Page 27 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 2657
  1. #521  
    That's fine, but....
    I am almost getting tired of waiting for GSM model. Who's With Me?
  2. #522  
  3. #523  
    The photos are definitely the AT&T model, but the manual seems to be generic GSM (at least as far as I could see).

    I sure HOPE this doesn't mean that AT&T is first, but who knows. I have noticed that the only spy photos of the GSM one so far do seem to be the AT&T model.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldan
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    That's fine, but....
    I am almost getting tired of waiting for GSM model. Who's With Me?
    now, i'm waiting until february to get tired of waiting.

    it sucks way much that we gsm users have to wait 3-4 more months (after the cdma release) for this phone.

    and there really is no reason for, it is a gsm phone. palmone can start selling unlock unbranded phones with out any issues.

    Sprint really must have a lock on them, but if this is the case why not just tell us.

    or, palmone really doesn't want to sell these things directly in quantities. they might just want the carriers to take the cost of support calls.

    why cant they just release them to the vc orders? there cant be that many.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    That's fine, but....
    I am almost getting tired of waiting for GSM model. Who's With Me?
    Me too! Im Presently demoing a Blackerry and I can tell Its definatly not an Option !! So I will Wait for the GSM 650..
  6. #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint.
    Unfortunatley In our area Sprint is Like:
    Ca_ _ou her_ _e _ow,,,,
  7. #527  
    CNET says MPx is here, however they don't mention where to buy from.
    Ebay has a few, but you can not return them.
    Although I hate windowsbased phone/PDA. I would like to play with this one for few weeks and most likely return. That certainly will ease some agony and waiting time for T650.
    I have no idea why P1 would not carry unlocked GSM phones for so long,unless sprint and AT&T struck some sort of a deal.
    We are certainly 5-6months behind CDMA guys.
  8. #528  
    I have gone over to the dark side. Ordered the quad gsm siemens SX66 (PDA2k) from Cingular. Will give Pocket PC a shot and see how it works out.

    It has all the Treo 650 has except the camera, but the SX66 does WiFi out of the box.
  9. #529  
    Mtreosexual,
    I am tired also, but I have the patience to stick it out. I am optimistic on Mondays and Tuesdays because these are the days we are most likely to hear some sort of "pre-order" announcement. As for the MPx220, I went to see it. It feels flimsy. It looked sexy in photographs, but I did not like it when I saw it. Best Buy will be carrying it -- but they had one demo at the Cingular store near my office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    CNET says MPx is here, however they don't mention where to buy from.
    Ebay has a few, but you can not return them.
    Although I hate windowsbased phone/PDA. I would like to play with this one for few weeks and most likely return. That certainly will ease some agony and waiting time for T650.
    I have no idea why P1 would not carry unlocked GSM phones for so long,unless sprint and AT&T struck some sort of a deal.
    We are certainly 5-6months behind CDMA guys.
  10. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #530  
    I recently picked up a Motorola MPX220 with Cingular service. I really like the design, but the earpiece/volume control is a real issue on this phone. I am thinking of returning it before the 30-day trial is up. I still have my T600 with Sprint, and that contract is up in April. Who knows which phone/service I'll sign up with.
  11. jda
    jda is offline
    jda's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I recently picked up a Motorola MPX220 with Cingular service. I really like the design, but the earpiece/volume control is a real issue on this phone. I am thinking of returning it before the 30-day trial is up. I still have my T600 with Sprint, and that contract is up in April. Who knows which phone/service I'll sign up with.
    I also have a Treo 600 on Sprint and have been trying to figure out what phone to move to. I decided on the SMT5600 smartphone. I just ported my number over from Sprint today. The 5600 is $200 at any former AT&T wireless store or it's free on Amazon.com. It's a great phone, much better thant the MPX220 (but it's not a flip phone if that matters to you)

    I have a GSM 650 on order from the Treo roadshow which I can only guess will ship sometime on February. That should give me plenty of time to decide if I'll keep the 650 or put it on eBay.
  12. chankla's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #532  
    I've been having an email exchange with our company's cellular provider. He recently sent me the attached email. I asked if I could share it and he said it was OK as long as I don't mention his name or either of the names of the recently merged large cellular companies he now works for (wink).

    Here's the email. Sorry I can not offer more proof .
    -------------------
    Good Morning XXXXX!

