Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
    Not only extreme but, in the US atleast, illegal. Can you imagine, envisage, one of these devices in and activated in the Twin Towers on 9/11. Personally, while I resent the intrusion of cell phones in a lot of public places (heck I suggested to my bishop that allowing a cell phone to ring in church should incurr automatic excommunication) I'll live with it just in case.

Deputy-Dawg

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, and in this case much worse!!

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    A bit extreme, but I understand your thinking.The cell phones are Okay on airlplanes - it's just that one obnoxiously loud person not paying attention to things going on around them like the other passengers.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    jrsmooth, as stated in a previous post -- very, very few consumer
    products are announced and released on Fridays. It's marketing 101 stuff Your beloved Nokia 6620 was released on a Tuesday August 10, 2004 http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...10/111220.html
    I just looked up my exam record, I passed that exam, 70-290, on Fri, 6 Aug 2004, that's the day I ordered the 6620, I got it the following Monday, the 9th. I am a business customer, and I ordered to through AT&T Wireless Premier, if that make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    yes but when will cingular have the 650....when when when?
    i was reading on hofo.com that the 650 is on the new information sheets but that there is no first order date
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    I talked with my ATT rep and got some info on the Treo 650 and SX66.

ATT has the Treo 650 and is in the 400 hr test period. He said if the testing goes through with out any problems, we are looking at the last week of the year or the first week of January. He also said they were fixing the memory issue, so the testing must include a new firmware. The SX66 is ONLY available to Cingular, ATT can not sell these yet. He said that is due to the inventory systems of the two companies have yet to merge. They call it the orange and blue inventories. So time will tell when ATT will get the SX66. Just wanted to share the info that I got today, so take it for what it’s worth.
    i am really interested in seeing a comparison of a gsm sx 66 and a treo 650 gsm
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i am really interested in seeing a comparison of a gsm sx 66 and a treo 650 gsm
    Feel free to correct me I'm wrong, but I believe SX66 / MDA III / PDA2k are the same phone. There are a lot of threads comparing Treo 650 and it already.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparxus
    There is a cure for this problem:
    http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    Does that really work? I would love to use it on some people at work who are always on their cell phones
    I have no dispute with when you say you got your phone. I am talking about a marketing principal. You buying one phone on a Friday does not constitute a marketing principal. The facts bear out that consumer product announcements are typically made on Mondays and Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsmooth
    I just looked up my exam record, I passed that exam, 70-290, on Fri, 6 Aug 2004, that's the day I ordered the 6620, I got it the following Monday, the 9th. I am a business customer, and I ordered to through AT&T Wireless Premier, if that make a difference.
    A phone acquired through AT&T Wireless Premier is not the same thing. If you are a business customer, who gets a special pre-release phone that makes a difference and has nothing to do with what I initially said. Being a business customer is an exception to being a consumer customer. The channels are different. Business customers are marketed to differently. Which goes back to what I originally said very, very few consumer products are announced and released on Fridays. It's marketing 101 stuff.

Take care, and thanks for being a good sport.
    Dawg whoa! ....Sounds like this issue puts a burr in your fur. Good point about the towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy-Dawg
    Not only extreme but, in the US atleast, illegal. Can you imagine, envisage, one of these devices in and activated in the Twin Towers on 9/11. Personally, while I resent the intrusion of cell phones in a lot of public places (heck I suggested to my bishop that allowing a cell phone to ring in church should incurr automatic excommunication) I'll live with it just in case.

Deputy-Dawg

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, and in this case much worse!!
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/17/2004 at 12:08 AM.
    T-Mobile might not have EDGE networking. Then what? Buy your T650 at some electronics store that will give you a "super" warranty. Sign up with Cingular and be finished with it.

Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    My disappointing experience with sprint is coming to an end. I was looking at Cingular, but their insurance provider doesn't cover smartphones. T-Mobile here I come. I should have never left you. The grass was definitely not greener. The 650 was cool on a two week spin, but I am going back to the waiting game.
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/18/2004 at 08:16 PM.
    These kinds of devices exist and can work (as the hotel industry is proving right now), but you'll need to buy a few to cover all the bands (this vendor does it with two models), and they are illegal in the UK and the US, other countries as well.
    T-Mobile might not having EDGE networking. Then what? Buy your T650 at some electronics store that will give you a "super" warranty. Sign up with Cingular and be finished with it.
    This has been brought up before and is a good point. I have had several treos and Pre treos with Cingular and never had that insurance, nor have needed to use it. But, as I say that I am probably jinxing myself so I wouldn't mind paying up to $4 bucks a month for it. So other than the Best buy Nightmare insurance, what else is our option. I refuse to buy Best Buy or CompUSA. I have the best homeowners insurance in the world, USAA, and would never change it but they don't cover phones. Is there any private insurance companies? I mildly searched on the internet, and found nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    This has been brought up before and is a good point. I have had several treos and Pre treos with Cingular and never had that insurance, nor have needed to use it. But, as I say that I am probably jinxing myself so I wouldn't mind paying up to $4 bucks a month for it. So other than the Best buy Nightmare insurance, what else is our option. I refuse to buy Best Buy or CompUSA. I have the best homeowners insurance in the world, USAA, and would never change it but they don't cover phones. Is there any private insurance companies? I mildly searched on the internet, and found nothing.
    not true!! usaa does cover these devices. i use a p900 now and am waiting for the treo 650 to come out. i called them and talked to them about it. we just determined that my "PDA" is also a phone. just have them note it in you contract that the treo650 is a pda with phone options. like a computer. they will cover it. give them a call. it is all in the wording.

d
    Quote Originally Posted by dwylie75
    not true!! usaa does cover these devices. i use a p900 now and am waiting for the treo 650 to come out. i called them and talked to them about it. we just determined that my "PDA" is also a phone. just have them note it in you contract that the treo650 is a pda with phone options. like a computer. they will cover it. give them a call. it is all in the wording.

d
    Ok, I am not doubting you, but in interest mode. This is cool to find out but, they told me, "yes they would cover it under my homeowners policy, but, I have a $500 deductable." Are you saying you can get insurance through USAA on the phone/PDA itself with a reasonable deductable? What is you deductable?
    BTW I had already called them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Ok, I am not doubting you, but in interest mode. This is cool to find out but, they told me, "yes they would cover it under my homeowners policy, but, I have a $500 deductable." Are you saying you can get insurance through USAA on the phone/PDA itself with a reasonable deductable? What is you deductable?
    BTW I had already called them.
    good point i do not think my deductable is that high. it might be a couple of hundy. i will look into it and let you know. at the time i got my p900 for market price that was about 7-800 i think. i remember thinking that the deductable was a small price to pay but i don't thhink it was 500. i would have to look into it. good looking out

d
    Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint.
    heh....just kiddin' guys

(not really, though)
    I am personally very pleased to have Sprint doing extensive Beta testing prior to the rollout of GSM in a month.

I mean look: we have DUN patches, voice quality patches, beginning of WiFi, and possible movement on a patch for NVFS. I mean, by the time the GSM model is here, its gonna be NICE!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint. Sprint.
    We're not that desperate
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Hey, techjunkie, hang in there, bud. GSM will eventually come. I'm just hoping for it before my next trip abroad in a couple of months. I agree, the CDMA model would make a nice (albeit expensive) paperweight in Europe.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    LOL! Come to think of it....me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I am personally very pleased to have Sprint doing extensive Beta testing prior to the rollout of GSM in a month.

I mean look: we have DUN patches, voice quality patches, beginning of WiFi, and possible movement on a patch for NVFS. I mean, by the time the GSM model is here, its gonna be NICE!!!