Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2657
  1.    #1001  
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2- Post #1000 !!!!!!!!!

    (simulating the New Year Countdown)

    Thanks for letting me post # 1000 guys!!!

    Happy Post #1000 "I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me" thread to all GSM'ers !!!

    -TJ
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  2. #1002  
    ok, now after the #1000 mark, where's my treo?
  3. #1003  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    are there any gsm providers in the US that support BenQ? also, when will news of the Treo 700 start to come around? just wondering
    Unless some gsm carrier is given a (temporary) exclusivity, then, by definition, it will be "unlocked" and all gsm carriers will "support" it. That is the definition of GSM.
  4. #1004  
    MacUser, I am happy to do it. But was is Mark/Space?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Hey, head over to Mark/Space and find out when they will be updating their software for:
    a. the 650, if necessary b. Mac OS 10.4--hopefully they have had a developers kit and slip some interesting info to you.
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    However, I would think that the target audience for the iPhone would not want a keyboard-based phone.
    Part of me has the same concern. I have both a PC and Mac and am a loooong-time Apple loyalist, but my sense is that the iPhone will be more an iPod with phone functionality, which would be pretty sweet for a lot of people, but I'm looking for more of a Newton with phone functionality.

    (Ahhh, if only Apple hadn't been burned on the Newton and would come back and show all these other clowns what a PDA should be. Not saying the Newton is it, but I am saying Apple is really good at design and if them put their creative little brains to the task I'm sure they would dazzle.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Perhaps. But I am finding more reasons to help justify it. For example, I get 20% more minutes than my T-Mo plan plus roll-over. Cingular also has "Voice Connect" voice activated dialing.
    I have just cruised my 1929 country stone house from attic to cellar. I am happy to report that Cingular really does "raise the bar." I got a usable signal everywhere.

    On the basis that local coverage trumps everything else, as soon as this snow is over, I will change from T-Mo to Cingular. I will not sign a long-term contract. May make the 650 more attractive.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    Dethman, Lets Bee friends....

    Is the current rumor/expectation here still that cingular/P1 announce and (possibly) deliver in January?

    Busyman
    Over at Hofo a couple of people say they called their B2B and were told January 26th release. In the "I will wait for GSM" monster thread it's reported that P1 said they would sell unlocked GSM version as soon as unspecified carrier was ready to release. So I don't think it's completely crazy to hope for an end of January availability.

    Anyone who deals with Cingular B2B feel like calling them to try and confirm any of this? (I'm in Canada so I don't think I'd get taken very seriously if I called.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2- Post #1000 !!!!!!!!!

    (simulating the New Year Countdown)

    Thanks for letting me post # 1000 guys!!!

    Happy Post #1000 "I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me" thread to all GSM'ers !!!

    -TJ
    Well We made It , Not sure if thats a "Good" thing Just hope We don't see 2000 before the First " I Got Mine " Shows Up...
  9. #1009  
    The following is a post by Hayswj regarding his B2B contacts. Just supposing there are Treo 650s available on January 25 or 26th. What does that mean for the rest of us who do not have business accounts? Don't the rest of us regular guys (people) we still have to wait until February 2005? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...B2B#post515350
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Well I just got off the phone with Cingular B2B... AND...... They said something different then the normal we have no idea... This guy said "Actually we do have some information for you, they will be available Jan 25 or 26th. Would you like me to take your name so I can call you when they come in...." I called back to verify it with another rep. and he said the same thing.... My original information was that there was going to be a Treo 650 announcement today Jan 5th, and a release the 20th from my sources before (the25 or 26th is pretty close)... So maybe this is the info that everyone is looking for.. Of course it is still a wait and see what happens......
  10. eugarps's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Well We made It , Not sure if thats a "Good" thing Just hope We don't see 2000 before the First " I Got Mine " Shows Up...
    Here, here.
    Best,

    Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
  11. #1011  
    Woo hoo! The BIG 1K




    http://img137.exs.cx/img137/7461/fireworksbig15jr.gif






    er, uh, these are SUPPOSED to be fireworks not mud splotches on the wall.

    Edit: very weird. The picture and the link disappeared. Oh well ... imagine fireworks. I think the hosting website is down.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 01/11/2005 at 05:11 PM.
  12. #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimzo
    Benq is a quad band phone...
    i was meaning to ask, which cellular companies will be offering BenQ P50? Also, I was just wondering, does the 650 support picture caller id? I dont want to go through hundreds of pages of resposes. thanks
    Last edited by Thunder God; 01/11/2005 at 03:23 PM.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13.    #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Part of me has the same concern. I have both a PC and Mac and am a loooong-time Apple loyalist, but my sense is that the iPhone will be more an iPod with phone functionality, which would be pretty sweet for a lot of people, but I'm looking for more of a Newton with phone functionality.

    (Ahhh, if only Apple hadn't been burned on the Newton and would come back and show all these other clowns what a PDA should be. Not saying the Newton is it, but I am saying Apple is really good at design and if them put their creative little brains to the task I'm sure they would dazzle.)
    Haha, I actually remember the Newton... god I'm old.

