Page 62 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    GSM users, while were are in the final hours. I am ordering "stuff" this week.
    I think I am ordering:
    Piel Frama
    Clear Touch Crystal
    HBH-660 Sony Bluetooth I may also but the Cardo Scala to compare
    Cradle
    Car Charger

What are your opinions and what are you ordering?

Good thought.
    Vaja case for me, hate flip cases
    Would hold BT for now and see if there are any promo offers similar to CDMA T650, chances are remote.
    Extra battery for sure.
    No cradle
    Missing sync.
    Car charger
    2gb sandisk ultra 2 card
    Still have T600 screen protectors will use the same.
    I like your idea of supporting TC,however dan's cellualraccessories on ebay has most stuff for less than half the price.Will think...
    Right....there is still no official announcement. But this says something is coming soon. We get excited about ant's fart in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    taht's where I read from... hmmm...it didn't seem as though anything THAT major or official had happend... I mean, it's exciting...like all of the rest of the rumor going around...even though it's not rumor...whatever. It's nice to see...but it just doesn't seem as though it's really like on my doorstep or something

Anyway, I'm all bl00t00thed out now...

I've got it on the lappy and on the desktop @ werk through a usb thinger.

it appears as though missinsnyc is the only sync program that supports bluet00th? Is this really tru? I was hoping for contacts/calendar/pix/memos to be sync'd via blootooth buuuuuut....hmph... anyone?
    The bluetooth connection could be faster.

But yes, my point is that if you have a computer with a fast internet connection nearby already (bluetooth doesn't reach that far), why on earth use a handheld to do the surfing? Aside from the techogeek reason of doing it because you could, it's really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Is a Bluetooth data connection faster than the connection you could get with a carrier?

I thought you were going to say it seems silly with the availablilty of a real computer to surf the web on that you would choose to surf on your Treo instead.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    What in the world did I miss?
    I must have missed something...I read back to my last few posts...but it seems as though everyone is talking like it's shipped or something?

whoa... one day and everythings changed... what DID i miss?
    You missed one more P1 tease, that's all. These teases are what keeps this thread alive.
    What could possibly be the big problem with the SYNC cradle for the 650? It's not like it's a major piece of engineering? 3 months after the release of the 650 it still doesn't exist (I read somewhere there are like 50,000 on back order from P1 from dealers and distributors).
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    What could possibly be the big problem with the SYNC cradle for the 650? It's not like it's a major piece of engineering? 3 months after the release of the 650 it still doesn't exist (I read somewhere there are like 50,000 on back order from P1 from dealers and distributors).
    Maybe someone at P1 made a mistake the first batch they manufactured had the old 600 connector.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Another great accessory now!!!

Bluetooth keyboard and T650 is a reality!!!

Brighthand
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Good thought.
    Vaja case for me, hate flip cases
    Would hold BT for now and see if there are any promo offers similar to CDMA T650, chances are remote.
    Extra battery for sure.
    No cradle
    Missing sync.
    Car charger
    2gb sandisk ultra 2 card
    Still have T600 screen protectors will use the same.
    I like your idea of supporting TC,however dan's cellualraccessories on ebay has most stuff for less than half the price.Will think...
    I love the look of the Vaja case and would jump on it except for two reasons:
    1. 70% of my usage of my treo is Keyboard related: SMS, Verichat, Chatter, appointments and memos. I am hearing minor complaints of lower key accessability with Vaja. (Definitely the most beautiful)
    2. I use my Treo throughout the day. I don't want it in my pocket, I need it on my belt. I am very active in my job and I am truly afraid I will lean on something and break my screen.

Dan's:
    As I am not a millionaire (except in So Cal Real Estate holdings for some stupid reason, nothing in my hand) I may balance my order with Dan's. I am a bit more apprehensive after reading issues and attitude that they have received from Dan.

100th Monkey - I will be adding that Brighthand keyboard to my wish list, that is very nice.
    Anyone tried an infra-red keyboard with the 650 (it does have IR doesn't it?)? They can be had for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of BT. If it works is there any downside to IR over BT? I have a "Micro Innovations" IR kbd in my closet I bought for my Kyo 7135 for $20 on eBay a while back and never used.
    Anyone tried an infra-red keyboard with the 650 (it does have IR doesn't it?)? They can be had for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of BT. If it works is there any downside to IR over BT? I have a "Micro Innovations" IR kbd in my closet I bought for my Kyo 7135 for $20 on eBay a while back and never used.
    I have not used one with the 650, but I used one with my 180 and my 270. It wasn't terrible but, balancing the phone and getting the ir aligned perfectly was kind of a hassle. Especially if you were doing it in front of a bunch of people. With the 650 maybe it has improved, mine was from Radio Shack and wasn't made specifically for the phone but for all PDA's. Once it ws aligned it worked well. One of the cool features used to be, you could put the phone either horizontally or upside down and the software would flip the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Maybe someone at P1 made a mistake the first batch they manufactured had the old 600 connector.
    they absolutely deserve for that to happen to them! PUNKS!
    My experience just syncin' contacts from the wife's Treo90 to the 600 is dismal @ best w/ IR. grrrrrrr...it's generally just horrible! BLEH!

