Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I have ordered the unlocked GSM T650 via the Dallas Roadshow. While I would like to get one sooner the $350 price tag is worth the wait. I figure I'll be able to sell my T600 for close to that on eBay.
    I am staying with GSM AT&Tingular because my contract is up January 2005. I want to leverage that in bargaining for a better price. If I don't get a significant discount I might consider jumping ship.
    I would use a payphone before I went over to Sprint!

I placed my order for my 650 after the Dallas Roadshow.
    Hope to have it soon!
    Going to wait for the GSM version. I get 5000 anytime minutes from T-Mobile for $99.00. Can't leave that. GSM FOREVER!!!! or until a highly superior technology emerges.
    Thinking of changing my avatar to Bill Clinton since seeing TxDot.
    No question, I am waiting. For a world phone, great coverage that is getting better by the day, EDGE is coming, that doesn't suck batteries or have the myriad of other problems always listed by the CDMA/TDMA users. A Cingular customer service is wonderful for me, as long as I call during daylight hours in the West, and am not transferred to the South (I think Louisana, customer service there is the worst.)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    My Sprint contract ends in 01/05, and I may jump ship to GSM. I'm not a big fan of that funky blue color on Sprint's T650!
    Also waiting for GSM, because my current T-Mobile service is very good, I travel internationally, and I'd like to get an EDGE plan in the near future.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I am with everyone else here. I am a GSM holdout on T-Mobile!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Jumping from VZW to ATTWS/CING as soon as they get it. Sprint has the worst coverage of all carriers here on the CA central coast. VZW has the best, but I want this phone before I retire in 2021!! Hopefully the ATTWS/CING merger has helped ATT's GSM coverage!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I'm also waiting for the GSM Model. I will be attending the Tradeshow here in NY on the 16th. I just hope that the Unlocked AttWS/CING is not branded and have built in software only compatibable to ATTWS/CING.

GSM is the best. One great feature of GSM , is that you can have many phones and switch back and forth with ease. I change phones like I change cloths. JK.
    Waiting for GSM. I use it around the world, Sprint don't work...

ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    i too am waiting for GSM. Sprint is too high and all my phones are unlocked
    I'll wait for GSM
    I was going to wait for GSM as I have T-Mobile, but someone told me Sprint has a plan where you get unlimited roaming for $5 a month which allows you to use Verizon's towers. Wouldn't that make their coverage really good?
    we are all with you bro, gsm ot nothing.
    No matter how you look at it CDMA has NOTHING on GSM with respect to retaining value because of world wide acceptance. No, you don't have to be a globetrotter but it doesn't mean someone from Germany may not buy your unit on ebay!!
    I have detailed files.
    I was seriously thinking of going to Sprint too until the GSM's came out... yes, I have a problem. But, now I'm a little mad that Sprint has cornered the market on 650's until the end of the year. I think that really sucks for GSM users out there. So, now I'm gonna wait for the GSM... unless I get out of control.
    I'm defineately staying with my at&tingular gsm service. I just gotta try and hold out till it becomes available
    Motorola T720 > Motorola T721 > Siemens SX56 > Treo 600 > Nokia N-Gage QD > Treo 600 > Treo 650 Fall '04
    I'm staying with you in GSM, but I'm also staying with T-M. I've stayed out-of-contract with them for more than a year because T-M's technical and local store support is the best I've had. In fact, I'm more likely to stay with GSM/T-M than I am to get the 650.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.