    After thinking a little more, I really doubt that the iPhone would be the ultimate Treo 650 killer because it would most likely lack the keyboard. I love Mac's industrial design so I'm always curious as to what's up their sleeves.
    Last edited by techjunkie; 01/11/2005 at 03:37 PM.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  14. #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    The following is a post by Hayswj regarding his B2B contacts. Just supposing there are Treo 650s available on January 25 or 26th. What does that mean for the rest of us who do not have business accounts? Don't the rest of us regular guys (people) we still have to wait until February 2005? http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...B2B#post515350
    No you don't have to have a business account to buy through the Business to business office.. It is the office for businesses to get large quantity, but it is also the side of Cingular that get the more business oriented equipment... All you have to do is call the number and if it is available they will send it out.. Now if you go to a few of the stores that handle Business contracts (call your local store to find the nearest one) they can also request a phone to be sent to the store usually overnight if they are in the warehouse.. Either way you are going to want to get in on the deal quick.. i have a feeling they will sell out quick and you may be waiting for a extra couple of weeks for the next shipment..
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    No you don't have to have a business account to buy through the Business to business office.. It is the office for businesses to get large quantity, but it is also the side of Cingular that get the more business oriented equipment... All you have to do is call the number and if it is available they will send it out.. Now if you go to a few of the stores that handle Business contracts (call your local store to find the nearest one) they can also request a phone to be sent to the store usually overnight if they are in the warehouse.. Either way you are going to want to get in on the deal quick.. i have a feeling they will sell out quick and you may be waiting for a extra couple of weeks for the next shipment..
    The Business department of cellular providers usually don't offer rebates, no? That's the impression I got anyway. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  16. #1016  
    that they don't have any idea when its going to be released.
  17. #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    that they don't have any idea when its going to be released.
    I was the one who started the message in the other GSM thread, and posted it on HoFo... And I have reconfirmed it today again with two seperate representatives.. So I don't know who you talked to, but they have confirmed that the memo they received last week says it will be Jan 25th or 26th.. I don't want to hear anybody yelling at me... I'm just passing on the information I received.. Its not a guess it is confirmed information from several (more than 6 different reps) from Cingular... Take it for what it is worth... I just want the phone....
  18. #1019  
    We covered this ground before. The January 5th and 26th release dates were discussed and here we are going in circles. This is one of the problems with having two concurrent threads. CONFUSION! I am referring to HOFO and TC. As a footnote I am referencing HOFO MOFO and Boobookins comments. (see below) Understandingly, there are other inferences to be made between that "I Will Wait For GSM, Who Is With Me?" and the sublime Lastest 650...

    For Anyone having a question about the release Treo 650, perhaps the following will help. This is an excerpt from last week's CES:

    CES was great and I have a different perspective about PalmOne as a company (of people).

    Now I know by now you have probably read some of other reports from CES by other TC members. I was actually reading some while I was at the show. So I decided to take a different angle as it occured to me from talking to the first 2 PalmOne staff that they read TreoCentral and as one put it "on a regular basis."

    So I decided to extend my question about their reading TreoCentral to up to 6 PalmOne staff and one PalmSource staff. The consensus was that they all read it. I asked the Director of Product Marketing was he aware of our beloved thread, " I Will Wait For GSM, Who's With Me?" and he smiled and nodded yes. Then the question was turned to back to me and of my username in the thread, which I did not disclose then, but if they read this post they will now know who I am. Two PalmOne staff persons said some of the negative and complaining make reading it difficult. I gathered they have knowledge that they can't comment on or correct in the thread, so that's what makes it difficult. I asked about The Muffin Man and if he was he an insider. Lots of grins and jokes from another manager. Overall, it was plainly stated to me from PalmOne staff that they listen to TreoCentral members and they learn a lot. It was said, on ocassion someone posts a really good idea and PalmOne seeks the person out to eloborate on it.

    So while I had the Director of Product Marketing in front of me I asked him the big question. When can we expect the GSM version of the Treo 650? He said, in the next 1 to 2 months. He clearly [EDIT] wanted to be non-committal to an exact date, but the 2 months was the absolute maximum if unless something else significant transacts to delay it. He then said, "it will be soon and you will see everything then." The "you will see everything then" was explicitly something he could not say about why there is a delay. I proceeded in asking 4-5 other staff in the booth about the GSM release date and they all had the same story. One guy on staff -- winked at me and said more like a month. Also, I learned that the GSM (non-Cingular version) will be released at he same time. Another manager told me plainly that they did not want offend their carrier customers by releasing the Palm branded GSM Treo earlier. One of the guys at the booth was using a GSM version on T-Mobile. He said it worked great. He said, there were no problems, but it doesn't have EDGE.

    In the end, I gathered that the PalmOne employees are people first and that they really want to listen to their customers and do good delivering a killer product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Over at Hofo a couple of people say they called their B2B and were told January 26th release. In the "I will wait for GSM" monster thread it's reported that P1 said they would sell unlocked GSM version as soon as unspecified carrier was ready to release. So I don't think it's completely crazy to hope for an end of January availability.

    Anyone who deals with Cingular B2B feel like calling them to try and confirm any of this? (I'm in Canada so I don't think I'd get taken very seriously if I called.)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    dont trust us hofo people...you people at treocentral know it all and then some..
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/11/2005 at 10:04 PM.
  19. #1020  
    if you don't want anyone to yell at you later, then you may try presenting your information in a less certain fashion. I agree you are retelling what you have been told; however, maybe it is because you like the rest of us, want to believe that time frame.

    Maybe if you presented it like, "I've spoken to a couple of reps that told me the same dates. I don't know for sure, but it sure would be nice." less authoratative and more flexible on your part
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey

Posting Permissions