Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
    As my Grandmother used to say: "Oy Vey." This whole discussion is going round and round. But it is fun while bideing our time waiting. Helpermonkey hit the nail right on the head with his post. No other argument makes more sense then his.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Perhaps. However, I would argue that it is self evident to regular participants here that P1 cannot be relied upon.
    While I hate having to wait for a device I really want, the unanticipated positive side effect of having to wait for the GSM T650 is that it has given many of us time to do a bit more research on the best device to get.

I keep going back and forth between the SX66 and the T650. Not uncommon, I think. I am coming from the Blackberry side of the universe. I loved my 7230 because email was amazing, and the keyboard was the best. I switched to the 7100t because I wanted a better screen and a better phone. I got those, but lost my perfect keyboard. So, the only thing keeping me on a Blackberry is email -- and I get the feeling that I can replicate reliable push email connectivity on both the SX66 and the T650. So, I want to move over to a device that has a much better OS, PIM, productivity suite, etc.

So, I have taken all this waiting time to learn more about other smart phone options. And, I guess, that is a good thing in the end. I really do like a good keyboard though...what to do...what to do...thank you P1 for giving me more time to do more research!
    I would Be willing to bet that we will surpass 1000 messages on here way before the first GSM is shipped....
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I would Be willing to bet that we will surpass 1000 messages on here way before the first GSM is shipped....
    I truly fear your wager is a heavy favorite
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    You're probably right now that I read this kinda rumor...

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2366

Before the end of February!?! Errrrrrrr!!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Okay, February will really suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Tell us how you feel about April.
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    You're probably right now that I read this kinda rumor...

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2366

Before the end of February!?! Errrrrrrr!!

I really don't think I can wait till the end of February; I might go out now and buy the 600 for $299
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Tell us how you feel about April.
    Just Keepin My fingers crossed for 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Hayswj,

You seem like a cool person. The props comment is not referring to you. It's referring to those persons who hastily rush to create a new threads, "GSM Treo 650 Announced" ... "It's Official", etc..... There are some people who want an edge so to speak...perhaps "one-up-man-ship" thinking. However, in my case, I am trying to respect the TC forum rules and post good information and comments inside appropriate forums. When I am wrong about something or have a bad source, I say to my fellow thread members "I was wrong. My sources were bad." It doesn't take anything from me. I think that's courteous and respectful -- and fosters a great environment for information exchange. You may not agree, but that is the way I see the world.

Now...regarding your post yesterday. I read it and I am certain others did also. Please forgive me if I am skeptical about embracing another date and building my hopes up. I too want this phone badly, but I don't think it's fair to contribute to the frenzy. So a couple of weeks back I decided not to feel anxious because it will come when it comes....
    Well if this is referring to me as the initiator of the "Cingular Announces 650 release date" or whatever is was called. I did apologize both in this thread and in the original thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=65
    Teh Cingular release date was set, as verified by more than just me. I had very good information and all I can tell you it has to do with the number of issues that Cingular experieinced during their in house trials with the 650, which cingular always does. I was right on on the Siemens SX66, it ws not my fault that the phone failed Cingular's in house testing. And again, when it was delayed, it apologized without any prodding.

By the way I do have a new date, and have had one. I just am not going to be caught with my foot in my mouth again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego
    ....By the way I do have a new date, and have had one. I just am not going to be caught with my foot in my mouth again.
    Tease.
    Why not? Everyone else has. Enquiring minds want to know.
    By the way I do have a new date, and have had one. I just am not going to be caught with my foot in my mouth again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    I really don't think I can wait till the end of February; I might go out now and buy the 600 for $299
    Well have you sen the 650? I would say it is much nicer than the 600. For my money would wait. Now with yuor money I can't say. If you wanted to get a 600 then a 650 later, that would work, but my having a new phone has never been that important to me.
    You could tell us the new date, with the understanding that it's not a perfect world and things are always subject to change. I don't think any /reasonable/ person would hold it against you if the new date slipped. And I know I for one would love a new target date to get excited about.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    A very good idea and a good price. Much lower risk.
    Come on, be a pal, give us the date! We all have to keep each other entertained anyway until it happens. What do you have to lose?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    And they rip off Buzz, the Georgia tech mascot

Compare:

http://www.mobilebee.com
    to
    http://www.gatech.edu/icpa/toolbox/p...rademarks.html
    You're right. That looks like a copyright infringement. Its not nice to do that to 'ol Buzz. I wonder if when I walk down the street, somone will mistake me for a mobilebee customer rather than a GA Tech fan.

I saw Buzz at the hoop game tonight.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    The Motorola V710 on Verizon was THE worst, bar none and the Kyocera 7135 also on Verizon was a close second (only because it was in less demand then the 710). All the absurd speculation dragged on for months with everyone and his brother quoting one person or another "who knew".
    Nope, nope, nope.
    I think P1 is actually pretty good with their release.
    The all time worst company for releases is Samsung. The i500 smartphone took over a year, and they have announce the replacements and never release them. Because of this, I will never buy a Samsung device again.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by kirson

I keep going back and forth between the SX66 and the T650.
    Since Oct I have switched from a CDMA Treo600 to a GSM iMAte PDA2K (the unbranded SX66), back to a GSM Treo600 on Cingular. I did not care for the PDA2K. The phone integration and one handed operation of the Treo are far superior.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Ben Q 50 will be out in february according to info from CES
    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smart...800-029039.php