****,

In the fall, we traveled around the US on an eight city roadshow to spotlight the Treo smartphone product line and introduce the new Treo 650. If you were unable to be with us, we present this live Webinar with highlights from those core presentations.

We'll focus on the design and development stories of the Treo platform and talk with two of our key product architects before we run through the features of the new Treo 650.

Webinar: Wednesday, January 26, 2005
    Noon - 1 PM PST / 3 PM - 4 PM EST
    Register now, space is limited.

Presenters

Rob Haitani - Product Design Architect
    Rob is a key player in the software interface design for the palmOne line.

Peter Skillman - Director of New Product Development
    Peter is a key player in the hardware design of the Treo line.

Joe Fabris - Director of Wireless Marketing
    Highlighting the features of the Treo 650.

Questions taken online.

Webinar: Wednesday, January 26, 2005
    Noon - 1 PM PST / 3 PM - 4 PM EST
    Register now, space is limited.

Brought to you by the
    palmOne Business Solutions Team
    www.palmOne.com/business

palmOne, Inc. 400 North McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035

© 2005 palmOne, Inc. All rights reserved. palmOne and Treo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to palmOne, Inc.

The contents of this email are based on your palmOne Newsletter Profile. Unsubscribe or Modify your Profile.
    I TOTALLY did NOT register for that webinar
    I just got the same exact email. Looks like the 650 might be next week. I registered for it, and just got a confirmation back to view it. My cingular rep did tell me that the 650 was DEFINITELY going to be released the last week of January.
    Wherezit say, allude to or insinuate anything about the GSM release in that email? I'm not saying it won't be released next week, but the email has zero new information. Aside from which, I have little doubt the "webinar" has been in planning for many months - at least since the Sprint model was released (these shows don't get planned a week before they go off) and I'm sure they didn't adjust the date just for the GSM release. Basically it's just another version of the Treo Roadshows that they had last year.... and there was no GSM release then. The description is just about identical.

Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I just got the same exact email. Looks like the 650 might be next week. I registered for it, and just got a confirmation back to view it. My cingular rep did tell me that the 650 was DEFINITELY going to be released the last week of January.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Wherezit say, allude to or insinuate anything about the GSM release in that email? I'm not saying it won't be released next week, but the email has zero new information. Aside from which, I have little doubt the "webinar" has been in planning for many months - at least since the Sprint model was released (these shows don't get planned a week before they go off) and I'm sure they didn't adjust the date just for the GSM release. Basically it's just a "medical version" of the Treo Roadshows that they last year.... and there was no GSM release then.
    There are two webinars... One on Jan 26th that is a webinar of the roadshow... Why would they have a webinar about the CDMA version that is already out... They would want to show off the new product the GSM version.. And then the next day is the medical Webinar......
    The same reason they had 1 Roadshow BEFORE the 650 was even announced, 2 more roadshows after the CDMA version was already released and 4 shows after it was announced but before it was released. At the so called CDMA shows erveryone had GSM phones. How did CDMA or GSM matter in relation to the applications they were pushing? You think they knew when they planned this show months ago (they don't plan them 1 week in advance) the 27th was going to be the release day? Aside from that, they aren't selling the PHONE (what difference does it make if it's CDMA or GSM when it comes to applications). They are selling the Palm side with the medical applications. It makes no difference whether apps run on a GSM phone or a CDMA phone.

Once again, I'm not saying they won't release it next week, I believe the actually might, but the Webinar has nothing to do with it. It was planned months ago. It's pure coincidence if it is so. We're just grasping at anything we can find as a "clue."

1 show is a "best of" from the roadshow and the other is medical software related.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    There are two webinars... One on Jan 26th that is a webinar of the roadshow... Why would they have a webinar about the CDMA version that is already out... They would want to show off the new product the GSM version.. And then the next day is the medical Webinar......
    It will be a great day!! It seems as if all of the information about the release is finally coming together. I think we are in the final days.

Let the countdown begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    It will be a great day!! It seems as if all of the information about the release is finally coming together. I think we are in the final days.

Let the countdown begin.
    And then once it's released: "Let the b1tching and moaning about the bugs begin."
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Let the countdown begin.
    Who cares, we will have the phone in hand. The bugs can be worked out
    Take a look at the article on the front page

Treo 650 for Cingular just days away
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/522-1.htm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I was hoping this phone would be my Christmas present last December...now it looks like it may be my birthday present this year...if it ships in time! Come on palmOne...make a girls wish come true...my birthday's Feb. 4th...hint hint
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  19.    #1539  
    As soon as I read this resourceful thread on the news of GSM 650 releasing on 1/26 (Wed), I frantically called the closest Cingular (corporate and authorized agent) stores around me, and their responses were pretty useless.

1. Authorized Agent: Friendly sales person on the phone... Manager called the warehouse to see if he can order 2 for me. The warehouse cannot accept orders at this time. As soon as they can order them, they will order 2 for me. They will then notify me. The person on the phone even gave me the numbers to the Corporate Stores to check and see their availability. She was very friendly and tried to help me get the phones the fastest way possible - since that was my request. (Best service out of all the calls I made today.)

2. Corporate Store #1: Cannot confirm rumor (of course). They will most likely receive them around February. They get new phones ranging from a few days to weeks after the availability. They would love for me to get it from them because of service and warranty with batteries (blah blah blah).

3. Corporate Store #2: Cannot confirm rumor (expected). Ordering online will probably be the fastest way to get them. (Worse customer service out of the 3.) The whole time... they kinda discouraged me from even getting the phone from them altogether. Amazing.

My verdict: I will either get my 650's from Cingular's Site or the Authorized Agent whoever has them first.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I was hoping this phone would be my Christmas present last December...now it looks like it may be my birthday present this year...if it ships in time! Come on palmOne...make a girls wish come true...my birthday's Feb. 4th...hint hint

is this the first girl in the thread?

Hey, do you think you could use your sweet charm skills on them and get them to release it or anything?