Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    But has anyone heard of any phone who can do PTT on the GSM network?
    Not in the USA. In Europe, Orange offers businesses PTT on GSM using the Treo 600 and Kodiak Networks PTT solution.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman
    Not in the USA. In Europe, Orange offers businesses PTT on GSM using the Treo 600 and Kodiak Networks PTT solution.
    Any rumors on the possibility of PTT being available on the GSM Network in the US?
    Last edited by techjunkie; 12/15/2004 at 04:38 PM.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Very, very few consumer products are announced and released on Fridays.
    AT&T Wireless has been releasing new phones on either Monday or Friday, it is half and half on either day, their big show, Nokia 6620 was released on Friday, I remembered very well because I passed my MCSA exam that day, after I placed an order online for the 6620.
    Given, that this is part of the phone circuitry (I think) it's hard to say if this is the same between the CDMA and GSM versions. Without knowing how it's designed, it's impossible to say but it might be something that could be fixed in firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    bcaslis
    What I am worried about, even though I will be sticking with sprint, is when the gsm DOES arrive, you folks will have the exact same problems the sprint phones are having. Mainly, what seems to be a large number of microphone problems. It seems to have something to do with the noise cancelling in the microphone, or so the consensus is. The folks with that problem say it is so bad, the memory issue is iconsequential! That is the issue I am waiting for most, and IMHO, I think folks here might consider waiting to see what the reports are on the microphone. Some of those guys have gone through 3 or 4 phones, and are still having the problems!

I dont think verizon, or tmobile, cingular, att, etc is going to make any difference on a hardware issue like that, if that indeed is what is causing it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Good work Skippy....This sounds more reliable than other stuff I have been hearing. I am starting to think that the ATT/Cingular release is about 2 weeks away. MisterEd I got that same color brochure from Cingular. Very slick, but no Treo 650. However, I wasn't expecting to see it for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    I talked with my ATT rep and got some info on the Treo 650 and SX66.
    ATT has the Treo 650 and is in the 400 hr test period. He said if the testing goes through with out any problems, we are looking at the last week of the year or the first week of January. He also said they were fixing the memory issue, so the testing must include a new firmware. The SX66 is ONLY available to Cingular, ATT can not sell these yet. He said that is due to the inventory systems of the two companies have yet to merge. They call it the orange and blue inventories. So time will tell when ATT will get the SX66. Just wanted to share the info that I got today, so take it for what itís worth.
    LOL ... "400 hr test period" ... that's a new one. They've had the phone for months (the Palm Roadshow vendors had AT&T branded 650's for quite a while). As for the "memory fix" I REALLY hope your right but something tells me that Palm (in the last 2-3 weeks since this became a "public issue") certainly DID NOT recall the thousands of boxed GSM phones they have sitting in warehouses somewhere waiting for Sprint's exclusive deal to end, unpackage, reflash (or whatever they do) and rebox them again for resale. I agree they'll be out in early January (that's what it has ALWAYS been reported to be so that ain't news). EVENTUALLY with all the "informed sources" SOMEONE is bound to be right. Please don't take my comments personally, it's just that EVERYONE seems to have an inside source who knows exactly what's going down. EVENTUALLY some one HAS TO get it right just by luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    Treo 650 and is in the 400 hr test period
    Shadowmite Did It.......he Got Wifi To Work On 650!!!!!!!!!!! Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
    I will wait for GSM to come out. I have T-Mobile now but will change to Cingular. I also want the phone unbranded. Is that a possibility? I got my 600 unbranded on Ebay earlier this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1colorado
    I will wait for GSM to come out. I have T-Mobile now but will change to Cingular. I also want the phone unbranded. Is that a possibility? I got my 600 unbranded on Ebay earlier this year.
    At some price.
    There wasn't even a Treo 600 (and that's been around for a while).
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I got that same color brochure from Cingular. Very slick, but no Treo 650. However, I wasn't expecting to see it for some reason.
    Just got letter from Jeff, VC,
    Product availability has been somewhat constrained and we are shipping customer orders out based on a first-in first our order queue filling sales orders before demo order shipments. We do not yet have enough visibility into deliveries from palmOne, however here is a range of dates we are hoping for. We know you want your device as soon as possible, so thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Sprint Treo 650's shipping in first two weeks of January when we expect another product delivery.
    GSM unlocked Treo 650's shipping mid-January to mid-February time frame
    For those of you purchasing your device, we will not bill your credit card until date of shipment. At that time you will receive notification of the charge to your credit card and we will also provide you with UPS tracking information.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as we hope this gives you sufficient information to plan for the receipt of your Treo devices.

Thanks.

Jeff
    I Cing does come out this week, which I now doubt, I may buy it and do the sellaroo when the VC one comes. If it doesn't I will just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Just got letter from Jeff, VC,

I Cing does come out this week, which I now doubt, I may buy it and do the sellaroo when the VC one comes. If it doesn't I will just wait.

cglaguna, I understand the email, but the "I Cing" thing I can't understand. Are you saying, I hope Cing does come out this week?
    Now that Sprint is buying Nextel, who will move to Sprint for the possible Push-to-Talk feature in the near future (aka ReadyLink) on Treo 650?

Or do you think that PTT won't happen on the 650?
    That does sound like a cool option, but more importantly will the acquisition of Nextel provide better service to metro areas? Sprint has a lot of dead spots in Northern NJ/NYC areas, or so I'm told my my friends who have Sprint. That's probably the only reason I don't have a T650 from Sprint right now.
    Any rumors on the possibility of PTT being available on the GSM Network in the US?
    I don't know of any rumors, but I believe it is inevitable that all the carriers will eventually support PTT, whatever technology they use.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaman
    I don't know of any rumors, but I believe it is inevitable that all the carriers will eventually support PTT, whatever technology they use.
    As one of those poor schlubs who has to carry around a nextel and a phone, I certainly hope not! There is a reason they make nextels so durable...people keep throwing them against the closest brick wall, under a truck, etc. Darn thing chirps and chatters constantly, and you can't ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    As one of those poor schlubs who has to carry around a nextel and a phone, I certainly hope not! There is a reason they make nextels so durable...people keep throwing them against the closest brick wall, under a truck, etc. Darn thing chirps and chatters constantly, and you can't ignore it.
    I try to be careful what I ask for. I am ambivalent about cell phones on airplanes.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I try to be careful what I ask for. I am ambivalent about cell phones on airplanes.
    I barely tolerate teenagers in airports with cell phones. Could you imagine sitting next to one on a flight from IAD to Singapore?

While I'd like to have hassle free PDA use of my Treo on an airplane, I'm still willing to carry another device for airplane use just to have some peace and quiet on the airplane. Right now I'm awaiting shipment of my new HP 2750 that I'll carry along with my Treo 650 (whenever the GSM version is released by AT&Tingular)
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    There is a cure for this problem:
    http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    Last edited by sparxus; 12/16/2004 at 09:11 AM.
    A bit extreme, but I understand your thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparxus
    There is a cure for this problem:
    http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    The cell phones are Okay on airlplanes - it's just that one obnoxiously loud person not paying attention to things going on around them like the other passengers.
    jrsmooth, as stated in a previous post -- very, very few consumer
    products are announced and released on Fridays. It's marketing 101 stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsmooth
    AT&T Wireless has been releasing new phones on either Monday or Friday, it is half and half on either day, their big show, Nokia 6620 was released on Friday, I remembered very well because I passed my MCSA exam that day, after I placed an order online for the 6620.
    Your beloved Nokia 6620 was released on a Tuesday August 10, 2004 http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...10/111220.html