Page 55 of 133 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2657
    Go ahead, yuck it up... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I would try calling some of those numbers because I promised myself that I would get MORE obessive and frantic and frenzied about the 650, but I'm Canada and on top the long distance I just don't see Cingular taking me seriously when I live in another country.
    I was laughing at the Furniture Mart address when I saw it. No harm or foul meant... But did the Cingular reps have strong southern accents. Hallo Singalur, (Hello Cingular), gimme a moment to chek the catalogs. I mean the kumputer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well I'll be the obsessive person here...

I called and...... NO BODY has it or has any idea about it....

P.S. the Furniture Mart does have a Cingular Rep. in it.. like the little booths for Verizon in Wal-Mart.
    I am beyond frustrated. ATT would not have done busniness this way. I have talked with 5 different cs reps today all said different things.
    Rep #1 stated wont carry it at all.
    Rep#2 stated no Idea when
    Rep #3 stated not till mid 2005
    Rep #4 stated couple weeks
    Rep #5 stated not till mid feb sometime.

WHO IN THE H*LL even knows. I am about to purchase either the Razr or the mpx220 and forget about the treo.

Cingular is definately not getting off on the right foot
    Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    I am beyond frustrated. ATT would not have done busniness this way. I have talked with 5 different cs reps today all said different things.

WHO IN THE H*LL even knows. I am about to purchase either the Razr or the mpx220 and forget about the treo.

Rep#2 is at least honest. Or is he? Given your poll I bet most reps know nothing but a lot of them feel a need to say something other than I don't know. Did you call regular reps or B2B reps? Seems, and this happened with the Sprint release IIRC, that B2B guys get different memo's than other people. Cingular may be expecting much general demand for the 650 so they've only bothered updating their B2B on latest release info. Just speculating.

As for getting a Razr, while I think it's totally cool (I tried talking my wife into getting one so I could play it,) it's not really a comparable device. It's a phone, not a PDA phone. You'd be limited to T9 input. Just entering a web url would get annoying, forget about using email extensively.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I love the RAZR, but it's drastically over priced for what it is.
    That said: I came really really really close to buying one. It was out of stuck and my "urge of the moment" passed before they got more in.
    Thanks Khart214. This is my point exactly. A TC members speaks to one rep like Rep #4 and then a frenzy begins.

Hey Driven01,

I looked at that phone really close. And decided that the only great about that phone is that it is thin and cool looking. As for features, it can be easily matched feature by feature with other phones. The Treo 650 has so much more to offer. I have my bets hedged on the novelty of thin will wearing off really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    I love the RAZR, but it's drastically over priced for what it is.
    That said: I came really really really close to buying one. It was out of stuck and my "urge of the moment" passed before they got more in.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I picked this little Mac up and thought how I could get one in my office where we run Windows entirely. It would be such space saver. Futhermoremore, you dony have to be as attentive as you might be w/ a laptop.
    I want a desktop server application so that I can just drop it into my LAN and use it as an application and file server.

Why are you letting $7 an hour employees upset you. Many much more reliable, better paid Cingular employees have reported to us, the end of January. Cingular has never reported a date publically, why are they off on the wrong foot? All the other speculation was very early on based on when Cingular received the phone and no official dates were ever released, some of us had dates based on Cingular's receiving of the phone. Cingular, thank god, takes a new phone puts it through it's own internal trials and did not like what they saw, and sent it back to P1. You think Sprint is enjoying it barrage of calls regarding all of the issues with the 650? Bluetooth, sound quality, syncing, Versamail, reseting, stuck buttons...

We all know there are issues with the phone. My favorite Cingular rep tells me that Treo issues account for more of therir share of customer issues, as it is. They want to make sure that phone is not a headache for it's customers, which number far above us TC techno geeks who would rather have the phone with issues that without. Why is Cingular obligated to tell you when it is going to release the phone? They have not even advertised it yet. I spoke to my local $7rep and he told me that they always get an email shortly before a release, and he expects one soon.

