Page 56 of 133 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2657
    Even though tele-sales still says "coming soon" my local Cingular corpporate store told me yesterday when I called that they will be in the warehouse the last week of January and in their store "within 48 hours". Prior to yesterday, they had no specific information when asked. I take it as a good indication that release is close.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJH2
    Um, 2000 posts before first GSM available for purchase?
    Based on P1's track record, would not bet against you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So what's the 800 number for these "B2B reps". I see no B2B number on their website only their regular 800 number.
    1-866-429-7222
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    So what's the 800 number for these "B2B reps". I see no B2B number on their website only their regular 800 number.
    I don't know the number, but try asking Hayswj. I was referring to this post of his:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I agree, BUT i have talked to 6 different reps over the past week at Cingular B2B and they have all confirmed the Jan 26th date. I only ran into one rep that said he had no idea... I think that is pretty good, especially since onthers on this forum have confirmed this date through Cingular B2B... I don't mean to be defensive, but I just want to make sure you know that I'm not just throwing dates out.. I have at least verified it a couple of times..
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Thanks .. I just called (turns out that number covers both the BLUE side (AT&T) and ORANGE (Cingular). I wouldn't have to migrate my 4 lines over to Cingular as when they come in they will for both companies. It also turns out that the B2B number is actually the former AT&T people.

In any case, I spoke with a fellow there and he did confirm the "end of January." However he did say that this was not official but was was told to them by their supervisors because they were getting so many inquiries. The supervisors all told them they are EXPECTING a rollout end of month but it is NOT in the system as yet and is subject to change. He had no clue about the 650 specifically but was aware of it's existence because of all the calls he was getting. He too said he'd call me when they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    1-866-429-7222
    the frikin' reps clearly don't wanna sell me a phone. Oh well.

Everytime I call, they won't even so much as email me when they release the T650! BLEH! Oh well. They also affirmed the end of the month stories that are going around. that was from telesales. Where do they get such creative names anyway?
    i doubt any "fixes" will be streamlined into the gsm phones.

my guess is that just as long as they have a fix ready, they can have the end user installed it if he/she has a problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I did not read all the 1000+ posts, but is there any solid word on release date? If not I found this website in australia that estimates stock to arrive in 19-02-05.

http://pcau.com/l4/USR6500.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by junk13
    Could it not be that "coming soon" is because they had a date set, the problems with the phone surfaced and pushed that date back and in lieu of setting a new date, which might again not be attainable they are releasing it as soon as possible. As soon as they get it fixed to their standards. But reasonably cannot list it that way "We will release it as soon as PalmOne fixes it"
    Could be. In fact, if this were an isolated case, that would be the logical conclusion. However, it isn't an isolated incident. It is a repetition of the 600 introduction. It is about creating uncertainty, not to say fear. It is part of a pattern of prefering CDMA over GSM and Sprint over all other carriers.

Note that even in this thread for GSM die-hards, we have had one person after another bail out and go with Sprint. The more we gnash our teeth, the better they like it.

This is all about the special relationship between P1 and Sprint. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    I did not read all the 1000+ posts, but is there any solid word on release date? If not I found this website in australia that estimates stock to arrive in 19-02-05.

http://pcau.com/l4/USR6500.htm
    No sir. There is no "solid word." There is hearsay, rumor, speculation, and hope but nothing that is remotely reliable. The current speculation is 26-01-2005. However, the evidence for this date is the no better than that for half a dozen other dates that have passed.

Those who know are not talking and those who are talking, including your's truly, do not know.
    wh,

I am not sure what to think of all of this. You are on point. Hayswj gets full props if he's right and I will get in line behind the next GSMer to get my T650. But the adulation and frenzy, not worth it. I have been down this road too many times in the last 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    No sir. There is no "solid word." There is hearsay, rumor, speculation, and hope but nothing that is remotely reliable. The current speculation is 26-01-2005. However, the evidence for this date is the no better than that for half a dozen other dates that have passed.

