Page 59 of 133 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2657
    Boobookins,

LOL.... I am secretly wishing you are right. Fingers, eyes, toes, lips, arms are all crossed. On the other hand, someone has to be the conscious and keep things in perspective. Because if it is not announced, some will lose hope and defect to the dark side. (Sprint) The Dark Side.....remember. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away.

Vader: "Obi Wan never told you what happen to your father."
    Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "No! I am your father!"
    LUKE: "No, it's not true! It's impossible."
    VADER: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    ....but I do think there is mounting circumstantial evidence which taken individually means nothing but which collectively
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Boobookins,

LOL.... I am secretly wishing you are right. Fingers, eyes, toes, lips, arms are all crossed. On the other hand, someone has to be the conscious and keep things in perspective. Because if it is not announced, some will lose hope and defect to the dark side. (Sprint) The Dark Side.....remember. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away.

Vader: "Obi Wan never told you what happen to your father."
    Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "No! I am your father!"
    LUKE: "No, it's not true! It's impossible."
    VADER: "Search your feelings; you know it to be true."

"
    I just finished watching my re-release DVD set. Empire is still the best of the lot.

And yes, someone should keep reminding everyone else that we know nothing official. Especially if January 26th comes and goes and there is still no phone because if that happens then inevitably there will be some who call P1/Cingular a bunch of liars for missing a date they never announced in the first place. I on the other remain the eternal optimist. Given that I know nothing it's just as easy for me to believe the phone will be hear by month's end as it is for me not to believe it.

As for Sprint customers. I think it's funny that the charging cradle, when it comes out, has power adapters for all these different countries when their Sprint 650 won't work in most of those countries.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    .....Especially if January 26th comes and goes and there is still no phone because if that happens then inevitably there will be some who call P1/Cingular a bunch of liars for missing a date they never announced in the first place......
    I do not expect the phone until March or April. I will not call them liars in any case. Only teases. For that is what they are. I have never liked teases.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I do not expect the phone until March or April. I will not call them liars in any case. Only teases. For that is what they are. I have never liked teases.
    Not buying, if released in march, will wait few months for CDMA T700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Not buying, if released in march, will wait few months for CDMA T700.
    Well, of course, CDMA is their intent. I wrote this in 2003, still believe it to be true. This whole thing is about the battle between CDMA and GSM.
    What did you write in 2003? I would like to read it. Post it.
    Well, of course, CDMA is their intent. I wrote this in 2003, still believe it to be true. This whole thing is about the battle between CDMA and GSM.
    Well, of course, CDMA is their intent.
    Who, in your estimation, is "their"? Sprint? Palm? The Man?

I just like to keep my conspiracy theories straight
    MacUser,

I downloaded MissingSync and ran it last night on my dual 1Ghz G4. What a great program.. Can't wait to use it on my Treo 650 in about a month. Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Who, in your estimation, is "their"? Sprint? Palm? The Man?

I just like to keep my conspiracy theories straight
    I posted this a few days ago. What do you guys think?

I hope I'm not the only one who is bothered by all those posts that emphasis that the new Treo 650 from Cingular will have a 39.99 data plan instead of the current 19.99. Well I did some research and I found the following on this thread.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?t=35829

"The Mediaworks Unlimited Package $19.99 includes unlimited internet, where the $39.99 PDA package includes integrated e-mail run by cingular's servers.

The email service varies based on which pda you have. Wireless Xpress mail for blackberry uses blackberry's server software, whereas Wireless Xpress mail for the SX66 uses a solution from Seven that pushes the mail directly to your Pocket PC and includes exchange services for your contacts so you can wirelessly sync.

They are trying to get all SX66 users to use this service. However, unlike sprint which can effectively enforce this on it's ppc users cingular uses gsm cards that can be switched from phone to phone and they can't necessarily charge one customer one amount and other customers another amount for the same service. This results in some salesmen giving you the mediaworks package and other salespeople giving you the other package. If you think the e-mail is worth it pay an extra 20 bucks a month. It isn't an awful service and will sync your contacts on the fly if you have a hard reset.

