Page 21 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 2657
  1. #401  
    Yes, precisely -- polish remover -- about $1.99

    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    nail polish remover, acetone works well lightly applied and and rubbed for a minute or so
  2. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #402  
    I may even wait for a Treo model that is smaller and lighter that the previous 2 versions (600 & 650). Possibly the 750?
  3. #403  
    My quess is that the next treo phone will be the 700.
  4. #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Yes, precisely -- polish remover -- about $1.99
    that's right, it just has to be applied sparsely and worked consistently in order to not eat away at the paint under the branding
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5. #405  
    We only need now to commission a "hacker."

    Someone just posted a thread -- "TREO 650 GSM- Buy It Now" to lure you in and it turns to be nothing. Something that is common knowledge. Someone is scamming the 650 again.

    This seems to be the most reliable thread while for waiting on GSM -- I'm going to stick with it.
  6. #406  
    thats was me sorry if the thread name was misleading
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7. #407  
    My logic says if Vienna Channels are lagging 4 weeks behind the carrier's introduction of the 650 then -- it's only stands to reason that the GSM version will be released next week sometime.

    Anyone remember this:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62597

    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    thats was me sorry if the thread name was misleading
    My apologies, I think we are all a bit anxious.
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Do you, really? And did you forecast the Red Sox in seven and four?
    ouch...painful memories for me...
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9. #409  
    Bcaslis:

    The memory issue is not that big a deal to me, as I can always use an SD card, and install the apps there. Fact is however, it IS a step backwards when they lower the useable memory. Yes, I love the flash feature, and protected memory. However, they should have increased the memory to a minimum of 64. 23 useable is not enough for any minor power user.

    Regarding the sound issues....it seems to be spotty, and I don't want to gamble on getting a bad phone instead of a good one. At least, not in the numbers I am seeing. Time is valuable to me, and I don't want to waste it moving everything from my 600, and taking the number off my current phone....and being without a phone if the 650 I receive sucks.

    You know what bothers me the most? The people in the sprint store here have NO idea about these issues. Imagine having to solve the problems with someone who has no clue. That seems to be part of the problem as I see it on the forum here.

    I am going to wait a bit, till I see more concrete resolutions to the problems.
  10. #410  
    Does anyone else here have some important (or not) apps. that just won't run from the SD card? I have tried ZLauncher and PowerRun, but do all apps. work with PowerRun and ZLauncher's "PowerRun like" features?
  11. #411  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    Bcaslis:

    The memory issue is not that big a deal to me, as I can always use an SD card, and install the apps there. Fact is however, it IS a step backwards when they lower the useable memory. Yes, I love the flash feature, and protected memory. However, they should have increased the memory to a minimum of 64. 23 useable is not enough for any minor power user.

    Regarding the sound issues....it seems to be spotty, and I don't want to gamble on getting a bad phone instead of a good one. At least, not in the numbers I am seeing. Time is valuable to me, and I don't want to waste it moving everything from my 600, and taking the number off my current phone....and being without a phone if the 650 I receive sucks.

    You know what bothers me the most? The people in the sprint store here have NO idea about these issues. Imagine having to solve the problems with someone who has no clue. That seems to be part of the problem as I see it on the forum here.

    I am going to wait a bit, till I see more concrete resolutions to the problems.
    you should then visit an attws store...it is like a circus
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  12. #412  
    FWIW: I found a timeline listing the release dates for the Treo 600 last year by carrier. It could be a predictor of when the GSM will be released. However, it will take some time to dicipher when the GSM version might be released. Mostly because Cingular and ATT released the 600 at different times. Perhaps someone figure it out with me. http://palminfocenter.com/news_cente...ode=more&ID=10
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    FWIW: I found a timeline listing the release dates for the Treo 600 last year by carrier. It could be a predictor of when the GSM will be released. However, it will take some time to dicipher when the GSM version might be released. Mostly because Cingular and ATT released the 600 at different times. Perhaps someone figure it out with me. http://palminfocenter.com/news_cente...ode=more&ID=10
    so hopefully by next year my signature will be changed to 700
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  14. #414  
    GSM Sucks so unbelievably much.

