Page 69 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2657
    How does EDGE compare with EvDO? (Curious)
    Like low end DSL to dialup.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    EVDO is faster EDGE. How much faster? So much faster than EDGE that Verizon thinks it's comparable to WIFI. You will have to read between the lines. But interesting still. Story Link
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    So, i have decided to go Treo 650 GSM too. I have to wait, living on the other side of the pond as i am...
    Well I think the EVDO poitn is moot at this point like 3G or 4G whatever. Because the 650Sp won't support EVDO right?
    Right cglaguna. The GSM 650 will not support EVDO. GSM = EDGE and CDMA = 1RxTT The next logical and evolutionary move for Treo is UMTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Well I think the EVDO poitn is moot at this point like 3G or 4G whatever. Because the 650Sp won't support EVDO right?
    Check TreoNauts to check out the GSM model. It's finally here.
    I talked with business rep today and he stated for sure on the 26th and he got a memo stating the phone will be 549.99 before any rebates.
    Ask you B2B rep to call you when the shipment is in the warehouse. Better yet when do the phones hit the warehouse? No offense khart214, but these guy work on commission and its their job to string potential customers along. This already happened before Christmas and with January 5 or 6th.

Then...as the hip-hop moguls say..... "holler back"
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    I talked with business rep today and he stated for sure on the 26th and he got a memo stating the phone will be 549.99 before any rebates.
    Do me a favor, my rep has been out this week. Ask about this big data speculation regarding the $40 PDA plan. I will try and talk to mine tomorrow regarding the same thing and get this story straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    ......Today is the official handover of ATT to Cingular, big corporate meeting to hash everything out together.
    What do you think? Did our precious little concern make the cut?
    No? Well, just another tease?
    Last edited by whmurray; 01/18/2005 at 08:06 PM.
    Don't you just love it. I heard tomorrow and $499.00. Then I heard July. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Don't you just love it. I heard tomorrow and $499.00. Then I heard July. What do you think?
    Your march prediction does seem to appear real gradually.
    Definitely not buying if i have to wait till march.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38

whmurray,

I don't think PalmOne is behind the teasing. I think it's Cingular. I think they are sending us the wrong signals. I think they sent PalmOne a wrong signal and that is why they pulled the "Coming Soon" GSM Treo 650 advertisement.

You are probably right. On the other hand, do you have any evidence? No? I thought not. I think that it is P1 and Sprint. My evidence is that a year ago they did the same thing. Cui Bono? There is absolutely no reason for Cingular to tease and every reason for P1/Sprint to do so. Me thinks you doth like P1 too much. Are you one of those P1 lurkers you keep warning us about?
    You are probably right. On the other hand, do you have any evidence? No? I thought not. I think that it is P1 and Sprint. My evidence is that a year ago the did the same thing.
    It's shameful that the providers have monopoly on the phones, not the company making them and people using them are at the mercy of the provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Your march prediction does seem to appear real gradually.
    Definitely not buying if i have to wait till march.
    I keep hoping that I am wrong. Then I have been here before.
    It's shameful that the providers have monopoly on the phones, not the company making them and people using them are at the mercy of the provider.
    Agreed. However, that is not unusual in the market. What is unusual in this case is that the provider has dirty hands.
    LOL.... Yes, I am caught. I admit it. I am a lurker for PalmOne. Not!
    You are probably right. On the other hand, do you have any evidence? No? I thought not. I think that it is P1 and Sprint. My evidence is that a year ago they did the same thing. Cui Bono? There is absolutely no reason for Cingular to tease and every reason for P1/Sprint to do so. Me thinks you doth like P1 too much. Are you one of those P1 lurkers you keep warning us about?
    That makes two of us....and I mean that! All kidding aside. I'll wait for the next round, which might perhaps be a Treo 700.
    Your march prediction does seem to appear real gradually. Definitely not buying if i have to wait till march.
    I think PalmOne is powerless over the carriers. I really do not like it that AT&T got bought out by Cingular. It really "displaced" me in the GSM world. It took away most of the competition. PalmOne is a small niche company dependent on the big carrier to buy it product.

Speaking of dirty hands -- here is a proverb that I think is fitting. I don't think PalmOne wants to be dirty, but the environment is dirty. So it has been said, "it easier to get dirt on something clean than to get some clean on something dirty."
    I keep hoping that I am wrong. Then I have been here before.
    Agreed. However, that is not unusual in the market. What is unusual in this case is that the provider has dirty hands.