Those who know are not talking and those who are talking, including your's truly, do not know.
    I posted this under another section but here's what I heard when asking Cingular about having the Treo650, for what it's worth, "I stopped at a Cingular Store while traveling in C. FL this week and the Rep told me that the "exclusive phone deals" usually run 100 days, i.e. the RAZOR is under exclusive for Cingular for 100 days....not sure how accurate that is but I think it would put the 650 GSM/Cig. release toward the end of FEB???"
    I got the same story from a local mall company store last week and posted in this thread somewhere but while it may be true for Cingular's deal with Moto on the Razr it might not be true for Palm's deal with Sprint on the 650 ..... but then again ... it might! That's why "nobody REALLY knows."
    Quote Originally Posted by wdunn
    I posted this under another section but here's what I heard when asking Cingular about having the Treo650, for what it's worth, "I stopped at a Cingular Store while traveling in C. FL this week and the Rep told me that the "exclusive phone deals" usually run 100 days, i.e. the RAZOR is under exclusive for Cingular for 100 days....not sure how accurate that is but I think it would put the 650 GSM/Cig. release toward the end of FEB???"
    That's what my T-Mobile rep also said.
    the "exclusive phone deals" usually run 100 days, i.e. the RAZOR is under exclusive for Cingular for 100 days....not sure how accurate that is but I think it would put the 650 GSM/Cig. release toward the end of FEB???"
    That's downright depressing!
    I'm not saying it's not true, but if the release date is the end of February why are so many of the Cingular B2B reps apparently saying end of January?

Like MisterEd said maybe the 100 day thing is true for Cingular and the Razr but not true for Sprint and the 650. Then again, like MisterEd said I guess we just don't know.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    sorry to all if that info was redundant (MisterEd)...I'm just joining in and this thread is way long...didn't have time to search through it...just another GSM user looking forward to the release date. At this rate, the Tungsten C2 might beat the GSM 650 to market which will really make things really interesting for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I'm not saying it's not true, but if the release date is the end of February why are so many of the Cingular B2B reps apparently saying end of January?
    I do not know that they are. I only that it is widely reported that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Like MisterEd said maybe the 100 day thing is true for Cingular and the Razr but not true for Sprint and the 650. Then again, like MisterEd said I guess we just don't know.
    I have been in the March or April camp for some time. However, when is not the issue. The issue is the lack of candor. Note that there is no secrecy about Motorola Razr/Cingular. If there is a legitimate contract, why not simply say so. Why tolerate, not to say encourage, all this speculation? We are adults here, we can delay gratification. However, from the rumors about the 600, P1 has leaked like a sieve and committed nothing.

Nothing counts except product in someone else's hands. Nothing else has any value.
    There is no way that P1 can drag this longer. 3rd party vendors for enterprise software traveled with P1 across the country to show their partnership and sell thier "solutions". They gave us up to 5 phones at a heavily discount price to do trials of enterprise solutions. My third party vendor has been chomping at the bit to get into our company, and can't, why, because Cingular has refused to release. Our Sprint phones have arrived, we are waiting for our Vienna channel GSM phones. Initially the phone was supposed to release right before Xmas, straight from the vendor that also works closely with Cingular Business Division. They gave us the date, then, Cingular rejected the phone.

My 3rd party vendor, called today after 3 weeks to tell me the phone was releasing at the end of the month, he got the information straight from his Cingular Business manager. This is the first date they would reveal after the rejection. I firmly believe it will release before the end of the month.
    Aside from the lack of information coming from them (P1) do you think it has been THEM delaying the release? If they give a product to the carrier and the carrier sends it back for updates, how can it be their fault? I can't imagine them holding it back without reason just for the fun of watching people get angry. I think the carriers are the cause of the delay AT THS POINT.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    There is no way that P1 can drag this longer.