Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    CNET says MPx is here, however they don't mention where to buy from.
    Ebay has a few, but you can not return them.
    Although I hate windowsbased phone/PDA. I would like to play with this one for few weeks and most likely return. That certainly will ease some agony and waiting time for T650.
    I have no idea why P1 would not carry unlocked GSM phones for so long,unless sprint and AT&T struck some sort of a deal.
    We are certainly 5-6months behind CDMA guys.
    Mr Ed,
    This was in reply to the above post,i had posted earlier.
    Talking about real memory issues. Howbout that thing we are all waiting for in this thread?
    Mtreosexual,

Then the answer is no... I haven't seen that one in person yet. It has 007 charm from the outside. It would be nice to see it in person. Have seen the Ben Q P50 ? It sexy..check out this pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    S 38,
    By MPx,
    I meant this bad boy not MPx 220.
    http://a508.g.akamai.net/7/508/787/2...6_MotImage.jpg
    People are saying some neat things about Sx 66.
    Tough times...
    Confirmed today from P1 that the 650 GSM won't be available until end of January, early February at the earliest....

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Feel free to correct me I'm wrong, but I believe SX66 / MDA III / PDA2k are the same phone. There are a lot of threads comparing Treo 650 and it already.
    true, but those were cdma handsets. i guess i should read those because it is essentially the same phone. thanks
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I am personally very pleased to have Sprint doing extensive Beta testing prior to the rollout of GSM in a month.

I mean look: we have DUN patches, voice quality patches, beginning of WiFi, and possible movement on a patch for NVFS. I mean, by the time the GSM model is here, its gonna be NICE!!!
    i am right behind you monkey, but that stupid 66 looks so nice in my dreams!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Confirmed today from P1 that the 650 GSM won't be available until end of January, early February at the earliest....

To be read "End of March."
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT

Just Curious , Whats Your source. I just got off the phone with Palmone HQ. Business sales and they said there is no Projected Release date. Have You got an insider ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Talk about a phone that will have REAL memory problems. REALLY p1ss-poor design by Moto. http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smart...mpx-026819.php
    but the motorola mpx looks good. even if it has memory problems, i would rather sport the mpx on any day!!!
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Probably not an insider. I think they are estimating though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i am right behind you monkey, but that stupid 66 looks so nice in my dreams!

sooooooo true!
    It would be good to hear from The Muffin Man right about now. Muffin is the real deal. Insider extraordinaire....... So if you are listening, break your silence for the GSMers. We seek truth.
    LOL, sounds like a scene from Shrek 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    It would be good to hear from The Muffin Man right about now.
    ....We seek truth.
    Perhaps. But you will not like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray

Give it to us we can handle it!!!
    LOL...I wanted to be dramatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    LOL, sounds like a scene from Shrek 3.
    I was actually thinking of Jack Nicholson telling Tom Cruz in the movie "A Few Good Men"

Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?.......
    LOL...I wanted to be dramatic.
    I was actually thinking of Jack Nicholson telling Tom Cruz in the movie "A Few Good Men"

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?.......
    I was in mind of Jessep too but it seemed too cruel.
    I was in mind of Jessep too but it seemed too cruel.
    Alright Give us the CODE RED
    It would be good to hear from The Muffin Man right about now. Muffin is the real deal. Insider extraordinaire....... So if you are listening, break your silence for the GSMers. We seek truth.
    He's been found:

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/4479/muffin16om.gif
    I'm on Sprint and using a Treo 600. Since I got an unexpected $500 bonus, I'm thinking that it's time to upgrade to the 650. I definitely want the GSM version. Are GSM versions available directly from any of the big carriers? I'm willing to sign a contract to get a discount.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    --Linda
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaracine
    I'm on Sprint and using a Treo 600. Since I got an unexpected $500 bonus, I'm thinking that it's time to upgrade to the 650. I definitely want the GSM version. Are GSM versions available directly from any of the big carriers? I'm willing to sign a contract to get a discount.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    --Linda
    Sorry, Linda. GSM versions are not yet available at all. Consensus seems to be that they will be available first from Cingular, perhaps as early as January, hopefully no later than March. Based on what happened on the 600, days to weeks later, they will start to show up on eBay and through distributors at some premium to list. Should be available from all carriers, with some rebate for contracts, by late 2005. However, on the 600 none of the GSM carriers gave discounts comparable to those from Sprint.

If you are already on Sprint, satisfied with the coverage and customer support, and do not regularly travel overseas, you can have one tomorrow at a good price.

The 650 is not as big a step up from the 600 as the 600 was from the 270 or 300 so it should be a little easier to wait. Patience will be rewarded; the longer you wait, the more options you will have.