Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2657
  1. #2581  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    How about starting a grand GSM thread ??
    The front page is getting crowded with useless redundant GSM threads for last few days...
    Ours is a fun group and we should continue it maybe at a slow pace.
    How about "The old , i am still waiting for GSM " thread. Most of us are still waiting for GSM T650 and will try to keep the thread on the front page..
    Here here. (Okay I'm not really going to bed either. I just wanted to be funny.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  2. #2582  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    You got understanding here. I can't keep pace in TC some days. I got work deadline also. Anyway, I decided to plunge the $499.00. I'm tired and needing to move on with another project. With all of the researching here in TC, I have become "supremely" informed with more facts than I care to share with most. Take care.... Enjoy your 650 until it's time to get the T700.
    In order to know whether $499 is a good price it is necessary to know what the chances are that we can unlock a GSM cheaper than $100-.
  3. #2583  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I have been glued to this site for pretty much at least two weeks solid. There seem to be a lot of great people here, and I am glad to be a part of it. Now, I don't want to speak too soon, but I intend to start contributing in the Treo-hacking arena once I get my 650. Before even getting it, I know far more than I could ever possibly know otherwise as far as what to buy, how to buy, what to change, how to get things working, etc. Thanks to everyone, & HERE'S TO YOU & YOUR TREO!!!!!!
    Rtalian
    Welcome...
    Always nice to have people with advanced tech abilities.
    I hope that Treo on your avatar is not a testimonial of your work !!!
  4. #2584  
    We still do not know whether the 650 GSM suffers from the mic problem, how hard it is to migrate to a smaller memory, how much it will cost us to migrate our apps, which apps (e.g., DA, 2day, PDANet, PDAReach) are orphaned, require an update, or a new license. We do not know the impact of the changed cable interface or the cost of cables and devices that work with it. We do not know whether there will be an iTrek GPS cable but we do know that we cannot run an SD/GPS with limited memory. We do not know how much it will cost or how hard or risky it will be to turn off the exclusivity lock. Will there be a Wi-Fi/memory card; what will it do to battery life. Will such a card cost $150 or $300-? There is material risk in the price and the system cost. A little information may help a lot.
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/02/2005 at 07:29 PM.
  5. #2585  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Rtalian
    Welcome...
    Always nice to have people with advanced tech abilities.
    I hope that Treo on your avatar is not a testimonial of your work !!!
    Thanks!!
    haha, no...that's pre-hacking...don't know if I'll be doing anything with it now that the 650 is so close. I posted near the beginning of one of these GSM threads (this one, I think) about what happened to it....basically stress fractures that eventually gave way while trying to answer a call.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  6. #2586  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    We still do not know whether the 650 GSM suffers from the mic problem, how hard it is to migrate to a smaller memory, how much it will cost us to migrate our apps, which apps (e.g., DA, 2day, PDANet, PDAReach) are orphaned, require an update, or a new license. We do not know the impact of the changed cable interface or the cost of cables and devices that work with it. We do not know how much it will cost or how hard or risky it will be to turn off the exclusivity code. Will there be Wi-Fi/memory card; what will it do to battery life. Will such a card cost $150 or $300-? There is material risk in the price and the system cost. A little information may help a lot.

    Life is too short WH...
    You have lot of worries
    For now stop worrying about all these.
    Buy your new toy play with it for few months,and start waiting for the next model.
    Ain't that most of us are all about.
  7. #2587  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    Thanks!!
    haha, no...that's pre-hacking...don't know if I'll be doing anything with it now that the 650 is so close. I posted near the beginning of one of these GSM threads (this one, I think) about what happened to it....basically stress fractures that eventually gave way while trying to answer a call.


    Yeh those flip treo's had that problem.
    Glad the new ones are without one...
  8. #2588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual

    Yeh those flip treo's had that problem.
    Glad the new ones are without one...
    I mostly liked the flip (until it broke)...saved me from really having to get a case for it. I can simply slip it into my pocket.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  9. #2589  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Life is too short WH...
    You have lot of worries
    For now stop worrying about all these.
    Buy your new toy play with it for few months,and start waiting for the next model.
    Ain't that most of us are all about.
    Of course, you are right. To read my post, one would think that I have to worry about the money.
  10. #2590  
    I want my sync cradle .... waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    (for Tanner)
  11. #2591  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    goodnight techjunkie
    goodnight specimen38
    goodnight whmurray
    goodnight cglaguna
    goodnight MisterEd
    goodnight Mtreosexual
    goodnight 100thMonkey
    goodnight bcaslis
    goodnight helpermonkey
    goodnight Thunder God
    goodnight Hayswj
    goodnight Tanner
    goodnight Barney
    goodnight MacUser
    goodnight Daddyof 3
    goodnight Felipe
    goodnight Smartphone Fan

    goodnight all.
    Good night, Boobookins!
  12. #2592  
    Looks like this thread is gasping for last few breaths.....

    Tears..
  13. #2593  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Looks like this thread is gasping for last few breaths.....

    Tears..
    I thought I heard rumblings about going for 3000 posts....what happened?
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  14. #2594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtalian
    I thought I heard rumblings about going for 3000 posts....what happened?

    Seems like that the founding fathers of this thread have abandoned it like a sinking ship.
    We will bail out soon as well...
  15. #2595  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Seems like that the founding fathers of this thread have abandoned it like a sinking ship.
    We will bail out soon as well...
    I was hoping to do that tomorrow, but it sounds like none of us waiting for the unlocked GSM Treo 650 will get it right away.
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  16. #2596  
    Anyone get a shipping confirmation from P1 yet? I am hoping they will send them out sooner than they say...
  17. #2597  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    Anyone get a shipping confirmation from P1 yet? I am hoping they will send them out sooner than they say...

    well, i know you will get a backorder notice from palmOne....very soon
  18. #2598  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    well, i know you will get a backorder notice from palmOne....very soon
    That is what happened. That was after paying for o/n shipping. Did not give any warning at the time of the order. They are slime.
  19. #2599  
    I feel special now :



    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I want my sync cradle .... waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    (for Tanner)
  20. #2600  
    first post from my slippery, shiney 650 :d w/crappy bat life. i'm used to 4 days on a battery and barely got 1 with not too much use. time to order a spare. whinnnnneeeeeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I feel special now :

Posting Permissions