Page 68 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2657
    I Just Visited the palmone site and Noticed that They have taken off the GSM coming soon display, I refreshed the Screen about 10 time times and got the atkins thing and one that says treo 650 now shipping BUt it only refers to Sprint???? Wassup!
    The IMEI of the phone can be blacklisted if stolen. That is in the phone, not the SIM. Like an ESN number.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    In the event that your phone is stolen with the SIM, you must report it to the carrier issuing the SIM. They will cancel it and issue a new one. The thief will not be able to make calls on your account. However, he can put another SIM in it and use it.
    There is reason why you don't take stock tips from your barber. A barber is a barber and not a broker. Gizmodo is Gizmodo (another website masquerading information) and not TreoCentral. Those clowns must not read over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    IT'S IN THE SPECS ON P1's WEBSITE. Anyway obviously gizmodo is mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Nah, just one more tease. Notice that he has not said where or when he got it.
    True. I also noticed that it's a P1 branded phone, not a Cingular branded phone.

I just figure P1 releases the "review copies" X number of days before it's available for sale so I'm hoping that Treonaughts having one means we're finally X numbers days away. (Meaning it's pasted testing with Cingular, or they have ROM updates, or units are in the warehouse or on a truck or whatever the hold up was has now passed and P1 knows for certain, finally, when they're gonna start selling. Meaning P1 knows X. Of course we still don't know X, but I don't think X is a huge number and if I were a betting man at this point I'd put X 10 or under. - And no I'm not a betting man so I don't want to place a real wager. I went to Vegas twice and the only gambling I did was getting married the first time I went.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    There is reason why you don't take stock tips from your barber. A barber is a barber and not a broker. Gizmodo is Gizmodo (another website masquerading information) and not TreoCentral. Those clowns must not read over there.
    My wife manages our stock portfolio. She's quite good at it. I make money the old fashioned way. I earn it.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    The IMEI of the phone can be blacklisted if stolen. That is in the phone, not the SIM. Like an ESN number.
    Unfortunately, blacklisting is not performed by any of the US GSM carriers.
    Really .... wow. I can swear I heard they can. I guess that's why mom taught me never to swear! That sure could lead to an awful lot of insurance fraud. Are they at least able to read the IMEI off the phones over the air ?
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Unfortunately, blacklisting is not performed by any of the US GSM carriers.
    Really .... wow. I can swear I heard they can. I guess that's why mom taught me never to swear! That sure could lead to an awful lot of insurance fraud. Are they at least able to read the IMEI off the phones over the air ?
    The insurance industry calls that "moral hazard." It occurs when the value of the claim exceeds the value of the asset. That is why insurance policies often involve a deductible from actual loss. Some of these replacement and insurance programs create moral hazard.

That said, I would expect theft of the phone to be a bigger problem than insurance fraud.
    FWIW ...... Was in a Cingular company store a couple hours ago and the "manager" told me the release was once again pushed back, now into late February. He said he was "aware" of the Jan 27th date as well.

Just reporting what I heard ...... whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen.
    FWIW ...... Was in a Cingular company store a couple hours ago and the "manager" told me the release was once again pushed back, now into late February. He said he was "aware" of the Jan 27th date as well.

Just reporting what I heard ...... whether he is right or wrong remains to be seen.
    Well called B2B again and they are still sticking to the Jan 27th release date... I sure hope that your guy is wrong and B2B is still right... The 27th seems so close but so far away...

great.....

Do you think I should go and buy the 600 from T-Mobile for $250 or still wait?
    He's NOT "my guy." I just like asking all the store managers I run across. I hope he's wrong too. We'll know next week for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well called B2B again and they are still sticking to the Jan 27th release date... I sure hope that your guy is wrong and B2B is still right... The 27th seems so close but so far away...
    He's NOT "my guy." I just like asking all the store managers I run across. I hope he's wrong too. We'll know next week for sure.
    I wasn't saying it like that.. Just that you were the one who spoke to him... No offense meant... I wonder now if the stores will be carrrying them at the same time or am I going to have to overnight it.... Man do I have obsession problems with this phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    great.....

Do you think I should go and buy the 600 from T-Mobile for $250 or still wait?
    I cannot advocate that you buy a 600 but I am glad that I have one.
    read this from ny times.

it goes over who is doing what and when with the so called "3g" networks.

if you dont have an account (it is free), try www.bugmenot.com.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Just of the phone with my third party vendor who just got off the phone with Cingular, head of Business Division for the west Coast, date has not been changed, still end of Jan. I asked for an exact but it is probably being finalized. Will get back to me by Thursday.

Today is the official handover of ATT to Cingular, big corporate meeting to hash everything out together.
    Last night, sales rep at former AT&T store turned Cingular tried to sell me an AT&T plan. He said it was about to run out. He said if there was some advantage to using AT&T, that I should seal it tonight. Now -- the handover probably dooms me to a Cingular plan. Unless Treo Blue and Treo Orange thing is for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Today is the official handover of ATT to Cingular, big corporate meeting to hash everything out together.
    February
    February subliminal suggestions
    February
    February

whmurray,

I don't think PalmOne is behind the teasing. I think it's Cingular. I think they are sending us the wrong signals. I think they sent PalmOne a wrong signal and that is why they pulled the "Coming Soon" GSM Treo 650 advertisement.

February
    February
    February
    February
    February
    February
    February
    February
    February
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    1. I have never found a limitation but, I have heard ther was some VPN port blocked or something if you are into VPN. I think I have a way around it but have yet to get the 650 to try it.
    2. As far as I understand from my rep, they are not limiting EDGE in anyway, if you have data, you have EDGE.
    thanks for the compliment guys. You are correct on both counts. Other than VPN, I have not heard of any services or ports being blocked on the the Media Works plan, which is unlike T-Mobile's cheap GPRS plans that limit the user to WAP only browsing. Of course, except for Cingular's server based mail services if you are using their enterprise email

And yes, EDGE is not monitored separately. Thus, if you have a data plan and EDGE capable handset, one can use EDGE data services
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    We knew the 100thMonkey would know. I hope people deciding, debating and discussing EDGE will take note to what was said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    thanks for the compliment guys. You are correct on both counts. Other than VPN, I have not heard of any services or ports being blocked on the the Media Works plan, which is unlike T-Mobile's cheap GPRS plans that limit the user to WAP only browsing. Of course, except for Cingular's server based mail services if you are using their enterprise email

And yes, EDGE is not monitored separately. Thus, if you have a data plan and EDGE capable handset, one can use EDGE data services