Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2657
    Well, from my rep, both offices were still operating independantly. The Cingular people could bring customers from ATT over, but they were having to work with ATT offices to do it. I amsure they are ready to consolidate offices, software and plans soon. Again, they are not planning on cutting off Analog, which is only an ATT thing, they will slowly phase it out.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Can you explain exactly what you mean by the official handover? Cingular already owns ATTWS, so I am not clear.
    whmurray,

Set me straight. Put me in my place. Give me the knock out blow

Why do you care so much about conveying these point?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    .....However, this is all about Sprint, not Cingular. Sprint benefits; Cingular does not. Cingular looses customers to Sprint.
    i just moved from cingular to sprint, when the cingular rep told me if you want insurance on that treo you should go to sprint....i also went because the plans on data and phone were better, but that cingular rep really was the icing on the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Here I do not agree. This is GSM; the functionality that Cingular really cares about is on the SIM, not the phone. This is GSM; Cingular has all kinds of phones, roaming and otherwise, on its network that it did not sell and does not even know about, much less control.

It may well be that P1 wants Cingular to sell it and support it. However, if one takes Sprint out of the equation, it is hard to identify a motive that P1 and Cingular share in doing it late rather than early. This should be particularly true when they know that it is angering many of their customers.
    Well I have had the same rep with Cingular for 4 years. She cringes when a Treo customer calls. Whether they sold the phone or not, Cingular gets the call everytime data is not working. When the phones drop calls, you think they call Palm? When SMS is down you think they don't call Cingular? When data bill is high, who do they call. You don't think Cingular cares about that? You think that Cingular tells it' customers, sorry we didn't sell the phone so we don't won't help you with it. That would be Sprint's line.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Marketing people have a word that describes us -- "early adopters."
    Joe Fabris called us "Fast Forwards" at the roadshow
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    100th,

Do you know of anyone who is browsing the internet with a Treo 600 from the Blazer browser using MediaNet from Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Joe Fabris called us "Fast Forwards" at the roadshow
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    ...if you want insurance on that treo you should go to sprint....
    I have been a Cingular/BellSouth Mobility customer since the early bag phone days, however long that has been . . . But this really bugs me . . . cost my company several hundred dollars . . . .
    Only GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Doug
    I have been a Cingular/BellSouth Mobility customer since the early bag phone days, however long that has been . . . But this really bugs me . . . cost my company several hundred dollars . . . .

I signed up last summer for insurance, read all the fine print, insured up to $1500, does NOT exclude pda phones... very clearly insured the Treo600 AND even called Lockline to make CERTAIN that it was covered. I was told that it was.

Well, fast forward 'bout 8 months...guess what, they don't insure it. And I've been paying for it all along! PUNKS!

I'll be having that $$ back now. Thank you. They never so much as sent an EMAIL to say, "hey, we don't insure your phone anymore"

hah...gimmie that $$ back then punk.

thank you, please drive through.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    100th,

Do you know of anyone who is browsing the internet with a Treo 600 from the Blazer browser using MediaNet from Cingular?
    me me me me
    Okay, I think I'll join those who are waiting for GSM 650, even though I'm enjoying my CDMA T650 with Sprint at the moment.

Basic question: Does the GSM 650 have to be unlocked when I swap SIM cards from a cheap phone on cingular?

I searched google and froogle for GSM Treo 650 to see if any price promotion are coming. No go. Looks like I'll hafta pay full price. Yikes!!!! cglaguna, can you help since you seem to have B2B buddies?
    Cingular Hires New Vice President of Product Management

Cingular Wireless named David Christopher as vice president of Product Management for voice products, devices and affiliate services. Christopher comes to Cingular from palmOne.

"David brings a wealth of product management knowledge to the Cingular team, and we are thrilled he has come on board to help us deliver on our commitment to provide an enhanced wireless experience for our customers," said Marc Lefar, Chief Marketing Officer, Cingular Wireless.

Christopher will be responsible for developing and managing Cingular's portfolio of voice products and enhanced services. In his new role, he will also work with supply chain to drive Cingular's device requirements in an effort to better integrate voice and data services for a simple and enhanced user experience.

For the past six years, Christopher worked at palmOne (formerly Palm, Inc.), serving most recently as vice president -- Product Marketing and Management with responsibility for the team that defines, develops and manages all palmOne-branded product lines worldwide from concept through end of life.

A native of Winston-Salem, N.C., Christopher earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and a Masters of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.

About Cingular Wireless

Cingular Wireless, a joint venture between SBC Communications (NYSE:SBC) and BellSouth (NYSE:BLS) , serves more than 24 million voice and data customers across the United States. A leader in mobile voice and data communications, Cingular is the only U.S. wireless carrier to offer Rollover(tm), the wireless plan that lets customers keep their unused monthly minutes. Cingular has launched the world's first commercial deployment of wireless services using Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE) technology. Cingular provides cellular/PCS service in 43 of the top 50 markets nationwide, and provides corporate e-mail and other advanced data services through its GPRS, EDGE and Mobitex packet data networks. Details of the company are available at www.cingular.com .

http://www.pdatoday.com/comments/1356_0_1_0_C/
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Okay, I think I'll join those who are waiting for GSM 650, even though I'm enjoying my CDMA T650 with Sprint at the moment.

Basic question: Does the GSM 650 have to be unlocked when I swap SIM cards from a cheap phone on cingular?

I searched google and froogle for GSM Treo 650 to see if any price promotion are coming. No go. Looks like I'll hafta pay full price. Yikes!!!! cglaguna, can you help since you seem to have B2B buddies?
    Basic answer, no.

Pricing, well I am probably not buying from Cingular, unless the price is less than $400. Or if they get it to me early, which my third party vendor is trying to convince Cingular to do, but I highly doubt it will happen. But I will try to get special pricing but haven't even been able to get a price on the phone yet.

Cingular was supposed to call me today, and guess what I did, I forgot my friggin Treo at home. AAAARRRRGGGHGHHH I am totally lost without my baby. Cingular has a way to check voicemail remotely, i just hav never used it or remember how to do it.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Hey specimen38, that was dated April 2004. you got my hopes up thinking it was new info....ya know like, now that Cingular has him, they will be releasing the 650.
    Darn, hopes raised and dashed on the rocks again!
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    If it's like AT&T and Verizon just go to a phone and dial your own number and hit * (or # forgot which) during the msg. If you call cust svc they cann tell you for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Cingular has a way to check voicemail remotely, i just hav never used it or remember how to do it.
    CG-
    Call yourself and when you hear your message, press 1#. Then it will say enter your password. Enter your password and #
    Actually I think you press * during the outgoing message. Then your password and the #.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Actually I think you press * during the outgoing message. Then your password and the #.
    The asterick worked, thanks for the suggestion. MVT change your avatar it is out of Date

2004 Champions YES!!! Matt is back !!! are you going to the party on Friday? at Tommy Trojan?
    Knew I forgot to do something!!! It should be fixed now.

Awesome trip to Miami...had a blast! Matt coming back and I've already ordered Rose Bowl tickets for 06!

Really looking forward to swapping my Treo 600 for a GSM 650!

Wish I could go Friday but probably won't make it.
    this is frinkin ridicolos. I want my damn phone
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey