Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by kirson
    Thanks for the great post! Can you share a little more information about the BenQ P50? I must admit that I find it very interesting. The recently released images look pretty nice, the specs seem strong, and I like to think that the last 12 months have been spent getting rid of bugs One of the things I care about most is the keyboard. You reported that it reminded you of the T600. Can you elaborate? How does it feel? Good tactile response? Are the keys positioned well? Is there backilighting? Just curious...

Thanks!
    Ian
    are there any gsm providers in the US that support BenQ? also, when will news of the Treo 700 start to come around? just wondering
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Looking forward to the 650? Remember to make sure you have an up-to-date SIM card or you will be waiting to use your new toy (after you get it in your hands) until you get one from your GSM provider! If you have a 32k, you'd better be getting a 64k. Cingular switches them without cost if they are your provider. I heard from a Cingular rep that the new cards actually have different programming to allow better coverage. I didn't believe her until I changed... She was right!

This may be old news, but I wanted everyone to be prepared. It would stink if you got it in your hands on Jan 26 (crossing fingers) or earlier, and not be able to use it right away.

Blue skies
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    are there any gsm providers in the US that support BenQ? also, when will news of the Treo 700 start to come around? just wondering
    Benq is a quad band phone...
    They will all support Benq if you get one that's unlocked.

As for the Treo 700, my B2B rep says it's in testing and should be out before Thanksgiving. He says they will also be giving free upgrades to anyone who purchased a Treo 650 (doesn't matter where they got it, it could even be off eBay). My B2B rep also said it would be avalable in 9 colors including clear! How cool. It will have a removeable antenna that converts into a stylus and will flash colors to match the color of the Treo 700 you choose. Furthermore my B2B rep said it will have a biometric/medium keyboard (but that's supposed to be a secret so I'd have to kill you if I told you what that was). My B2B rep is cool. He's never wrong. Oh, he also said the 650 should be out sometime before the 700 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    My rep told me the same thing, but added it will have 2GB of memory. But because of an unrecoverable glitch, only 12MB is available for software. They are working on the problem.
    Looking forward to the 650? Remember to make sure you have an up-to-date SIM card or you will be waiting to use your new toy (after you get it in your hands) until you get one from your GSM provider! If you have a 32k, you'd better be getting a 64k. Cingular switches them without cost if they are your provider. I heard from a Cingular rep that the new cards actually have different programming to allow better coverage. I didn't believe her until I changed... She was right!
    What if you buy a Cingular branded phone and use a T-mobile sim card...will it work on T-mo or do you need to upgrade the sim to 64k? Does T-mo even have a 64k sim to upgrade to? It would suck if those of us on T-mo would have to wait for an unbranded version to come out because Cingular 650's require this upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Anybody opposed to letting TechJunkie have post #1000?
    Hope he hasn't bought a sprint T650by now.
    Figured I would start another thread to collect info on the release of the GSM 650. The other threads have gotten pretty far off-topic. I know everything is rumor at this point but lets post what we have heard here. This will help with any newbies coming to the site without having to read through a 1000 post long thread :-)
    GSMers,

Webtoker has started a new GSM Treo 650 thread for newbies. Hmm.. Did someone offend him/her or not answer a question he/she posted here? What are his/her newbie questions? Did he/she ever pose any questions? Do we not have advanced search tools to look up topics in this thread? Did he/she read the CES/Roadshow reports as reported here about GSM release date? Did he/she read the on-going debates about WHY Cingular was not releasing the T650? Do we not have a US GSM thread? No harm, no foul....
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Figured I would start another thread to collect info on the release of the GSM 650. The other threads have gotten pretty far off-topic. I know everything is rumor at this point but lets post what we have heard here. This will help with any newbies coming to the site without having to read through a 1000 post long thread :-)
    Did Webtoker ever read the Forum Guidlines For Posting? -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64440
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/11/2005 at 12:55 AM.
    why not, after 1000 posts, they would no longer be noobs....
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Everytime I see a new thread on the GSM release I get excited. Excited for nothing! From now on this only GSM thread I'm checking. (Well, probably not, and yes, I admitt I just wanted a post in the last 10 countdown to a 1000.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    What if you buy a Cingular branded phone and use a T-mobile sim card...will it work on T-mo or do you need to upgrade the sim to 64k? Does T-mo even have a 64k sim to upgrade to? It would suck if those of us on T-mo would have to wait for an unbranded version to come out because Cingular 650's require this upgrade.
    In order to use a Cingular branded phone on T-Mo, the phone must be unlocked. If the phone is unlocked and you put any T-Mo SIM in it, it will work.

I had a SIM in my Treo 270 that was so old that it was delaminating. I was using it with T-Mo but I had gotten it from a company that T-Mo had acquired. One day I got a message from T-Mo offering to replace my SIM. I accepted. They sent me a new SIM along with a little machine to copy the personalization from my old SIM and initialize the new one with the same information. I assume that the new one is 64K and that the old one was 32K.

When I got my unlocked Treo 600 GSM, it had Cingular software in it. I put my T-Mo SIM in it, both voice and data worked immediately. Yesterday I put a Cingular SIM in and both voice and data worked immediately.

Welcome to the wonderful world of GSM.
    Perhaps we've waited long enough for TechJunkie. New threads are emerging. On with the discussion. I am going to the MacWorld Expo in San Francisco, which starts today after Steve's Keynote. I will be looking for PalmOne. I am not sure they are coming though. The used to have a booth there. Also, I DO NOT think any sort of GSM announcement will come out of MacWorld. I would be "Super-Sized" surprised if there any new developments in light of what was disclosed last week. The super-sized things was corny.
    Addendum:

While at MacWorld, if any one would like me to look at some product or ask a question of a particular vendor, please feel free to post it here. I will do my best track it down for you.
    Addendum:

While at MacWorld, if any one would like me to look at some product or ask a question of a particular vendor, please feel free to post it here. I will do my best track it down for you.
    Hey, head over to Mark/Space and find out when they will be updating their software for:
    a. the 650, if necessary b. Mac OS 10.4--hopefully they have had a developers kit and slip some interesting info to you.
    Dethman, Lets Bee friends....

Is the current rumor/expectation here still that cingular/P1 announce and (possibly) deliver in January?

Busyman
  17.    #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Hope he hasn't bought a sprint T650by now.
    Hahaha... I'm still (im)patiently waiting. I never thought that I have enough patience to wait, but I'm still here. I have deadlines at work so sorry if I have been casually lurking in and out.

<With tears in eyes> You guys are way too kind. If my post happens to be 1000, so be it. Thanks again for making this the best Treo 650 GSM thread ever!

-TJ
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  18.    #998  
    Addendum:

Yes... spread any ... and I emphasize "any" rumor on the Mac iPhone! I have not heard of any spec on the iPhone.

I just would hate to buy a Treo 650 and iPhone trumps it a few months later.

However, I would think that the target audience for the iPhone would not want a keyboard-based phone.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Yes, it's 100% definate that they may or may not deliver the 650 in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    Dethman, Lets Bee friends....

Is the current rumor/expectation here still that cingular/P1 announce and (possibly) deliver in January?

Busyman
  20.    #1000  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Everytime I see a new thread on the GSM release I get excited. Excited for nothing! From now on this only GSM thread I'm checking. (Well, probably not, and yes, I admitt I just wanted a post in the last 10 countdown to a 1000.)
    hahahahaahahhahaha...

I rate as many threads as I can. If you rate the other GSM thread (as long as they are not that useful) to a 2 or less star rating, I won't read them. This should filter out a bunch of other GSM threads.

I agree this is by far the best GSM thread. Thanks to everyone!

-TJ