Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
    Interesting, looks like about 80% of where there is any data coverage at all there is EDGE and close to 100% in most of the civilized areas of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Cingular edge Map, I am guesing including ATT
    http://www.cingular.com/download/GPR...rage_01_06.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    T-Mobile is almost as good as Verizon in my area in regards to reception. I wish Sprint was as good.
    Consumer Reports ranks Verizon first; "T-Mobile was ranked second, followed by Sprint and AT&T Wireless. Carriers with fewer than 150 respondents in a city weren't ranked. The companies were judged by freedom from dead spots, dropped calls, static and busy circuits, as reported by customers."
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Consumer Reports ranks Verizon first; "T-Mobile was ranked second, followed by Sprint and AT&T Wireless. Carriers with fewer than 150 respondents in a city weren't ranked. The companies were judged by freedom from dead spots, dropped calls, static and busy circuits, as reported by customers."
    i just dont understand how they come up with this figures? My friend on Verizon can never hear me when I call. When we are together, his phone wither does not work or it is on analog? Sprint just sucks---
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    T-Mobile is almost as good as Verizon in my area in regards to reception. I wish Sprint was as good.
    On the other hand, Cingular has excellent EDGE coverage and six months to a year jump on T-Mo. That is almost enough to overcome a decade of loyalty to T-Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Interesting, looks like about 80% of where there is any data coverage at all there is EDGE and close to 100% in most of the civilized areas of the country.

Only if you think Montana, Dakota's, Nebraska,Wyoming,NewMexico, Kansas large areas of Nevada, Colorado are inhabited by uncivilized .
    This sort of thinking caused major problems for a party in recent elections.
    I understand electricity is just reaching them so they too will have data coverage soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Only if you think Montana, Dakota's, Nebraska,Wyoming,NewMexico, Kansas large areas of Nevada, Colorado are inhabited by uncivilized .
    This sort of thinking caused major problems for a party in recent elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Not that your are wrong, but I take everything Consumer Reports says with a grain of salt. But carrier happines is very regional, obviously by the carrier wars that happen here. People should check out them all and their friends with the service and make the decision. Verizon used to be number one here in The OC, but I bet since the merger Cing/Att has taken over. CATT meets my needs the best, and best customer service I have ever experieinced. I have a T-mobile account in non-use now just paying monthly cuz I want to port the number someday, its a cool number and the number I am using now is a bit risque for my age and profession. When I was young, I thought it was cool.
    I don't think that customer perception is a very good basis to judge a carrier's netowrk. Perceptions are the result of a lot of things that have nothing to do with the customer's actual personal experience (which is often limited to an area much smaller than that market). Benchmarking is the best way to do it, that is why cellular companies pay to have their netowrks benchmarked against their competitors. Customer perception has value, but it doesn't prove who is better, just how good the customers think their carrier is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I understand electricity is just reaching them so they too will have data coverage soon.
    According to your definition,
    i became uncivilized 2 years ago and will remain so for few years . Before AT&T and cingular merger,my city was outside the map.I need to inquire how it is now.
    Trustme this place has had electricity for years.
    cglaguna,

Give us the digits. We need a laugh in here. We promise not to call. You can even delete it later.
    I have a T-mobile account in non-use now just paying monthly cuz I want to port the number someday, its a cool number and the number I am using now is a bit risque for my age and profession. When I was young, I thought it was cool.
    My guess is that it ends in: (XXX) XXX-X007
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I don't think that customer perception is a very good basis to judge a carrier's netowrk. Perceptions are the result of a lot of things that have nothing to do with the customer's actual personal experience (which is often limited to an area much smaller than that market). Benchmarking is the best way to do it, that is why cellular companies pay to have their netowrks benchmarked against their competitors. Customer perception has value, but it doesn't prove who is better, just how good the customers think their carrier is.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    cglaguna,

Give us the digits. We need a laugh in here. We promise not to call. You can even delete it later.My guess is that it ends in: (XXX) XXX-X007
    (XXX)XXX-6969
    laughing really hard out loud!
    (XXX)XXX-6969
    Yeah, I always torture the Sales people until they find me a descent number, even with land lines. All i asked for was something easy to remember. I wasn't really looking for something quite that "blunt" but figured that it would be easy to remember. I was much younger and single when I got it.
    I got xxx-xxx-0123!
    my number minus the area code is a loop. u start at a number and end at the same number.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  17. RH1
    What's wrong with 007? I'm xxx-xxx-0078!
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Been lurking here for a while (mainly for the 650 info...which is great btw), but I had to jump in on this. I used to have xxx-xxx-amir (my first name). Super easy to remember, but I had to give it up when I moved from the city I was living in .
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Consumer opinion is a big part of any business... I don't see why ti wouldn't be part of a cell phone company.. The opinion of the users as far a customer service, how thier calls sound, dropped calls, coverage.. These are the things that are going to cause them to either praise or chastise a carrier to friends and others, which determine how well thier stock does. Benchmarking is great on paper, but in practice it is quite different...
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    ...I held and played with the BenQ P50. It's okay. Reminds of the Treo 600. Especially the keyboard. The touch screen dial pad is smaller than the Treo 650 and for that matter the 600. Seems like they wastes screen space with the arrangement of the on screen keypad. It's sexy, but not as sexy as the 650. [EDIT] It made me think BenQ has committed a lot of resources to copying the popular Treo 600 form factor and keyboard unaware that PalmOne would release the Treo 650 with a new keyboard...
    Thanks for the great post! Can you share a little more information about the BenQ P50? I must admit that I find it very interesting. The recently released images look pretty nice, the specs seem strong, and I like to think that the last 12 months have been spent getting rid of bugs One of the things I care about most is the keyboard. You reported that it reminded you of the T600. Can you elaborate? How does it feel? Good tactile response? Are the keys positioned well? Is there backilighting? Just curious...

Thanks!
    Ian