    GSM is an OLD standard, based on TDMA, the great-grandaddy of CDMA. GSM infact is TDMA and it comes with some of the lovely features of TDMA:

    1. Less effecient sharing of bandwidth (ie: lots of people on in a cell, lots less bandwidth)
    2. Less penitrating power - The modulation of gsm makes it inherantly a less strong signal that will not as easily penitrate walls and buildings.
    3. More lost bits, meaning slower, lagier speeds.
    4. Less bandwidth per channel - Crappier call quality
    5. Completely insecure. It can be cracked with a 486.

    Fortionately in the US, we have CDMA coverage, a much more advanced and better bread of coverage. In much of the world, they put all their money into GSM and now have less dynamic networks.

    You may have heard of EDGE, which supports higher speeds for GSM. Well, don't hold your breath. EDGE is just being installed in some cities and airports. It will be some time before you have a good portion of the country covered. So, you're out of luck if you don't live in one of the cities it's being installed in.

    Plus, the coverage of t-mobile is unbelievably crappy and I've had bad experience with cingular too. And don't even get me started on the former AT&T...I found it comical that they ran comercials about network strength when they had the worst in the country.

    FACT: Sprint has the fastest, most advanced network in the US. I live in Connecticut, in the burbs, and I can get 145 kbps downstream on Sprint. That translates to 16-20 Kbps downloads. And as far as the cutting edge, Verizion is already putting in 300-500 kbps service, over CDMA in some cities and is expanding faster than they are EDGE, which is less than half as fast.

    The ONLY ONLY ONLY, Solitary, singular, alone advantage to GSM is that it works in other countries. Well, if you're willing to have a peice-of-crap phone just so you can use it in other countires and pay a surcharge anyway, be my guest. I'd recomend you rent a phone or buy a "disposable" gsm phone for overseas and use CDMA when you're home. It's not worth the sacrafice.


    As for me. I won't touch GSM cell phones even for overseas. But I don't need to. I have an Irridium satellite phone. It works in ****in Antartica and the Sarah. Now, that's a real world phone.


    GSM can die a long painful death and rot in hell where it belongs


    -Steve
  15. #415  
    Gee, drbuzzo having a bad day huh? Well, as I taught if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16. #416  
    Heh...oh BTW, what's the other name that UMTS (the future of GSM) goes by??

    Answer: WIDEBAND CDMA

    Coincidence?? No way, Jose. Sprint has been doing what GSMers have dreamed about doing for years...receiving data at speeds quite a bit faster than dial up, which is almost intolerable. And as for sound quality...I have RARELY ever (like once or twice a year) had a dropped call, and because it's CDMA, there is NO static.

    I'm waiting to get a 650 from each Sprint and Cingular at the same time so I can physically compare the two in every location I travel. I'll turn it into a cross-country vacation "slash" cellular provider review. I'd bet all my money that Sprint will win by a long shot, but I'm not a betting man...
  17. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by drbuzzo
    GSM Sucks so unbelievably much.


    -Steve
    It may be a inferior technology, but the real world experience has been better for me versus CDMA. And every time I hear a Sprint user saying, "What? You're breaking up," I'm reminded of that fact.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
  18. #418  
    So for the rest of the world let him pay 5/us a min or something for his calls with the Irridium.
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by drbuzzo
    GSM Sucks so unbelievably much.

    GSM is an OLD standard, based on TDMA, the great-grandaddy of CDMA. GSM infact is TDMA and it comes with some of the lovely features of TDMA:

    1. Less effecient sharing of bandwidth (ie: lots of people on in a cell, lots less bandwidth)
    2. Less penitrating power - The modulation of gsm makes it inherantly a less strong signal that will not as easily penitrate walls and buildings.
    3. More lost bits, meaning slower, lagier speeds.
    4. Less bandwidth per channel - Crappier call quality
    5. Completely insecure. It can be cracked with a 486.

    Fortionately in the US, we have CDMA coverage, a much more advanced and better bread of coverage. In much of the world, they put all their money into GSM and now have less dynamic networks.

