Page 63 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2657
    I was having problems searching this long thread with the right term but I was wondering if you guys think that the GSM version will contain less 'issues' than what people were reporting thus far with the Sprint Treos. I certainly hope not though. I would love to upgrade to the better screen, bluetooth, and EDGE.

Mike
    I would think the problems would still exsist as just a few months is not enough time to repair many of the issues that came up. However, there will probably be hacks/updates from P1 that would resolve most of them (I hope).
    Well, hope is all good. I really like the T600.. Been great since it was released over a year ago. But I would really LOVE to get that new screen (apps just don't look great at all on the t600 (esp when compared to my sony UX50)). I would also like to pair with my computer, BT headset, and BT GPS. But with all this talk I read on the boards regarding calling from contacts, audio issues, BT issues, memory etc etc... I'm a bit worried. Does PalmOne have a 30 day money back guarantee or something of the sort? Has there been word of how to get ahold of an unlocked version? (ie direct from palm or can we only go through expansys etc?).

Mike
    Depends on the problem I would think. Things like the memory issue, and the sound quality issue will be fixed by a ROM update but that hasn't been announced by P1 so don't count on it being on the GSM version out of the box. On the other hand you'll likely see soonish. (Okay I have no idea what soonish means.) The other problem I've seen has to do with the 'P' key sticking and the unit having to be returned for a replacement when this happens. This seems like a manufacturing issue. Sometimes/often/maybe/from what I've heard the longer something is in production the less defective units come off the line as issues are tweaked and resolved. Don't know how long this process takes but I suppose it's possible P1 (or their manufacture subscontractor HTC) has figured out the issue with 'P' to reduce the number of defective units coming off the line.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I wouldn't trust any of those thin imitation leather (or even real) cases with the belt clip. I used to have one of those and it broke off while hiking. Now I use the Basecamp from Grinder Gear. There are a lot of places that sell it; the link is one of them. The basecamp can be your wallet too; it has pockets. With nothing but a PDA, memory cards, and business cards, it fits very snugly against my waist. It has multiple ways of attachment, clip included, but I run my belt through the high quality straps in the back. The case is lined with scratch-resistant padded cloth. I know it is pricy, but it is really the only way to go if you're going to be rough with it (I rolled over it in my crawspace while working on my water pump, and didn't cause any harm.

Hope this helps!
    http://www.bagpeddler.com/pda-gg.shtml
    http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/.../GRINDERGARMIN

Sorry,
    Those are ugly...
    Nothing aganist you
    There is nothing like an undressed treo.
    yeah, I'm pretty sure it's all gonna be fixed. That's what the delay is all about

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, I wish
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    That is a concern of mine as well. What belt holster do you have/recommend? I guessing it's quite sturdy as not to fall or easily be knocked off of your belt?
    As I said earlier, I am going to order the Piel Frama
    Leather and removable belt clip. I never got around ordering a descent case for the 600, always used that palm side thingy that came with the phone. protects well but hard to get in and out. and ringer covered.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    I was having problems searching this long thread with the right term but I was wondering if you guys think that the GSM version will contain less 'issues' than what people were reporting thus far with the Sprint Treos. I certainly hope not though. I would love to upgrade to the better screen, bluetooth, and EDGE.

Mike
    Every release even back when they were simulataneous the GSM phone has not as many issues as the Sprint. I am sure the bluetooth one will remain and will be surprised if the memory issue is fixed, but, supposedly those types of things are the reason Cingular rejected it so we will see. What I fully expect is the phone as it was a month ago, with an immediate upgrade we will need to perform from Palm's website. I can't imagine they went back and opened boxes, but maybe I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual

Sorry,
    Those are ugly...
    Nothing aganist you
    There is nothing like an undressed treo.
    None taken, I just work outside (naturalist), so that is what I chose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    None taken, I just work outside (naturalist), so that is what I chose.
    Makes sense
    [QUOTE=cglaguna]As I said earlier, I am going to order the Piel Frama
    Leather and removable belt clip. I never got around ordering a descent case for the 600, always used that palm side thingy that came with the phone. protects well but hard to get in and out. and ringer covered.

