Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
    S38. THe P50 won't be out until the summer. That info came out last fall. BenQ is even worse than P1 when it comes to releasing handsets. THey have a UIQ handset called the P30 that took over 18 months from initial leaks to actual release. P50 will be released long after our beloved GSM 650
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    All,

The next big question is whether this thread will pass 1,000 replies before the GSM Treo 650 is released.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    And how was this verified? Did they see the boxes themselves? If so, send a picture and I'll be convinced, otherwise I don't believe this at all.
    This was by checking internal inventory at warehouses, and by calling a manager at the warehouse to see if they could get any released. Where my contact was told that they had them, but weren't allowed to release them until after the first of the year when they are officially released. I was then told a week later by a manager at our largest Business to business store that the announcement should be Jan 5th with a Jan 20th release date.. Hey I'm just going by what I've heard.. I hope this is right as much as anybody else.. I've been dying for this phone.. I bought the blackberry 7100t hoping to have a nice phone, and an disappointed at the product... Take this with a grain of salt, just passing on the info I am getting..
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I read a number of posts on another forum about how Cingular does not cover any of their highest priced phones with their insurance. The Treo 650 will not be covered, nor is the 600. Since the 650 will probably cost $600 (mayber $500) from Cingular when it comes out I would rather just buy something better, and unlocked, from overseas...for the same price! Its not like I'd be missing out on the insurance coverage...

There are ALOT of cool smartphones coming out and the Treo has them beat in many respects, I kinda miss some WM features that the Treos don't offer...
    Cingular already has the sku and price for the Treo 650.. It is going to be $550 no contract or $450 with 2 year contract.
    Makes sense and seems to have been the general consensus since the beginning based on the alleged Sprint exclusivity deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    I was then told a week later by a manager at our largest Business to business store that the announcement should be Jan 5th with a Jan 20th release date.. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Makes sense and seems to have been the general consensus since the beginning based on the alleged Sprint exclusivity deal.
    Does it really make sense to announce the phone and not release it for another 2 weeks? We all know it's coming, so why the wait after they announce?
    GSMers,

Let's not get ourselves in a "tissy" again because it's January. If Jan 5th comes and goes without a word from PalmOne, we'll all be frustrated again. I'll be at CES in Vegas looking at all of the new electronic goodies on the Jan 6th. I plan to visit the PalmOne booth and I will ask questions. If they can't give us a direct, definitive, and decisive answer about a release date at the CES (World's Biggest Electronics Show) then need I say more. It's probably a wash for January. And this thread passes 1000 posts and 45,000 views. I will post my findings Thursday evening.

Anyone else going to CES?
    Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    All,

The next big question is whether this thread will pass 1,000 replies before the GSM Treo 650 is released.
    BTW,

MisterED, I like your new avatar. The animation on the other had become choppy on my PC.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Cingular already has the sku and price for the Treo 650.. It is going to be $550 no contract or $450 with 2 year contract.
    I really hope you are right, that will mean I will get the 650 for under $200.
    I certainly hope you are right, I want the GSM released also. Any specific reason you were disappointed in the 7100t? I've thought about it but haven't had a chance to look at one.

Anyone here used a GSM device with EDGE yet? I'm wondering what kind of speeds you got on it. I really prefer the GSM/SIM card type of devices so you can change devices on your account when you want to, but I've been really pleased with the data speeds on Sprint. It's easily 3x what I was seeing with T-Mobile on the Treo 600.

This was by checking internal inventory at warehouses, and by calling a manager at the warehouse to see if they could get any released. Where my contact was told that they had them, but weren't allowed to release them until after the first of the year when they are officially released. I was then told a week later by a manager at our largest Business to business store that the announcement should be Jan 5th with a Jan 20th release date.. Hey I'm just going by what I've heard.. I hope this is right as much as anybody else.. I've been dying for this phone.. I bought the blackberry 7100t hoping to have a nice phone, and an disappointed at the product... Take this with a grain of salt, just passing on the info I am getting..
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a Nokia 6620 and get anywhere from 60-200K depending on "conditions."
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Anyone here used a GSM device with EDGE yet? I'm wondering what kind of speeds you got on it.
    The "general consensus" I was referring to was January timeframe and not the 2 weeks earlier announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Does it really make sense to announce the phone and not release it for another 2 weeks? We all know it's coming, so why the wait after they announce?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    The "general consensus" I was referring to was January timeframe and not the 2 weeks earlier announcement.
    I hope so!!! Mister Ed, you make me hungry...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    GSMers,

Let's not get ourselves in a "tissy" again because it's January. If Jan 5th comes and goes without a word from PalmOne, we'll all be frustrated again. I'll be at CES in Vegas looking at all of the new electronic goodies on the Jan 6th. I plan to visit the PalmOne booth and I will ask questions. If they can't give us a direct, definitive, and decisive answer about a release date at the CES (World's Biggest Electronics Show) then need I say more. It's probably a wash for January. And this thread passes 1000 posts and 45,000 views. I will post my findings Thursday evening.

