Page 58 of 133 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2657
  1. #1141  
    gsm will appear two months after sprint's launch
  2. #1142  
    wh,

    I disagree... I think GSM is on their radar. I think GSM is going to be their largest market because of all of the potential of international sales. And yes, PalmOne is listening (reading) to our dialogue on thread. I am now certain of that. "Hello, PalmOne....!"
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    That assumes a level of clue higher than they evidence in the market place. I suspect that GSM is so far off their radar that they could care less what is said in this thread.
  3. #1143  
    The launch was in October and the first TC member received their CDMA Treo 650 on November 17th '04. Forgive me if my dates are slightly skewed because I am relying on an aged memory. However, I think that's about right. People tend to forget the launch was not PalmOne and Sprint announcing the Treo 650, but PalmOne, Sprint & ATT/Cingular. So your suggestion is not out of line. Only that some sort delay occurred from the Cingular standpoint. We know that from conversations with PalmOne at CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    gsm will appear two months after sprint's launch
  4. #1144  
    My prediction is that eventually the GSM 650 will be release and a bunch of us will purchase it. Then a new wack of bug threads will start, along with some review threads, and some "what are complaining about, this phone is great" threads.

    Seriously I tend to believe the various people who have given us information suggesting an end of January release. I will be disappointed if it's further delayed, but not devastated. I'll be devasted if there's no hockey season again next year, because my beloved Maple Leafs are right on the verge of winning another cup after a long drought.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  5. #1145  
    OK anyone willing to place a Bet on January 18th (This Year!) or will we see the GSM version Before we get to "2000" Posts on this thread....
  6. #1146  
    Observation: I haven't seen Webtoker since the thread merger. I sure hope we are being inclusive of everyone. For the health of the thread, it would not be to our advantage -- now using Webtoker's word "newbies," to discourage or disinterests newbies interested in GSM.

    Since one of the complaints about this thread is that it has over 1000 post. I thought I would compile some of the interesting highlights in post of the last 3 months. GSMers, please add more. This is just a spec...of what was discussed.

    Discussion about advantages of GSM over CDMA
    EDGE versus 1xRTT
    GSM coverage & related
  7. #1147  
    Once again Engadget is reporting based on info from Treocentral. They've got a story about a January 27th release of the Cingular 650 which they attribute back to good old TC.

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000267027439/
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. #1148  
    circular reasoning eh?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  9. #1149  
    I think if we all wish hard enough our wish might just come true.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  10. #1150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I think if we all wish hard enough our wish might just come true.

    got 'er did!

    hey,wait...where's my phone?

    okay, well, now what?
  11. #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Palm1 and all their incognito people who lurk here must be laughing their asses off reading this thread. They must have a scoreboard on their wall checking off which comments are true and which is false.

    I'm glad SOMONE is having fun while the Treo 650 GSM Version is NOT out
  12. #1152  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Once again Engadget is reporting based on info from Treocentral. They've got a story about a January 27th release of the Cingular 650 which they attribute back to good old TC.

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000267027439/
    One website Quoting Information Found on Another Website??? I Guess It MUST Be true then!!!!!


    Just Pushing toward that 2000th Message
  13. #1153  
    Right! .....circular not Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    circular reasoning eh?
  14. #1154  
    Do we have an official announcement yet? I'd say no...the TC article on the front page says, "palmOne recently sent out an email to subscribers of their Health Care Solutions newsletter, in which the Treo 650 for Cingular was featured.

    The email is announcing a "Webinar for Healthcare Providers and Health Systems Management" labeled "The Next Generation of Mobile Healthcare, featuring the Treo 650 Smartphone from palmOne" and is co-sponsored by PatientKeeper and Cingular Wireless.

    The event is on January the 27th.

    It has been rumored that that the Cingular release will be on Wednesday January 26th...