The Sena case seem pritty interesting, they have one for treo 600 with detachable flip,eventhough i am aganist flip but something like that is really attractive and you have both the options. Unfortunately Sena flip case for 650 does not have a detachable flip.
    Also the location of the flip seems more convinient on Sena , lower end vs upper with Piel Frama.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 01/16/2005 at 11:26 PM.
    The Sena case seem pretty interesting, they have one for treo 600 with detachable flip,eventhough i am aganist flip but something like that is really attractive and you has both options. Unfortunately Sena flip case for 650 does not have a detachable flip.
    Also the location of the flip seems more convinient on Sena , lower end vs upper with Piel Frama.
    Yes you are right the sena case does look interesting. My problem with the Sena case is that I text message and email as a part of my job all the time. I am afraid that flip while I am texting is going to bug. Do you notice that? Also do you have to remove the case to sync and charge?
    I just hope all you gsm folks are not getting all excited, just to see you have the SAME problems that the cdma phones do. There has been no mention of the microphone fix, the memory fix, or having bluetooth work with ANYTHING properly. So far even that is hit and miss. I just hope you don't have a big let down. My guess is nothing has been fixed yet, and you will have the same problems the cdma's do. I hope not!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Yes you are right the sena case does look interesting. My problem with the Sena case is that I text message and email as a part of my job all the time. I am afraid that flip while I am texting is going to bug. Do you notice that? Also do you have to remove the case to sync and charge?

Yes you have to remove treo from Sena case in order to sync.Now the Piel f case with thetop flip will bug you while making calls without BTheadset,whereas Sena will cause problems with texting as you mentioned.
    With BT headset and frequent use of keyboard Piel seems to be a better choice for you
    I hope Sena designs a detachable flip case for 650,that will seal the deal for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    I just hope all you gsm folks are not getting all excited, just to see you have the SAME problems that the cdma phones do. There has been no mention of the microphone fix, the memory fix, or having bluetooth work with ANYTHING properly. So far even that is hit and miss. I just hope you don't have a big let down. My guess is nothing has been fixed yet, and you will have the same problems the cdma's do. I hope not!
    Right on.
    I would hate to have a slow phone as lot of people have complained.
    Not anticipating any fix for the problems with GSM
    We are very fortunate to have the CDMA folks be our ginny pigs. They worked out a lot of the bugs. Their determined to get things patched up has worked to our benefit. To date: PalmOne released the BlueTooth Car Kit, a ROM update will follow soon to address the memory issue. We certainly won't have to wait as long as the CDMAers have been waiting. We have Shadowmite's sound patch for clearer audio. Although GSM tends to be clearer than CDMA anyway. We have the wonderful benefit of choice. We'll be able to buy unbranded/apparently unlocked phones as we seen the GSM version already working on T-Mobile. I surely don't want to be locked into a 2-year agreement with Sprint. I might want to buy a Treo 700 next year. And of course data speeds on the GSM version of the T650 have been increased significantly into the 100+ kps range. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    We are very fortunate to have the CDMA folks be our ginny pigs. They worked out a lot of the bugs. Their determined to get things patched up has worked to our benefit. To date: PalmOne released the BlueTooth Car Kit, a ROM update will follow soon to address the memory issue. We certainly won't have to wait as long as the CDMAers have been waiting. We have Shadowmite's sound patch for clearer audio. Although GSM tends to be clearer than CDMA anyway. We have the wonderful benefit of choice. We'll be able to buy unbranded/apparently unlocked phones as we seen the GSM version already working on T-Mobile. I surely don't want to be locked into a 2-year agreement with Sprint. I might want to buy a Treo 700 next year. And of course data speeds on the GSM version of the T650 have been increased significantly into the 100+ kps range. Cheers!
    Very positive, S38!
    This thread will be over in 7-10 days.
    We are going to need a new whining thread, where all GSMers will give there input.I bet we will have a lot to complain.
    Very positive, S38!
    This thread will be over in 7-10 days.
    We are going to need a new whining thread, where all GSMers will give there input.I bet we will have a lot to complain.
    allow me to begin...

man...they took forever releasing this thing...and it's STILL got issues!
    I already got rid of my Sprint 650... Hoping the GSM model will have some of these bugs worked out, and that Cingular will suck less than Sprint.
    Sigh, thanks everyone for making feel 'better' I think... hehe. "As long as I can return the thing" will be my attitude I guess and I'm not gonna ebay my t600 until I'm happy enough with the t650... I think we did get some positives with NesEm at least! haha!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    I already got rid of my Sprint 650... Hoping the GSM model will have some of these bugs worked out, and that Cingular will suck less than Sprint.
    I will bet more money on the later.