Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 2657
  1. #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Thunder,

    I love Sony for their leadership and invention in tube television technology. The Trinitron was a major breakthrough in the 1970s for CRT/Tube television technology. So superior was Trinitron technology that it became the standard for broadcast monitors used in studios everywhere. In fact, it still is! However, Sony missed the boat so to speak on plasma and Fujitsu has taken a strong position. However, Fujitsu does have the "marketing might" that Sony, Pioneer and Panasonic have. By the way, Panasonic does make a very good plasma at a great price. But it's not the best stuff. If I were buying a 43" plasma today, I would probably settle on the Elite Pro 910 HD. Don't go into sticker shock over the MSRP, it probably about half that or less at your local high end electronics store.
    the elite looks nice but I think I am going to go for the fijutsu. the picture just looks perfect on their monitors.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  2. #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ren
    Ok guy, I need some mental support here. I'm getting reeeeaalllll close to cracking and picking up a CDMA 650 from Sprint.....319.99 is such a good deal..... Anyone have any incklings at a possible release date? I've heard January 7th and Mid-March!(YIKES!) in the same thread at mtdn...

    Anyone that works at Cingular/ATT that might have some inside info?? Anything?

    HELP
    if you are getting close to cracking and need gsm, go with the siemens unit, the 66, but try and wait if you can
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  3. #703  
    OT! Shouldn't this discussion be in the "TV and Home Entertainment" section ? Sorry, this thread is just for whining about not having a 650 GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    the elite looks nice but I think I am going to go for the fijutsu. the picture just looks perfect on their monitors.
  4. #704  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    OT! Shouldn't this discussion be in the "TV and Home Entertainment" section ? Sorry, this thread is just for whining about not having a 650 GSM!
    i dont really have anything new to say about the 650 except i want one and i am sick of the waiting game
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  5. #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i dont really have anything new to say about the 650 except i want one and i am sick of the waiting game
    same with me
  6. #706  
    I just received my Sprint 650 from Amazon.com today, faster than I expected. It came with the battery already charged and man is it sweet! I'm dying to activate it but I'm going to wait to use up my Tmobile minutes and also see if any compelling gsm announcements are made in the next few days.

    The screen rez and the overall speed of the 650 are incredible. I don't know how long I can wait to activate it...
  7. #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I REALLY hope so too .... but I think they are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be released bugz 'n' all for when P1/Sprint says it's OK. If they're still testing them right NOW we won't see them till March because they will have a whole lot of boxes to open, reflash and repack.
    They ARE still testing them.
  8. #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    OT! Shouldn't this discussion be in the "TV and Home Entertainment" section ? Sorry, this thread is just for whining about not having a 650 GSM!
    If you don't like it why do you go back to the sarcastic forum.
    Mike
  9. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #709  
    I am hearing March 1st as the date, anyone else?
  10. #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Voice and data at the same time? Do you know of any phones that actually can do that? I know it is in the specs... but I haven't ever seen anything that could do it.
    Not until WCDMA, not on this model.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    Hofo member "I have a Phone" is saying over in the Cingular forum at the end of January. He is a Cingular insider and has been on the money several times in the past.

    yup, IHAP is reliable
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  11. #711  
    And you know that for a fact? Based on what 3rd party hearsay "can't be wrong inside information" did that come from? If that is indeed the case there's no way we'll see them until the Spring. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I know no reason why your information should be considered any more accurate (or inaccurate) then the 50 other theories that have popped up here over the last 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    They ARE still testing them.
  12. #712  
    I thought I was in it. It was a JOKE, that's why the "". Geez .... lighten up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    If you don't like it why do you go back to the sarcastic forum.
  13. #713  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor
    I am hearing March 1st as the date, anyone else?
    Still Keeping My fingers crossed for "2005"
  14. #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    And you know that for a fact? Based on what 3rd party hearsay "can't be wrong inside information" did that come from? If that is indeed the case there's no way we'll see them until the Spring. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I know no reason why your information should be considered any more accurate (or inaccurate) then the 50 other theories that have popped up here over the last 2 months.
    MisterEd - yes I do know it for a fact.

    You don't have to consider my info any more accurate, I am even new to this forum with no record, but you could call me a THEY...
  15. #715  
    You aren't related to "The Muffin Man" are you? No, not the one from Drury Lane. I always hear so much about you all over the net. Interesting and Welcome. It must be because today is the only "odd day" (1/3/5) of the century. "They" are all coming out of thw woodwork. It would have been funny as he11 if you used "They" as your username. Then I could really have said "They" said .... and meant it!

    On a serious note, does TESTING mean they (sorry) fixed all the known existing bugs that showed up in the Sprint release, reflashed and are now in final testing or are we in for a long haul.

    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    MisterEd - yes I do know it for a fact.

    You don't have to consider my info any more accurate, I am even new to this forum with no record, but you could call me a THEY...
  16. #716  
    Hmmm, a deeply hidden secret hint?
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    well I think Cingular is doing a better job Beta testing our phones than them perhaps. I hope you all find it worth the wait.
  17. #717  
    It's worth a lot. Thanks.....I don't think of these things until the last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, the Stevenote at the upcoming MWSF is on Tuesday 1/11 @ 9 am


    http://www.macworldexpo.com/live/20/.../news/CC603513
    Envy is setting in. Have a good time!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaronbrass
    And I'll be there live with a full media pass. Coverage can be found on my .mac homepage: http://homepage.mac.com/jlbrass. Pics, video and the podcast.
  18. #718  
    Thank you for the welcome.

    I can't tell you how long of a haul you are in for, unfortunately, that is another THEY that has the ability to make that decision. I do know that the other THEY have been testing these phones for some time now, and that there have been several updates to the Treo 650 GSM software, at least on the Cingular network. I also can't tell you all the bugs on the Sprint network have been worked out, I just found this forum, so was only aware of bugs I have seen myself before. It may sound dissapointing to you to hear that the software is, or at least has been, changing still, but at least it is good from the point of view that hopefully there will be a better product waiting for the customer.
  19. #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Hmmm, a deeply hidden secret hint?
  20. #720  
    the TREO Store @ Valley Fair = PalmOne .........However, I bet they are talking about talking retail distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    To add to the rumor mill, the Treo store at Valley Fair mall in San Jose, California is now saying two weeks for the gsm Treo (maybe). As of yesterday, they have a waiting list of 50.

Posting Permissions