The whole open closed browser argument doesn't really fly, because other phones with open browsers aren't charged the extra money like nokia smartphones and mpx220's."

"I cancelled the PDA PACKAGE for $39.99 a month as I don't need their Cingular Express mail. I only have Media Package for $19.99 a month and I can access Internet and I have set up Yahoo Mail in messaging to connect via Media Net or Internet (using wi-fi). Unless one needs their servers I think it's $20.00/month excessive spending."

Now, from what I understand of all this spaghetti drama is that we will get two unlimited data plan options one with Cingular e-mail service for $39.99 and a regular Internet Access service for $19.99. That makes a lot of sense and Iím happy with that.

Finally I can get some good sleep now.

good nite

Al
    Thanks for the clarification. You got more information than most Cingular reps have.
    Good post, Good info.....Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    I posted this a few days ago. What do you guys think?

I hope I'm not the only one who is bothered by all those posts that emphasis that the new Treo 650 from Cingular will have a 39.99 data plan instead of the current 19.99. Well I did some research and I found the following on this thread.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...pic.php?t=35829

"The Mediaworks Unlimited Package $19.99 includes unlimited internet, where the $39.99 PDA package includes integrated e-mail run by cingular's servers.

The email service varies based on which pda you have. Wireless Xpress mail for blackberry uses blackberry's server software, whereas Wireless Xpress mail for the SX66 uses a solution from Seven that pushes the mail directly to your Pocket PC and includes exchange services for your contacts so you can wirelessly sync.

They are trying to get all SX66 users to use this service. However, unlike sprint which can effectively enforce this on it's ppc users cingular uses gsm cards that can be switched from phone to phone and they can't necessarily charge one customer one amount and other customers another amount for the same service. This results in some salesmen giving you the mediaworks package and other salespeople giving you the other package. If you think the e-mail is worth it pay an extra 20 bucks a month. It isn't an awful service and will sync your contacts on the fly if you have a hard reset.

The whole open closed browser argument doesn't really fly, because other phones with open browsers aren't charged the extra money like nokia smartphones and mpx220's."

"I cancelled the PDA PACKAGE for $39.99 a month as I don't need their Cingular Express mail. I only have Media Package for $19.99 a month and I can access Internet and I have set up Yahoo Mail in messaging to connect via Media Net or Internet (using wi-fi). Unless one needs their servers I think it's $20.00/month excessive spending."

Now, from what I understand of all this spaghetti drama is that we will get two unlimited data plan options one with Cingular e-mail service for $39.99 and a regular Internet Access service for $19.99. That makes a lot of sense and Iím happy with that.

Finally I can get some good sleep now.

good nite

Al
    http://www.palmone.com/us/images/hom...gsmgprs_cs.jpg

Gotta mean something good is coming this way.
    Wait until the guys wake up and see this. Great work Jazzi.

whmurray, I know you are not going to like this. But more teasing.....from PalmOne ....www.palm.com/us
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/15/2005 at 01:14 AM.
    Yeah but if you goto Cingulars web site and purchase the T600, you don't get the choice to add MediaWorks for $19.99. They give you two choices for MediaNet, and those I think are not worth it. When the T650 comes out and they don't have a comparable plan to sprint for data, then it looks like I will be going to sprint.

I really need to replace my little treo90 http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    http://www.palmone.com/us/images/hom...gsmgprs_cs.jpg

Gotta mean something good is coming this way.
    Thanks for the info.
    Prediction -Available for purchase in 10 days.
    I just went there and I don't see this at all. How about a specific link?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I did not see that page either. But I saw this link...

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s..._gsmdsheet.pdf
    Hit F5 key or refresh icon on your browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I just went there and I don't see this at all. How about a specific link?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahJohnson
    I did not see that page either. But I saw this link...

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s..._gsmdsheet.pdf
    we could all die soon too
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    die soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    we could all die soon too