Page 73 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Doug
    . . . I have to put my two cents in about now. I am as anxious as any one here. I lurk here a lot. . . My original screen name was Treo600Doug. . . .My 600 got stolen months ago and I decided to just wait for the 650 . . . .But . . .

Bottom-line, Cingular probably just doesn’t care too much when they launch the Treo 650. They already have the Treo 600, the Blackberry, and now the Siemens SX66. The Treo 650 is no big deal to them. They have much bigger fish to fry . . . As alluded to above, to them it is just another low volume, high maintenance phone Plus, I am sure the merger with ATT is sucking the productivity out of much of their staff. . . No great conspiracy. They will launch it when they get around to it. . .

I am over-stating this just to make the point, that this is much bigger to us than them . . .
    You are right, it is much bigger to many of you that it is to Cingular when the Treo 650 gets released. But you would be hard pressed to find people more excited about a products release... that being said, Cingular does care if for no other reason than because the phone drives sales (high dollar sales) and sales drives the business. Do you think the B2B people don't care? These sales people go after huge accounts and have to maintain them as well, devices like the 650 can make a difference and the sales people want what ever they can get their hands on to be at an advantage over the competition. It seems to me many people don't realize these kinds of things.

People are making all kinds of bad assumptions about the merger. But productivity being sucked out of the staff? How so? You wouldn't think that the people who are working there actually may have a lot more work as they continue on with their "business as usual" types of work and all the work involved with the merging of two huge companies? Of course some people are duplicated and unneeded, but I don't expect that will be the norm. Like I said, milage may vary...
    Check out this post. (Actually the link inside the post).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=21

WTF, here's the direct link from the post: http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/01/treonauts_with_.html

That plus Palm1's "coming soon" removal = ??????
    Sorry Darjay. I had a different angle on that. The irony of complaining about Cingular while they have a guy formerly from PalmOne steering the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    Hey specimen38, that was dated April 2004. you got my hopes up thinking it was new info....ya know like, now that Cingular has him, they will be releasing the 650.
    Darn, hopes raised and dashed on the rocks again!
    Cool.... Just checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    me me me me
    That's not a good sign. The January 26th date does not seem a reality at this point if they are pulling pictures down. Those B2B guys are commission hungry brainwasher and hypnotist.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd

WTF, here's the direct link from the post: http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/01/treonauts_with_.html

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Well, from my rep, both offices were still operating independantly. The Cingular people could bring customers from ATT over, but they were having to work with ATT offices to do it. I amsure they are ready to consolidate offices, software and plans soon. Again, they are not planning on cutting off Analog, which is only an ATT thing, they will slowly phase it out.
    Analog is not ATT only. When 850 launched in this country you had the landline carrier in the area getting one of the 850 bands and another company got the other. Both ATT and Cingular were one of the original 850 carriers in many of the markets they have coverage in. Both companies have bothe 850 and 1900Mhz spectrum.

Edit

I also forgot to mention that analog can not be turned off any time soon. If I am correct then analog must be in service until 2008 at least.
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 01/19/2005 at 08:26 PM.
    I've been lurking here for quite awhile waiting for the GSM T650. Just got separate confirmations from two Cingular sources today - one from the mobile data solutions group and the other from the B2B sales side. FWIW - Jan 27 is the date given to me. Not that I know jacksh!t of course. Anyway, that's the date I'm hoping for.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    this is frinkin ridicolos. I want my damn phone

Monkey's don't need no phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Cingular Hires New Vice President of Product Management

Cingular Wireless named David Christopher as vice president of Product Management for voice products, devices and affiliate services. Christopher comes to Cingular from palmOne.

"David brings a wealth of product management knowledge to the Cingular team, and we are thrilled he has come on board to help us deliver on our commitment to provide an enhanced wireless experience for our customers," said Marc Lefar, Chief Marketing Officer, Cingular Wireless.

Christopher will be responsible for developing and managing Cingular's portfolio of voice products and enhanced services. In his new role, he will also work with supply chain to drive Cingular's device requirements in an effort to better integrate voice and data services for a simple and enhanced user experience.

For the past six years, Christopher worked at palmOne (formerly Palm, Inc.), serving most recently as vice president -- Product Marketing and Management with responsibility for the team that defines, develops and manages all palmOne-branded product lines worldwide from concept through end of life.

A native of Winston-Salem, N.C., Christopher earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and a Masters of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.

About Cingular Wireless

Cingular Wireless, a joint venture between SBC Communications (NYSE:SBC) and BellSouth (NYSE:BLS) , serves more than 24 million voice and data customers across the United States. A leader in mobile voice and data communications, Cingular is the only U.S. wireless carrier to offer Rollover(tm), the wireless plan that lets customers keep their unused monthly minutes. Cingular has launched the world's first commercial deployment of wireless services using Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) technology. Cingular provides cellular/PCS service in 43 of the top 50 markets nationwide, and provides corporate e-mail and other advanced data services through its GPRS, EDGE and Mobitex packet data networks. Details of the company are available at www.cingular.com .

http://www.pdatoday.com/comments/1356_0_1_0_C/

maybe that means we will get the treo 700 gsm first, instead of sprint!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd

What a fu....in mess ?
    Why are they doing this.
    Someone should be castra...d for this level of irresponsibility.Come out and make a damn statement cingular or P1 about the delay,so that i stop checking treocentral every 15 minutes .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Monkey's don't need no phone.
    no 650s at least
    Actually, I don't understand palmOne's action here at all. They have pictures of the unbranded GSM on their website, so it's not like this hasn't been seen before. If it was the Cingular branded one I might understand. If they object to the info, then why wasn't the whole article pulled rather than just the pictures? I understand completely about pulling stuff about unreleased products, but pictures showing all the details of the GSM one are on the P1 website and they don't ask Treonauts to pull the whole article?

That's not a good sign. The January 26th date does not seem a reality at this point if they are pulling pictures down. Those B2B guys are commission hungry brainwasher and hypnotist.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    What a fu....in mess ?
    Why are they doing this.
    Someone should be castra...d for this level of irresponsibility.Come out and make a damn statement cingular or P1 about the delay,so that i stop checking treocentral every 15 minutes .
    ditto
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I got some bad news for all you people waiting for GSM version. I contacted expansys support for release date and was told that it's more than likely it will be March now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    I've been lurking here for quite awhile waiting for the GSM T650. Just got separate confirmations from two Cingular sources today - one from the mobile data solutions group and the other from the B2B sales side. FWIW - Jan 27 is the date given to me. Not that I know jacksh!t of course. Anyway, that's the date I'm hoping for.
    Well, I'm always open to some marginally optomistic news I'll take it with a grain of salt, and maybe smear some of that salt on a full margarita glass as I sit back and wait for next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Well, I'm always open to some marginally optomistic news I'll take it with a grain of salt, and maybe smear some of that salt on a full margarita glass as I sit back and wait for next week.

Lot of descripancy between 2 last posts

March per someone in NewZealand.
    Jan 27 per the guy in New Jersey.

Take your pick.
    i'm going w/ next week...'s more fun for me
    If they dont release next week, I may just settle for the T600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    i'm going w/ next week...'s more fun for me
    MY TREO 600 FOR SALE

You sure you want to do this.With a delayed release that would be suicidal
    Where? (Never mind .... found it. )
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Actually, I don't understand palmOne's action here at all. They have pictures of the unbranded GSM on their website, so it's not like this hasn't been seen before.