Page 15 of 133 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't it be great if the 650 GSMs shipped with 128Mb onboard!?

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Dunc
    Yes. Please do not hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Yes. Please do not hold your breath.
    In the words of Jay Gatsby, "when you lose your dream you die..."

Dunc
    Just got a email from Jeff at Vienna. Looks like my order fir a GSM 650 will be shipping in Early January
    smileyboy at Today 10:17 PM

Just got a email from Jeff at Vienna. Looks like my order fir a GSM 650 will be shipping in Early January
    It is unlock? Is it AT&T branded or it does not matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy

Can you tell us what your order number was for Vienna?

And was Early January just an estimate from Jeff, based on the 4-6 week timeline or he gave you early January as a update from PalmOne.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I just got the same update from Jeff. My order number is 11xx. In short, January shipment of GSM models. They will be unlocked.

Here's the actual text of his email:

"We wanted to provide you and update that your Treo 650 GSM unlocked model order is received and in our system. This device will be operable on all GSM networks in the United States (ie T-Mobile, AT&T Wireless and Cingular).

We are awaiting inventory from the manufacturer and will notify you as soon as it is shipped to our facility. Product will ship some time in January following the official product launch from palmOne so we appreciate your patience. We know you are looking forward to receiving your Treo 650.

We will contact you as soon as inventory arrives and please know that if you are buying the device, no charges will be assessed your credit card until the date of shipment."
    Same update. My order number is 7xx.
    I didn't get an update and I am 2xx. Bummer.
    me too, I am also in the 2xx's and no email for me
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    January is not far off. This is perfect timing for me. My contract w/ATT is up January 1st 2005. Hopefully, I can negotiate a price with them. Anyone have any ideas. I'm sure you guys have some pursuasive stuff that you've used in the past. Here are my strong points in negotiating my case:

1) I have been with ATT since day one, which was 8 years ago when they took over the carrier CellularOne.

2) I have never been late on my payment.

3) I am considering extending my service from 1 to 3 lines to include my children (actually young teenagners).

4) Other competitive carriers are willing to sell a Treo 650 at a lower price to enroll me as a new customer.

5) Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    January is not far off. This is perfect timing for me.

5) Your thoughts?
    Yeah. Good luck. Do you think any of what you described matters to AT&T?

Maybe it will. Best of luck.
    Your thoughts?
    Well I already was smoozing my regular rep at Cingular in anticipation of the 650, as she has always come through with $150 to $200 for every Treo upgrade so far (without requiring a contract resign, even though I bought them all from Hand/One.) But, this time she says that because of the merger money is tight, so I don't know if I am gonna get any sugar this time. I will be adding a line (moved from Sprint, yuck) so maybe I can get something I am sure.
    January Is So Far Off!!!!!!!

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc

Dunc
    so are we (GSM) going to get free cards in the box or will it be installed in the phone?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    i am hoping to buy mine unlocked and without a contract...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I didn't get an update and I am 2xx. Bummer.
    maybe we didn't get the emails because we are early in the list and may be getting some sooner.

I have found that in the corporate world, no news is good news
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    so are we (GSM) going to get free cards in the box or will it be installed in the phone?
    You're kidding, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    maybe we didn't get the emails because we are early in the list and may be getting some sooner.

I have found that in the corporate world, no news is good news
    I thought so too 100th but I didn't want to jinx it. But I got a different email today regarding other 5 and those are set for January too.
    GSMers.....I say wait for T650 GSM version. I got the Sprint 650 today and love it but the battery life is not as good as my T-Mo T600. Also, voice quality is a little better with GSM than CDMA. The new screen and keyboard is awesome and makes it worthwhile upgrading to the 650.