Anyone else going to CES?
    Great,
    Don't forget the LCD TV info.
    LCDs...My first priority. I hope Sharp has something to offer in the Aquos line between its currently availbable 45 inch and the new 65 inch model. I would like to exchange my 57 inch. The DVI and HDMI inteface really the most appealing aspect of the Aquos. Second priority....replacing old Sony EVW 300 camcorder with Canon XL2. Third priority....to look at DLink Wifi security cameras 802.11g then I will look at Treo 650. Also, going to the MacWorld Expo starting after CES. As you can see, I am happy this time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Great,
    Don't forget the LCD TV info.
    LCDs...My first priority. I hope Sharp has something to offer in the Aquos line between its currently availbable 45 inch and the new 65 inch model. I would like to exchange my 57 inch. The DVI and HDMI inteface really the most appealing aspect of the Aquos. Second priority....replacing old Sony EVW 300 camcorder with Canon XL2. Third priority....to look at DLink Wifi security cameras 802.11g then I will look at Treo 650. Also, going to the MacWorld Expo starting after CES. As you can see, I am happy this time of year.
    i was looking at a fijutsu plasma 40 inch...any opinions?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Thunder,

By all means the get Fujitsu 40 inch. It's going to be a great TV as I will state below. But give a look at the comparable LCDs.

As you probably know, Fujitsu is the inventor of plama television and they have the most R & D $$$$ in plasma technology followed secondly Pioneer electronics. Plasma television is in its 8th or 9th generation with the release of the lastest TVs. You can't go wrong with Fujitsu and Pioneer since they have been the leaders all the way in quality. Plasmas are generally brighter than LCDs with wider viewing angles. After numerous generations of refinements to increase consumer confidence about dead pixels, video noise, displaced phosphorus and phosphorus stain, Fujitsu has basically solved the big problems. Their manufacturing technique has been perfected and it's a great product. The price of a Plasma per/inch is less expensive than an comparable LCD. It is my humble opinion that the lastest in plasma picture quality developments has brought us to the beginning of enhancements on LCD picture quality. The best plasmas are equal in quality to new high end LCDs. However, you have to look at each of these units feature by feature. Especially interfaces and the type of integrated technology. Some TVs are just monitors without ability to receive or process certain types of video signals. The highest signal standard for a television is a monitor with the microprocessing power to produce a 1080p picture on a screen with resolution of 1920 x 1080 -- using HDMI or DVI interfacing. There are not any broadcasters sending HD content at 1080p*, but it won't be long. I have been a Pioneer Elite fan for many years, but Sharp Aquos caught might attention because it processes at 1080p and has both of the interfaces I mentioned. Sorry for being so verbose in writing.

Knowing that you are a Treo 650 lover, I know you will be demanding in the type of electronics you outfit yourself with.

Edit:
    *1080p = the "p" stands for progressive scan. 1080i stands for interlace, which is 50% inferior to "p". I am warning you in case you see a TV boosting the "i" standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i was looking at a fijutsu plasma 40 inch...any opinions?
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/01/2005 at 02:32 PM.

Intresting projects,
    Any news on G5 powerbook.
    I need to upgrade my dying ol G4 powerbook.

Sorry for people who think we are going off topic here. Life is tough with so much of a wait for a damn... SMARTPHONE.
    I've been reading this board for awhile looking for info on the GSM models, but I finally succumbed. I'm a T-Mobile customer w/ treo 270 and I decided to make the switch to Sprint CDMA. I can't imagine waiting another 6 months or more and then paying full price for the 650. T-Mobile is just too caught up with the Sidekick and their PocketPC phones and I don't think the Treo is a priority for them.

I bought the $369 (w/ rebate) deal on Amazon and I'm going to port my number. Free two-day shipping so I get it by this Tuesday. I tried to wait...but I just couldn't help myself.
    I'll be on the look out for the G5 powerbook. I don't know what Apple has up its sleave. Here are some of the links that speculate on what they might be doing.http://www.macosrumors.com/122104D.php

This second site is what I use to cross-check my MacInfo.http://www.macrumors.com/ PalmOne used to come to this show, but they stopped a coming a couple of years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Intresting projects,
    Any news on G5 powerbook.
    I need to upgrade my dying ol G4 powerbook.

Sorry for people who think we are going off topic here. Life is tough with so much of a wait for a damn... SMARTPHONE.