Page 17 of 133 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    just sent them an email but i m not doing it everyday lol
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64733
    GSM released Dec 16 from Cingular. hmmm I wonder how far VC will be behind?
  3.    #323  
    Every GSM'er, cross your fingers for Dec 16th!

Good luck to you VC buyers. I do wish all of you luck!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I'll believe it when I have one in my hands.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    i might "upgrade" to the 650 if the price is right
    maybe it will be my christmas present =)

then my girl can take my 600
    GSMers,

December 16th is a tough call. Have you seen the latest Cingular commercials featuring the Razor by Motorola? Like Sprint has exclusives of the Treo 650, I believe Cingular has exclusives on the Razor. It's the phone they are promoting for Christmas, which doesn't leave room for the 650. Sometimes these exclusive agreements -- supress the release of other phones. However, I am no marketing expert. I will be happy if we can get it on December 16th.
    You are right in that they have an exclusive and are promoting it.

I'm also doubtful that they would release on 12/16. Nine days before Christmas? Sounds like retails suicide. I really hope they do it, I'll buy it but I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    GSMers,

December 16th is a tough call. Have you seen the latest Cingular commercials featuring the Razor by Motorola? Like Sprint has exclusives of the Treo 650, I believe Cingular has exclusives on the Razor. It's the phone they are promoting for Christmas, which doesn't leave room for the 650. Sometimes these exclusive agreements -- supress the release of other phones. However, I am no marketing expert. I will be happy if we can get it on December 16th.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    razor is out already, no?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    razor is out already, no?
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Every GSM'er, cross your fingers for Dec 16th!

Good luck to you VC buyers. I do wish all of you luck!
    the email I recieved from Jeff Last Night said GSM will be shipping in January...
    These guys are pre-ordering the GSM 650 for 799.00. None of us would ever pay that much. However, I was thinking they might know something definitive about ship dates since they are probably dealing with shipping and distribution managers. I'll call tomorrow.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...sp?phoneid=597
    the first att rumors had the gsm version out at a december time frame. would cingular keep to that schedule? i hope, but not holding my breath.

for now, i'm preparing myself for a february delivery from vienna.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just ordered a BT headset from these guys and they were great in delivering it.

However, back when the Motorola V3 Razr was coming out they were quoting delivery on 9/10 with a price of $599. Needless to say they didn't get any to sell until November and raised the price to $799. I'm not saying they are crooks or anything, just that they say what they were quoted for delivery. And that most places promising early deliveries are wrong.

FYI, Expansys USA has had the Treo 650 GSM available for pre-order for quite awhile. They have no info other than expected delivery in January. I've bought lots from them but I NEVER seen them get a date right yet. If they are saying January it makes me think we won't see anything until February.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    These guys are pre-ordering the GSM 650 for 799.00. None of us would ever pay that much. However, I was thinking they might know something definitive about ship dates since they are probably dealing with shipping and distribution managers. I'll call tomorrow.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...sp?phoneid=597
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Good point. I have also had dealings with Expansys. You are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I just ordered a BT headset from these guys and they were great in delivering it.

However, back when the Motorola V3 Razr was coming out they were quoting delivery on 9/10 with a price of $599. Needless to say they didn't get any to sell until November and raised the price to $799. I'm not saying they are crooks or anything, just that they say what they were quoted for delivery. And that most places promising early deliveries are wrong.

FYI, Expansys USA has had the Treo 650 GSM available for pre-order for quite awhile. They have no info other than expected delivery in January. I've bought lots from them but I NEVER seen them get a date right yet. If they are saying January it makes me think we won't see anything until February.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    ........FYI, Expansys USA has had the Treo 650 GSM available for pre-order for quite awhile. They have no info other than expected delivery in January. I've bought lots from them but I NEVER seen them get a date right yet. If they are saying January it makes me think we won't see anything until February.
    Just a reminder that P1 changed their commitments to distributors on the 600 GSM so many times that some of them simply refused to post an availability date. The distributor from whom I finally got mine did not get any until four months after the first date that they were given. You may still see some shipment by February but I now lean to March.
    I may have to rethink ,if there is no definite date by Dec 16.
    March is too long a wait.In 6 months from march, the CDMA people will have another new toy and we won't be able to enjoy our relatively new ( 6 month old T650) wholeheartedly.
    for whatever this is worth....i was travelling through atlanta over the holidays and a saleswoman at the palmOne store in the airport said sprint has a three month lock on the 650. she said gsm will not be available until february. and amazingly she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. she was absolutely positive. so we may have a few more months to wait.
    God, by the time us GSMers get the 650 everyone else will be talking about when the 700 will be coming out. At least you lot have a chance people like me who live in countries that dont have a CDMA network are forced to wait.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I may have to rethink......
    I appreciate your angst. My Daddy taught me never to play another man's game on his table with his cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    ....,if there is no definite date by Dec 16......
    I do not think you have learned the rules yet. On the 600GSM P1 gave a number of "definite dates" that they did not meet; they even gave dates to distributors that, in retrospect, it is clear that they never intended to meet. Until it ships, there is nothing "definite" about any date.

It seems to me that P1 has a right to enter into any deal with Sprint that it wants to. What I do not understand is why they cannot be candid about it. They can ship the 650 GSM whenever they want to. I cannot understand why they must continually dangle it.
    I just went back and looked at my e-mails over the 600 GSM order. Bottom Line Telecommunications gave me three ship dates, 10/18, 11/3, and 11/30 based on ship dates that P1 gave them. P1 reneged on all three. I finally got one from GSM Phone Source in December for $649-, $100 off their list price of $749-. (Cannot remember what I got the discount for.) Note that I finally got it 2 months after the first "definite date." If they run true to form, we are at least two months away and counting.

I just visited BLT's and GSM Phone Sources web sites. Neither has even put the Treo 650 GSM phone in their catalogs yet. (BLT has the 650 CDMA phone, clearly marked "SPRINT PCS NTWK ONLY" for $618.42.)
    Last edited by whmurray; 12/05/2004 at 02:39 PM.