    We just received notice from Palm that the TREO 650 is being delayed until Mid January as they need to make some changes to stop the units from locking up. Some of the other carriers have been experiencing this and in fact one of my customers that has some lines with SPRINT is not a happy person as he was assured they would be great and now has to go through the process of returning these units, etc.

    I am glad we waited as it would be very frustrating for our customers to have these issues. I guess our testing people made the correct decision.


    Thank You
    _________________________________

    XXXXXXX
    Corporate Markets Group
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  13. jr#CB's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Latin Traveler
    I have gone over to the dark side. Ordered the quad gsm siemens SX66 (PDA2k) from Cingular. Will give Pocket PC a shot and see how it works out.

    It has all the Treo 650 has except the camera, but the SX66 does WiFi out of the box.
    SX66 does not has EDGE while Treo 650 has. I am leaning towards SX66 though.
  14. #534  
    how do you know the 650 has edge? is edge automatic and will it be included in the 19.99 media works from cingular?
    thanks
  15. #535  
    It has Edge because it says so on the spec sheet. You will get EDGE on ANY data plan. If the phone is edge compatible and you're in an EDGE data area you'll have it. EDGE isn't an add-on, DATA is. (ie. you don't pay extra for EDGE, just for DATA so basically it IS "automatic" with a data plan )
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    how do you know the 650 has edge? is edge automatic and will it be included in the 19.99 media works from cingular?
    thanks
  16. #536  
    thanks for the info, i just need to check if edge is avialble in my neighborhood
  17.    #537  
    Thanks for the info, chankla... even though it's not 100% what I want to hear.

    The good: Better quality unit
    The bad: Mid-January

    "Can GSM be here now?"

    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I've been having an email exchange with our company's cellular provider. He recently sent me the attached email. I asked if I could share it and he said it was OK as long as I don't mention his name or either of the names of the recently merged large cellular companies he now works for (wink).

    Here's the email. Sorry I can not offer more proof .
    -------------------
    Good Morning XXXXX!

    We just received notice from Palm that the TREO 650 is being delayed until Mid January as they need to make some changes to stop the units from locking up. Some of the other carriers have been experiencing this and in fact one of my customers that has some lines with SPRINT is not a happy person as he was assured they would be great and now has to go through the process of returning these units, etc.

    I am glad we waited as it would be very frustrating for our customers to have these issues. I guess our testing people made the correct decision.


    Thank You
    _________________________________

    XXXXXXX
    Corporate Markets Group
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  18. #538  
    I think this is credible. I am glad that problems are being fixed. I will relax and wait for my contract to expire on January 13th. Perhaps by January 20th, we will have relief. I don't think many CDMAers have the patience that we GSMers have.
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I've been having an email exchange with our company's cellular provider. He recently sent me the attached email. I asked if I could share it and he said it was OK as long as I don't mention his name or either of the names of the recently merged large cellular companies he now works for (wink).

    Here's the email. Sorry I can not offer more proof .
    -------------------
    Good Morning XXXXX!

    We just received notice from Palm that the TREO 650 is being delayed until Mid January as they need to make some changes to stop the units from locking up. Some of the other carriers have been experiencing this and in fact one of my customers that has some lines with SPRINT is not a happy person as he was assured they would be great and now has to go through the process of returning these units, etc.

    I am glad we waited as it would be very frustrating for our customers to have these issues. I guess our testing people made the correct decision.


    Thank You
    _________________________________

    XXXXXXX
    Corporate Markets Group
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Mtreosexual,
    I am tired also, but I have the patience to stick it out. I am optimistic on Mondays and Tuesdays because these are the days we are most likely to hear some sort of "pre-order" announcement. As for the MPx220, I went to see it. It feels flimsy. It looked sexy in photographs, but I did not like it when I saw it. Best Buy will be carrying it -- but they had one demo at the Cingular store near my office.
    S 38,
    By MPx,
    I meant this bad boy not MPx 220.
    http://a508.g.akamai.net/7/508/787/2...6_MotImage.jpg
    People are saying some neat things about Sx 66.
    Tough times...
  20. #540  
    Talk about a phone that will have REAL memory problems. REALLY p1ss-poor design by Moto. http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smart...mpx-026819.php

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    S 38,
    By MPx,
    I meant this bad boy not MPx 220.
    http://a508.g.akamai.net/7/508/787/2...6_MotImage.jpg
    People are saying some neat things about Sx 66.
    Tough times...
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12/20/2004 at 08:35 PM.

Posting Permissions