Page 29 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Perhaps. But you will not like it.

that does not sound good to my ears
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Mtreosexual,

Then the answer is no... I haven't seen that one in person yet. It has 007 charm from the outside. It would be nice to see it in person. Have seen the Ben Q P50 ? It sexy..check out this pic
    Specimen 38,
    Ben q is not available for next 6 months.
    The form factor is there hope they don't screwup on things like memory .
    GSM 650 -Essentially no credible info about release. Speculations about Jan but no confirmation
    Time to concentrate on some other gadget.
    Researching about LCD TV's currently.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    that does not sound good to my ears
    I said you would not like it. Welcome to P1 where only Sprint users hear what they like.
    I talked to Ken @ T-mobile PDA dept today. He said he had to ask Andre B. Then he sent me a SMS, "guestimating first half 2005 to have Treo 650.. according to Andre B." That's all I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctant
    I talked to Ken @ T-mobile PDA dept today. He said he had to ask Andre B. Then he sent me a SMS, "guestimating first half 2005 to have Treo 650.. according to Andre B." That's all I got.
    Sorry, you are dealing with P1. When dealing with P1, this month really means next, and first half means second half. There went March. Anyone want to bet on 2006?
    Don't be in too much of a hurry my gsm friends. The phone has so many flaws right now, you would not be happy. Between the memory issue, the voice quality issue, etc etc. I am personally waiting to even get my cdma from sprint! I will stick with my 600 for the time being.
    Mtreosexual,

One word about LCDs: Aquos by Sharp........ "It has HDMI and DVI interfacing/1920 x 1080 resolution." When you compare it, they leave the other LCDs in the dust feature by feature. Lots of extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Specimen 38,
    Ben q is not available for next 6 months.
    The form factor is there hope they don't screwup on things like memory .
    GSM 650 -Essentially no credible info about release. Speculations about Jan but no confirmation
    Time to concentrate on some other gadget.
    Researching about LCD TV's currently.......
    For those of you who do not know The Muffin Man. Here is a quote and link respectively talking about the Colbalt OS, "I told you guys -- nothing till after the first of the year (2005 that is). That came directly from my gastrointerologist's palmOne source."
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    He's been found:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58886
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/23/2004 at 09:09 AM.
    I am speculating that the recent price drop $319.00 in the T650 might be an incentive to customers and mean a revised T650b version might be in the works.
    Mtreosexual,

One word about LCDs: Aquos by Sharp........ "It has HDMI and DVI interfacing/1920 x 1080 resolution." When you compare it, they leave the other LCDs in the dust feature by feature. Lots of extras.
    Agreed.
    For those of you who do not know The Muffin Man. Here is a quote and link respectively talking about the Colbalt OS, "I told you guys -- nothing till after the first of the year (2005 that is). That came directly from my gastrointerologist's palmOne source."
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58886
    Gastroenterologists are never wrong.
    (Gastroenterologist's opinion)
    "We do colonoscopies for living"....
    Mtreosexual,

I worked with the Aquos at my work, it was the sweatest TV that I worked on out of any plasma, CRT, or LCD tv. Every day I tried thinking of a way to sneak one our of my work :-D hehe

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I think 45 inch is the biggest size at present, if i am correct.
    Update from Vienna:

Dear Road Show-er

Thanks again for attending the Treo Mobility Roadshow. This is Joe from palmOne. Iím writing to give you more information on the ďTry a TreoĒ program that you signed up for. I want to highlight what I said at the Roadshow Ė this is not a store, but a program, with some limitations.

First status, followed by the backstory

So where are we Ė

CDMA world: we have hundreds of Sprint units right now with Roadshow-ers and 353 Sprint requests remaining in the queue. Iíve put in another order for a few hundred units that released today from the factory. I also got more budget to order more, so thatís in the works. This should help get most CDMA people covered relatively soon.

In the GSM world, no carrier is shipping yet, and Iím trying hard to get all the units I need in the queue to match the launch date of the carriers, but I canít guarantee timings. There are 519 of you in the GSM queue.

The Vienna Website is listing the status of orders so you can check there instead of dropping them an email looking for news.

http://www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents

Backstory Ė Why Donít I have a Treo right away?

When I was planning the Roadshow, I was looking for a way to get Treoís into peopleís hands who attended the event, to let them try it for themselves in a no-risk way, and at the end of that time, instead of sending the unit back to me and the customer off to the Carrier to buy one, keep it at a price that would thank them for taking the time.

It couldnít be a store offer; it had to be a program. I figured out how to stretch my budget by making it work on a queue Ė Iíd order a core set of units and people would get the units based on when they saw the show. When units came back, then the next person in the queue would get it. If they kept it I could reinvest the money and buy more stock.

So when we set out the goals of the Roadshow, we were hoping to get 800 people to join us. Past programs like this have had 20 to 30% of the people take us up on any offer weíve had. So I used those numbers to plan how many Treos I had to buy.

Well dang if we didnít get twice the people and over 60% want to do the offer. You blew out my projections. Iím scrambling to get my hands on a hit product. With a product like the 650, all of the first shipments go to the carrier stores and channels where they can be sold, and programs like mine, programs that arenít money makers for the company, are prioritized a little lower.

Also, believe it or not, a rather large number of people tried to cheat the people who actually attended by getting in the queue, and we have tried to keep the queue to only those who attended. In so doing, we have stepped on some legit orders and Iím sorry to those who did it right and are feeling the screening.

A couple closing thoughts:

Remember, this is a program and not a store.

Iím trying to get you your Treos quickly but have to fight for product

If you decide to keep your Treo itís $349

If you got a used ďTreo to TryĒ, weíll replace it with a new one if you decide to keep it.

The bottom line is that this is my program, and Iím responsible for getting things to you. Vienna is doing the best they can with what Iím able to provide them. I apologize to those of you who are jazzed to get the Treo and frustrated by the supply/demand issues.

Joe
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Good post, 100th....
    Very Good Post .... Not Good News ! But Good Post
    Thanks for the Info
    why does it say only 519 GSM in cue, when my two are 558 and 565?

What is the real deal here?

anybody know for sure? They take forever to answer.

#565 GSM NEW TREO 650
    #558 GSM NEW TREO 650
    Your order number is 565 and 558. Remember, there are people who ordered cdma treo 650's and also treo 600's. They all account for an order on the same system. He is just pointing out that out of all the combined orders of 600's, cdma 650's and gsm 650's, 519 people ordered gsm 650's. My order number is 89X for a gsm 650.
    If Any of You Noticed I Think Most of the reps at the roadshow were Using GSM 650's ... I Believe that Most of the "Delay in GSM carriers accepting the 650" is more than likely due to a real sweetheart deal that P1 has with sprint. I would be willing to bet that the GSM carriers will "decide" to accept the 650 Right after the Christmas Buying season or the 1st of the Year.. Any thoughts?

GSM Order 592
    Originally I would have agreed with you 100% ..... but now with all the "issues" they MAY be calling them back for update before release either on their own or because the carriers rejected them. WORSE case is they are holding them boxed in some warehouse ready to release on Jan 5th in their original buggy condition. Frankly I'd prefer waiting a few more weeks for "deloused" versions especially considering Cingular & AT&T won't insure the suckers beyond factory warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    If Any of You Noticed I Think Most of the reps at the roadshow were Using GSM 650's ... I Believe that Most of the "Delay in GSM carriers accepting the 650" is more than likely due to a real sweetheart deal that P1 has with sprint. I would be willing to bet that the GSM carriers will "decide" to accept the 650 Right after the Christmas Buying season or the 1st of the Year.. Any thoughts?

GSM Order 592