Page 65 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2657
  1. #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I don't think a pre-order form means much, except that you can place an order in queue with Gadgetfreeks and they will process and ship your order whenever P1 supplies them, but who knows when that will actually be. (When they have stock and are taking order orders then it means something.)

    That said I still think all signs point to a January 25th release.
    Well, it does specify a price.
  2. #1282  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Well, it does specify a price.
    It does but it doesn't seem to let you add it to your shopping cart just yet. (I clicked the buynow link to see if they had any terms about price subject to change on pre-order etc but I just an empty shopping cart page with a continue shopping link.)

    Anyway I still think the 25th is our day. Expansys still doesn't quote a price. Besides I thought you were Mr. Cynical it's not coming out to till May?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3. #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    ......Besides I thought you were Mr. Cynical it's not coming out to till May?
    Cynical? Mois? Based on P1's track record, I thought I was being hopeful.
  4. #1284  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    It does but it doesn't seem to let you add it to your shopping cart just yet. (I clicked the buynow link to see if they had any terms about price subject to change on pre-order etc but I just an empty shopping cart page with a continue shopping link.).....
    Less than I had hoped. It is one thing to take an order at a fixed price. It is somewhat less to advertise a "sale price" for future delivery but fail to book orders at that price. I assume that they will still offer that price when they are ready to take orders but they may not.
  5. #1285  
    Are you happy to see that phone listed for $699.00. Not me, if it stays that price I would not even consider buying it.
  6. #1286  
    I talked to B2B again today... Their story is the same... BUT they stated that the AT&T (blue) side was releasing the treo 650 Jan 26th, and Cingular (orange) side will release it Jan. 27th.. nothing big, but a little more information and more confirmation that it does appear that it will be released on Jan. 27th...
    They had no idea if the stores would be recieving shipments at the same time..
  7. #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Less than I had hoped. It is one thing to take an order at a fixed price. It is somewhat less to advertise a "sale price" for future delivery but fail to book orders at that price. I assume that they will still offer that price when they are ready to take orders but they may not.
    I went back because I thought maybe it's a browser issue, or a temporary bug with their shopping cart software, but I have no trouble adding the pre-order MPX - eew, why would I want one of those - so I don't know why you can't add the 650 except that they aren't actaully ready to take pre-orders.

    As for the price, what price are you guys expecting? What was the Sprint CDMA version without contract/discount? $699 sounds close, but I agree it's NO sale price. I bet $699 is Gadgetfreek's "we don't how much this phone is yet, but we but it's not more than $699" price.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. #1288  
    Quote Originally Posted by ayasin
    I wouldn't consider $25 to protect a $600 investment to be pricey . I did have a couple of questions though. I have no idea what EPV sandwiched foam is. Is that like a hard plate or something? Do you put your Treo in the case face in or face out?
    It can go in either way. The case is fleece-lined on both sides so it doesn't matter. There is foam in between the fleece and the outside. Out of being a pda user for 6 years, and have gone through many cases, this has offered the most protection and last the longest (I still use it, and it is over a year old). Hope that helps!
  9. #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I don't think a pre-order form means much, except that you can place an order in queue with Gadgetfreeks and they will process and ship your order whenever P1 supplies them, but who knows when that will actually be. (When they have stock and are taking order orders then it means something.)

    That said I still think all signs point to a January 25th release.
    Also, to add to this, you will probably get it faster if you order with P1 when it first comes available. That way you don't have to wait for it to arrive at gadget freeks, then wait again for them to ship it to you. Thanks for the info though!
  10. #1290  
    when you migrate from att to cingular, is there a delay in the process that will cause me to lose my phone an extended period of time.
  11. #1291  
    what is the b2b phone number
  12. #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    when you migrate from att to cingular, is there a delay in the process that will cause me to lose my phone an extended period of time.
    No it is immediate (within 2 hours) but your old phone will work until the new one does..
  13. #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    what is the b2b phone number
    866-429-7222
  14. #1294  
    if cingular even keeps that st00pid price on the data plan...I'm swear...I'm going to kick someone swiftly in the ... I'm just not going to be very happy. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :|
  15. #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    if cingular even keeps that st00pid price on the data plan...I'm swear...I'm going to kick someone swiftly in the ... I'm just not going to be very happy. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :|

    Way to go Tanner.
    I can feel the love....
    and if they (P1), do not release that damn ..,half *** manufactured phone this week ,I will also .....someone in ... nuts... blah blah blah...
  16. #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    Also, to add to this, you will probably get it faster if you order with P1 when it first comes available. That way you don't have to wait for it to arrive at gadget freeks, then wait again for them to ship it to you. Thanks for the info though!
    Perhaps. However, in the past, I have paid a premium and suffered a delay in order not to have to deal with those slease. I expect to do so again.
  17. #1297  
    GSMers,

    After much alarm about the Cingular data plan, I decided to visit 2 of my local Cingular stores. At each store, I presented a unlocked Motorola GSM V600. This really caught them off guard. I enjoyed this a lot. At each store, they didn't quite know what to do. However, I was able to get them to agree to giving me a one-year contract, MediaNet Unlimited @$19.99/mo and a SIM card - for $18.00 total which a migration fee to Cingular from ATT.

    I feel okay now. However, there is still one question remaining. Does the 1)MediaNet plan limit browsing in any way because the phones it is designed for use internet-lite.... 2) can the EDGE data speeds be accessed through the MediaNet service. I think the 100thMonkey will know the answers to these questions.

    Finally, I would like to say to all GSMers. hold on....Cingular may roll out a new data structure specially for PalmOS. I think we should start firing emails to the B2B guys working on commission. They should know that they are going to lose market share in this space if they don't conform and become more competitive. Hmm...T-Mobile, an unbranded Treo 650 and WIFI hotspots might start looking better to some of us.
  18. #1298  
    YES...YES....LOL! That is sooo true. Those of us who live on the bleeding edge just move from one technology to another. It's all interim. HD-DVD, plasma is inferior now because we need HDMI and DVI interfaces on our new big screen LCD, Telematics to talk to my house on its own IP, keypad entry systems, and D-Link 802.11g security cameras with wake-up alert sensors around the perimeter of my house -- triggered to stream video to my Treo between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. if anybody breaches the perimeter. Oops, there goes the UPS man dropping off another package on the porch. False alarm, but it's cool technology to have in your hands.

    I bleed for the best gadgets. That is why I want a Treo 650. My soliloquy..... Thanks for the big laugh, cglaguna.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Aren't all of them interim phones
  19. #1299  
    I was reading in another thread about Sprint's Vision data plan being $15.00/mo, but I swear....in the SF area it seems slow to me. I have never owned a Treo 600 on Sprint, but no less than 12 of my friends who have them -- all have Sprint. Without fail, everytime I have attempted to browse on one of them -- it's slow, slow, nauseating slow. Now I am certain someone will come behind me and say. That's not true. I live in Concord, I live in Berkeley, I live in SF, I live Oakland, I live in blah, blah and it's BLAZING fast. I can only speak subjectively about my experiences in 3 Sprint stores in the Eastbay and using my friends Treos and it is slow.

    Not in a box.
    Not with a fox.
    Not in a house.
    Not with a mouse.
    I would not use Sprint here or there.
    I would not use Sprint anywhere.
    I would not get Sprint's Vision Plan.
    I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
  20. #1300  
    Look at what I have been reduced to waiting for the GSM Treo 650. However, I am having a ball of it. PalmOne, I know you guys are lurking. So send me one of the advanced versions.

Posting Permissions