    You may have heard of EDGE, which supports higher speeds for GSM. Well, don't hold your breath. EDGE is just being installed in some cities and airports. It will be some time before you have a good portion of the country covered. So, you're out of luck if you don't live in one of the cities it's being installed in.

    Plus, the coverage of t-mobile is unbelievably crappy and I've had bad experience with cingular too. And don't even get me started on the former AT&T...I found it comical that they ran comercials about network strength when they had the worst in the country.

    FACT: Sprint has the fastest, most advanced network in the US. I live in Connecticut, in the burbs, and I can get 145 kbps downstream on Sprint. That translates to 16-20 Kbps downloads. And as far as the cutting edge, Verizion is already putting in 300-500 kbps service, over CDMA in some cities and is expanding faster than they are EDGE, which is less than half as fast.

    The ONLY ONLY ONLY, Solitary, singular, alone advantage to GSM is that it works in other countries. Well, if you're willing to have a peice-of-crap phone just so you can use it in other countires and pay a surcharge anyway, be my guest. I'd recomend you rent a phone or buy a "disposable" gsm phone for overseas and use CDMA when you're home. It's not worth the sacrafice.


    As for me. I won't touch GSM cell phones even for overseas. But I don't need to. I have an Irridium satellite phone. It works in ****in Antartica and the Sarah. Now, that's a real world phone.


    GSM can die a long painful death and rot in hell where it belongs


    -Steve
    So much hate...
  20. #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by drbuzzo
    GSM Sucks so unbelievably much.

    GSM is an OLD standard, based on TDMA, the great-grandaddy of CDMA. GSM infact is TDMA and it comes with some of the lovely features of TDMA:

    1. Less effecient sharing of bandwidth (ie: lots of people on in a cell, lots less bandwidth)
    2. Less penitrating power - The modulation of gsm makes it inherantly a less strong signal that will not as easily penitrate walls and buildings.
    3. More lost bits, meaning slower, lagier speeds.
    4. Less bandwidth per channel - Crappier call quality
    5. Completely insecure. It can be cracked with a 486.

    Fortionately in the US, we have CDMA coverage, a much more advanced and better bread of coverage. In much of the world, they put all their money into GSM and now have less dynamic networks.

    You may have heard of EDGE, which supports higher speeds for GSM. Well, don't hold your breath. EDGE is just being installed in some cities and airports. It will be some time before you have a good portion of the country covered. So, you're out of luck if you don't live in one of the cities it's being installed in.

    Plus, the coverage of t-mobile is unbelievably crappy and I've had bad experience with cingular too. And don't even get me started on the former AT&T...I found it comical that they ran comercials about network strength when they had the worst in the country.

    FACT: Sprint has the fastest, most advanced network in the US. I live in Connecticut, in the burbs, and I can get 145 kbps downstream on Sprint. That translates to 16-20 Kbps downloads. And as far as the cutting edge, Verizion is already putting in 300-500 kbps service, over CDMA in some cities and is expanding faster than they are EDGE, which is less than half as fast.

    The ONLY ONLY ONLY, Solitary, singular, alone advantage to GSM is that it works in other countries. Well, if you're willing to have a peice-of-crap phone just so you can use it in other countires and pay a surcharge anyway, be my guest. I'd recomend you rent a phone or buy a "disposable" gsm phone for overseas and use CDMA when you're home. It's not worth the sacrafice.


    As for me. I won't touch GSM cell phones even for overseas. But I don't need to. I have an Irridium satellite phone. It works in ****in Antartica and the Sarah. Now, that's a real world phone.


    GSM can die a long painful death and rot in hell where it belongs


    -Steve
    By the way, sprint (at least here in California) was the worse provider EVER about 1 1/2 years ago. Nothing even came close to it (maybe nextel).

    Verizon CDMA (and now Sprint) is a very strong network. Coverage almost anywhere.

    I wouldn't underestimate GSM coverage in the USA anymore though. With Cingular/ATT combined coverage its AMAZING now. I would say before the merger I had 90-95% coverage. Now its in the 99% for sure.

Posting Permissions