Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    Helper Monkey....

We know you don't know release dates. And we have had our share of Best Buy managers, and retail people vying for the glorious "insider" spotlight of Treo 650 informaton disclosures. If you are an insider, post or PM some "cred" -- we'll keep it under? Tell us something no one else could say, but a "THEY".
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    Hofo member "I have a Phone" is saying over in the Cingular forum at the end of January. He is a Cingular insider and has been on the money several times in the past.
    Sorry, but can someone tell me what HoFo is?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Helper Monkey....

We know you don't know release dates. And we have had our share of Best Buy managers, and retail people vying for the glorious "insider" spotlight of Treo 650 informaton disclosures. If you are an insider, post or PM some "cred" -- we'll keep it under? Tell us something no one else could say, but a "THEY".
    I sent you a PM... you could have just sent me one too...
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Sorry, but can someone tell me what HoFo is?
    I believe HoFo is howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    There's a cingular rebate on amazon I never noticed before. If you look at the 600 there is a rebate that lists SX66, 600, and 650, expiring jan 31st. So i guess at some point they though it was gonna be out by then.

sorry if this is old news
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I believe HoFo is howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/
    Thank you, I found it by google too. I thought it was a section on this forum at first as I am new to the mobile phone forums world
    Just another data point to add to the confusion... I was at Reagan airport in DC on the 2nd and stopped by the pa1mOne store. The salesperson said, with sincere conviction, that the Cingular/ATT 650 would be released in "two weeks" and the carriers would unlock it upon request... Don't flame me--just relaying what I was told.

I played with a Sprint 650 for quite awhile waiting for my flight--it was da** sweet. I took a couple snaps and beamed them to my 600. They are attached below.

Todd/Indy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tbhausen; 01/04/2005 at 04:08 AM.
    Well it is unlikely a carrier would unlock a phone for you. When they are subsidizing part of the price, why would they do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    I played with a Sprint 650 for quite awhile waiting for my flight--it was da** sweet. I took a couple snaps and beamed them to my 600. They are attached below.

Todd/Indy

the second picture is a little blurry, like you were trying to run out the store with the 650. Hmmm. Were you?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Well it is unlikely a carrier would unlock a phone for you. When they are subsidizing part of the price, why would they do that?

t-mo does it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Like Felipe said T-mobile will unlock the phone upon request of a customer in good standings.. But Cingular send all of their world phones out-of-the-box unlocked. I just bought a phone for my wife last night the SE z500a and it was unlocked. A friends t-mobile sim worked just fine. From my friends that work at Cingular they say that since the new SE is unlocked there is no reason why the Treo 650 will not be unlocked also.

FWIW. I was just on Cingular's site and they have lowered the price of the Treo 600 down to $299.99. I would guess to get rid of units before the Treo 650 launches... So hopefully it will come within 2 weeks.. I'm dying for this thing...

ALSO I was at Palm1's site and they have reduced their Treo 600 unlocked from $599 to $479... Sounds like everyone is getting rid of the Treo 600 GSM....
    Last edited by Hayswj; 01/04/2005 at 10:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    FWIW. I was just on Cingular's site and they have lowered the price of the Treo 600 down to $299.99. I would guess to get rid of units before the Treo 650 launches... So hopefully it will come within 2 weeks.. I'm dying for this thing...
    Your right, lets hope that it will be coming soon.
    These guys have the unlocked one estimated "6 days"... I've been following up on their site and in the past few days it showed "estimate -4 / -5... days", today it changed to "6" (without the "-")...

http://www.mobilebee.com/PhoneDetailsID403.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    These guys have the unlocked one estimated "6 days"... I've been following up on their site and in the past few days it showed "estimate -4 / -5... days", today it changed to "6" (without the "-")...

Holy Frijoles!!! $900!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970

I just contacted that company and they said that "They hope to have the phone by Monday. That is what PalmOne has promised them. They said that if they don't have the phone they will have information either Friday or Monday about the release date"

Man this is killing me..
    I just called them also, they told me one or two days and the price was 249.99 but then the guy realized i was talking about the 650 and was so confused that he put me on hold for 20 minutes than said oh one or two days and the price is 849.99
    glad to see there is finally some certainty about the release of this phone
    Is your "" because you think they're F-O-S or because you believe what they say? P1 hasn't announced it yet on their website, CING hasn't announced it yet on their website (and "they" say it's still in testing) .... but these folks will have it have it in 1-2 days for $900 unlocked because P1 "promised it to them". I vote to add it to all the other "knowlegable information" we've been getting (but I REALLY HOPE they're right ).

Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    I just called them also, they told me one or two days and the price was 249.99 but then the guy realized i was talking about the 650 and was so confused that he put me on hold for 20 minutes than said oh one or two days and the price is 849.99
    glad to see there is finally some certainty about the release of this phone
    This has to go down as one of the worst product launches ever.
    And they rip off Buzz, the Georgia tech mascot

Compare:

http://www.mobilebee.com
    to
    http://www.gatech.edu/icpa/toolbox/p...rademarks.html
    The Motorola V710 on Verizon was THE worst, bar none and the Kyocera 7135 also on Verizon was a close second (only because it was in less demand then the 710). All the absurd speculation dragged on for months with everyone and his brother quoting one person or another "who knew".
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    This has to go down as one of the worst product launches ever.