anyone else able to setup syncing to MSoutlook through blootooth and the palm software? Thanks!
    I love the look of the Vaja case and would jump on it except for two reasons:
    1. 70% of my usage of my treo is Keyboard related: SMS, Verichat, Chatter, appointments and memos. I am hearing minor complaints of lower key accessability with Vaja. (Definitely the most beautiful)
    2. I use my Treo throughout the day. I don't want it in my pocket, I need it on my belt. I am very active in my job and I am truly afraid I will lean on something and break my screen.

Dan's:
    As I am not a millionaire (except in So Cal Real Estate holdings for some stupid reason, nothing in my hand) I may balance my order with Dan's. I am a bit more apprehensive after reading issues and attitude that they have received from Dan.

100th Monkey - I will be adding that Brighthand keyboard to my wish list, that is very nice.
    Agree,
    Case is a personal issue. I keep mine in the chest pocket of scrubs and like to use it instantaneously, somehow i feel that the form factor is lost with flip case,but that's just me.
    So when you receive a call and if you are not using a earphone, you have to hold the phone to your ear with the flip case open and hanging.I find that annoying. I have seen one of my colleague do that with samsung pocket pc phone.
    If you use bluetooth headset , you will have to open the flip case to see who's calling and than turn on BTheadset .
    Vaja cases are slightly on the expensive side approx 125 bucks and a wait time for a month.Also the problem with the lower key.

Hey real estate near laguna beach (cg --laguna) is probably one of the best to have in the country.
    I had good experience with dans store (99.2%) and will go back again.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdan...ar_accessories
    BTW T650 battery 24.99 vs 44 plus at TC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual

Hey real estate near laguna beach (cg --laguna) is probably one of the best to have in the country.
    I had good experience with dans store (99.2%) and will go back again.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdan...ar_accessories
    BTW T650 battery 24.99 vs 44 plus at TC.
    yeah well, i guess I bought at the right time. Now, if I could afford to remodel it (dang, can't win that lottery. )

Thanks for the Dan's info and your other info too.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I use the palmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard ($70) with my Sprint Treo 650, and it works great.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    What does this MissingSync software do that you can't do with the normal sync software?

edit -

Synchronize with iCal
    Synchronize with Address Book
    Synchronize with Microsoft Entourage
    Connect with Bluetooth
    Connect with Wi-Fi / AirPort
    Mount memory cards on the Mac OS X desktop
    Transfer MP3s from iTunes to your handheld
    Import/Export images with iPhoto
    Browse the Web, download email, sync with AvantGo
    SyncMinder™ lets you know it's time to sync
    MemoPad application syncs handheld memos
    SplashPhoto image viewer included

Sounds good, but many why does Palm software always seem so expensive?
    The game prices seem really crazy to me on Palm.
    One of the best features of the Missing Sync software is that it enables you to set up custom profiles to sync as few as one conduit. I do a full sync each morning of all my conduits via USB cable, and during the the day I do several Bluetooth syncs of my Calendar only.

Even though Bluetooth syncs are slower than USB cable syncs, to sync my Calendar via Bluetooth takes only about 35 seconds. So when you're ready to leave the office with your Treo 650, you do a Bluetooth sync of your Calendar function, and when you return you do another sync if you've made any changes to your Calendar.
    Yeah....what could possibly be the issue? I wonder what people are doing to sync. Or do some people have sync cradles?
    It comes with a USB cable .
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Yeah....what could possibly be the issue? I wonder what people are doing to sync. Or do some people have sync cradles?
    I don't want it in my pocket, I need it on my belt. I am very active in my job and I am truly afraid I will lean on something and break my screen.
    That is a concern of mine as well. What belt holster do you have/recommend? I'm guessing it's quite sturdy as not to fall or easily be knocked off of your belt?
    Last edited by MacUser; 01/16/2005 at 10:11 PM.
    I wouldn't trust any of those thin imitation leather (or even real) cases with the belt clip. I used to have one of those and it broke off while hiking. Now I use the Basecamp from Grinder Gear. There are a lot of places that sell it; the link is one of them. The basecamp can be your wallet too; it has pockets. With nothing but a PDA, memory cards, and business cards, it fits very snugly against my waist. It has multiple ways of attachment, clip included, but I run my belt through the high quality straps in the back. The case is lined with scratch-resistant padded cloth. I know it is pricy, but it is really the only way to go if you're going to be rough with it (I rolled over it in my crawspace while working on my water pump, and didn't cause any harm.

Hope this helps!
    http://www.bagpeddler.com/pda-gg.shtml
    http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/.../GRINDERGARMIN