As far as ATT goes, good riddance, I lost a pot o gold on that stock, a company which has never been successful at wireless.
    Thanks Khart214. This is my point exactly. A TC members speaks to one rep like Rep #4 and then a frenzy begins.
    I agree, BUT i have talked to 6 different reps over the past week at Cingular B2B and they have all confirmed the Jan 26th date. I only ran into one rep that said he had no idea... I think that is pretty good, especially since onthers on this forum have confirmed this date through Cingular B2B... I don't mean to be defensive, but I just want to make sure you know that I'm not just throwing dates out.. I have at least verified it a couple of times..
    Okay...that's fair. My bad... I did not know you had talked to 6 reps. Were the reps in different offices?
    I agree, BUT i have talked to 6 different reps over the past week at Cingular B2B and they have all confirmed the Jan 26th date. I only ran into one rep that said he had no idea... I think that is pretty good, especially since onthers on this forum have confirmed this date through Cingular B2B... I don't mean to be defensive, but I just want to make sure you know that I'm not just throwing dates out.. I have at least verified it a couple of times..
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/13/2005 at 02:39 PM.
    The only reason I say cingular is off on the wrong foot is because they know there is a considerably high demand for this phone. You could call att at any time and the rep would gladly email you a calendar of release dates for future phones.

You can call one cingular rep and he shows in the system "coming soon". Then you talk to the next rep and he tells you he doesnt even think they will carry the phone. Thats crap, two totally different answers. That becomes frustrating.

my wife in eager to get an extra line for herself, but i cant do that until they release this phone.

I am eagerly waiting for this phone, but the suspense is killing me.
    Could it not be that "coming soon" is because they had a date set, the problems with the phone surfaced and pushed that date back and in lieu of setting a new date, which might again not be attainable they are releasing it as soon as possible. As soon as they get it fixed to their standards. But reasonably cannot list it that way "We will release it as soon as PalmOne fixes it"
    If it does come out at the end of the month I can't see any way they could have addressed the problems found during the Sprint release. There's no way that they could have fixed all the problems, called back all the existing phones, reflashed or whatever they need to do to them, repackage them and then reship them. Since Sprint released on around ~11/17 (it's only been 8 WEEKS) and it took some time to discover/admit to the issues inherent with the device I can't see how they could fix the problems this quick.

Either the 1/27 release date will pass just like all the others
    OR
    They will ship a buggy model at the end of the month.

I still think it will be the first.
    Okay...that's fair. My bad... I did not know you had talked to 6 reps. Where the reps in different offices?
    They were all from the B2B.. So I can't tell if it was the same office or not, but Regular CS and Stores still have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    If it does come out at the end of the month I can't see any way they could have addressed the problems found during the Sprint release. There's no way that they could have fixed all the problems, called back all the existing phones, reflashed or whatever they need to do to them, repackage them and then reship them. Since Sprint released on around ~11/17 (it's only been 8 WEEKS) and it took some time to discover/admit to the issues inherent with the device I can't see how they could fix the problems this quick.

Either the 1/27 release date will pass just like all the others
    OR
    They will ship a buggy model at the end of the month.

I still think it will be the first.
    Well from my other sources there were Treo 650 in the warehouse in Memphis since Dec... Another poster stated that their contact said that their were shipments planned to the warehouse for Jan 21st.. Which would mean that maybe they fixed the issues and shipped out new ones and at the same time shipped the others back for flashing and repackaging... So the ones you get are new, not reflashed, repackaged treos.... I don't know.. I just want the phone... I hope jan 26th is the date...
    If THIS ARTICLE is true then I doubt the "Memphis warehouse" rumor is correct nor would the "we fixed 'em and are ready to ship" rumor be correct either. I hope you're right, but being the eternal pessimist that I am I think it's all a lot of hokum.
    Well from my other sources there were Treo 650 in the warehouse in Memphis since Dec...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    If THIS ARTICLE is true then I doubt the "Memphis warehouse" rumor is correct nor would the "we fixed 'em and are ready to ship" rumor be correct either. I hope you're right, but being the eternal pessimist that I am I think it's all a lot of hokum.
    It's possible (I'm not a manufacturing engineer so I don't know for sure) that P1's manufacturer runs one line for GSM and one line for CDMA and therefore the capacity issues effects the 650 availability for other CDMA (Verizon) carriers only. On the other hand it may be the same line and you simply put part a (GSM radio) into phone versus part b (CDMA radio) into phone during assembly. Even if that's the case, the article you're referring to came out when the phone first launched on Sprint. It now being a new year the article may not be relevant anymore so I'll trust the newer info (6 Cingular B2B reps with the same story) over the older info, but that's just the eternal optimist in me.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    So what's the 800 number for these "B2B reps". I see no B2B number on their website only their regular 800 number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    (6 Cingular B2B reps with the same story)
    Um, 2000 posts before first GSM available for purchase?