    This could very well be a repacked Roadshow for the healthcare industry.
  15. #1155  
    You are all putting way too much emphasis on this webinar event and any direct confirmation of a Cingular T650 release date. Don't be so sure. Just because there is going to be a marketing forum to the healthcare industry (yes, I am in that industry and was invited to the webinar [and have registered--would love to win a free T650]), does not confirm a release or ship date. We all know that Cingular will release a T650 in the (hopefully) near future. We all have seen photos of the T650 with the Cingular logo. They do not have to release their branded T650 for purposes of the webinar. The webinar promotes solutions that would employ T650s. The Cingular T650 could come out a week or 2 later (or longer). Orders could be accepted at the webinar (in fact, past webinars have been followed by direct marketing pitches for a bundle [Treo plus appropriate apps]), but not ship right away. We will all see...
  16. #1156  
    Precisely!
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    You are all putting way too much emphasis on this webinar event and any direct confirmation of a Cingular T650 release date. Don't be so sure. Just because there is going to be a marketing forum to the healthcare industry (yes, I am in that industry and was invited to the webinar [and have registered--would love to win a free T650]), does not confirm a release or ship date. We all know that Cingular will release a T650 in the (hopefully) near future. We all have seen photos of the T650 with the Cingular logo. They do not have to release their branded T650 for purposes of the webinar. The webinar promotes solutions that would employ T650s. The Cingular T650 could come out a week or 2 later (or longer). Orders could be accepted at the webinar (in fact, past webinars have been followed by direct marketing pitches for a bundle [Treo plus appropriate apps]), but not ship right away. We will all see...
  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    You are all putting way too much emphasis on this webinar event and any direct confirmation of a Cingular T650 release date. Don't be so sure. Just because there is going to be a marketing forum to the healthcare industry (yes, I am in that industry and was invited to the webinar [and have registered--would love to win a free T650]), does not confirm a release or ship date. We all know that Cingular will release a T650 in the (hopefully) near future. We all have seen photos of the T650 with the Cingular logo. They do not have to release their branded T650 for purposes of the webinar. The webinar promotes solutions that would employ T650s. The Cingular T650 could come out a week or 2 later (or longer). Orders could be accepted at the webinar (in fact, past webinars have been followed by direct marketing pitches for a bundle [Treo plus appropriate apps]), but not ship right away. We will all see...
    I agree. That said I still think there's a "pretty good" chance that the 650 MIGHT come out on the 26th. Not based on the webinar, certainly not based on anything Engadge posts that they got from here in the first place. I'm basing my admittedly optimistic hope on some rumours/reports from people who say they spoken with Cingular reps who in turn say that the 26th is the day. One such rumour/report wouldn't necessarily be convincing, but there have been a few different people who have spoken to several different reps. (I'm not including people who just repeat what others have said - people like myself who contribute no new information.)

    I also 100% agree with specimen38 that there has been NO OFFICIAL announcement because I think it's plainly obvious that there hasn't been, but I do think there is mounting circumstantial evidence which taken individually means nothing but which collectively does seem to point towards the fact that we MIGHT, POSSIBLY, MAYBE, FINGERS CROSSED see the 650 on the 26th of this month. I hope. "Krusty is coming. Krusty is coming."
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  18. #1158  
    (Tumble weeds roll by. In the distance a crow caws...)

    Hello, T-Mobile? Anyone?

    (Crickets...)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  19. #1159  
    According to another report (specimen38 speaking with P1 reps at CES actually) the unlocked version will be available from them at the same time as the Cingular release. Just buy an unlocked one from P1 to use with your T-Mobile account. (That's what I'll probably do because I'm waiting for Rogers in Canada and that wait is likely to be longer than the T-Mobile wait, although probably not as long as the wait Verizon customers have ahead of them. Ha!)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  20. #1160  
    Post 22 from here may be of interest. Still nothing official but we can add it to the pile of circumstantial evidence that we'll see this phone by end of January.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=69074&page=2
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers

Posting Permissions