Page 126 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2657
  1. #2501  
    MisterEd, thanks for clarifying...I figured my CSR was wrong b/c he didn't sound intelligent whatsoever. I will definitely be changing the plan once I receive the phone.


    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I believe you got one of the, er, uh, "moron reps." There is a PDA DATA PLAN which is $44.99 ($39.99 with voice) UNLIMITED DATA. The moron sold you the plan made for EDGE CARDS that go in a laptop.

    These are the ATT UNLIMITED data plans:
    $24.99 is for unlimited phone and smartphone (ie SMT5600/MPx220).
    $44.99 (39.99 w/ voice) is the unlimited PDA data plan for Treo/PPC4100/SX66 devices.
    $79.99 is for EDGE Cards

    You got one of the "metered" Edge card plans. As soon as you get your phone call them and change it. You won't be able to get the $24.99 but give it a shot anyway. You may find another moron who'll give it to you.

    By the way, you'll find that taxes and fees comes out to about 20-25% more on top of your plan (especially if your state charges sales tax on cell service). My $105 bill costs $131.00 after taxes and fees. It will take 2-3 months to get your first true "normal" bill.
  2. #2502  
    I am excited, I am going to have my Orange 650 in two days. I am on the phone now.

    $349. no data
  3. #2503  
    cglaguna, where were you able to order it? Thanks
  4. #2504  
    no doubt, spill it yo
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5. #2505  
    ROTFLMAO! You must be having a bad TreoLESS day ...! And I do have my 650 in my hand right now and I want the friggin' sync crade. Well, sorry, it's next to my keyboard while I type, charging. You're just jealous that I have something ELSE to whine about! Bwahahahahahaha!

    Hmmmm, Gonna start a new thread ..... "I Will Wait For My 650 Sync Cradle, Who's With Me?" ROTFLMAOPIMP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I would say "you've got your T650 and now you're whinning about the next thing," but the REALLY Sad thing is, you DON'T have your T650, and YOU'RE ALREADY WHINNING ABOUT THE NEXT THING!

    Somehow you've got the nerve to come into a thread of people who DO NOT HAVE A TREO 650 AND WHINE ABOUT A CRADLE?

    *KICKS MisterED OUT*

    whine somewher else.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 02/01/2005 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typos
  6. #2506  
    Got the ATP 45X (10Mbit xfer) card from eCost.com. It "eCost me" $104 with overnight shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    What card did you buy and from where? I might as well buy something while I wait here on the couch.
  7. #2507  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am excited, I am going to have my Orange 650 in two days. I am on the phone now.

    $349. no data
    Dang and I just signed up with cingular. Thats a good deal for just the phone.
  8. #2508  
    CGLAGUNA.............I'm here in SoCal too. Where were you able to order it? Did you order it here locally or elsewhere?

    younevercall.com is taking orders for the Cingular T-650 right now but it appears you can't already have Cingular service (which I do).

    https://www.younevercall.com/cingular/order.htm
  9. #2509  
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Well one again I am not sure what you mean when you ask me if I have seen reports that is if fixed as I have a 650 GSM and would go so far as to say it is likely I have had mine much longer than most. I have tested my voice quality. Unless you have a suggestion on how I test it further I don't have anything to say but that the quality is good. My simple test - call my office phone and leave messages using my phone and my bluetooth headset. You COULD be right, maybe I don't know the quality sucks, hey anything is possible. If it was fixed, the how is via different software. The GSM version has different software. Once again, have any ideas how I would prove that it is fixed?

    Yep. All the complaints came about when using the phone alone, (not the headset) and calling from somewhere with a bit of background noise. Apparently the Phone's mic has some noise suppression technology, that works like a speakerphone. Only problem is, it cuts out like a bad speaker phone. Although the shadow patch seems to correct it somewhat on most phones, some still have the problem. It seems more likely it is hardware related rather than software related.

    Many folks stated it was fine with a headset, but terrible without. Also note the background noise requirement, like in a car, in a bar, etc.

    I certainly HOPE it has been patched, and patched soon on the cdma version too. I am itching to upgrade from my 600, but won't until this one item is fixed for SURE. With all the gsm phones coming out now over the next weeks, we will sure hear if it has been or not, at least in the GSM version.
  10. #2510  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevwill
    Yep. All the complaints came about when using the phone alone, (not the headset) and calling from somewhere with a bit of background noise. Apparently the Phone's mic has some noise suppression technology, that works like a speakerphone. Only problem is, it cuts out like a bad speaker phone. Although the shadow patch seems to correct it somewhat on most phones, some still have the problem. It seems more likely it is hardware related rather than software related.

    Many folks stated it was fine with a headset, but terrible without. Also note the background noise requirement, like in a car, in a bar, etc.

    I certainly HOPE it has been patched, and patched soon on the cdma version too. I am itching to upgrade from my 600, but won't until this one item is fixed for SURE. With all the gsm phones coming out now over the next weeks, we will sure hear if it has been or not, at least in the GSM version.
    Ok, thanks for the info, I will test further and report back...
    Treo 650 GSM
  11. #2511  
    What magic did you work? This process is crazy. Calling and calling until you get the right person.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I am excited, I am going to have my Orange 650 in two days. I am on the phone now.

    $349. no data
  12. #2512  
    I spoke with a guy today, who said, the Treo 650 is not out yet. I said, "I know people who have gotten it from Cingular. He said, "they probably got it off of Amazon." Can you believe it?
  13. #2513  
    I've been lurking here for a while, and have not posted much. I just had to weigh in...

    This is unbelievably frustrating. I have been calling Cingular for a long time and all of the CSR's say it is not available. CRAZY.
  14. #2514  
    I called 866-562-7061 and after holding for about 15 minutes I got a very nice CSR. She said that she had just gotten off the phone with another person trying to order the 650 who, like me, said he had been following a web site where people are saying they have the cingular 650 in hand. She said she tried to place an order for him and even read me back the SKU number posted in here earlier and she said the system would absolutely not let her put the order in. She said it is in "pre-launch" status and would not be available until the 3rd (Thurs).

    UGHHH.
  15. #2515  
    Still waiting for P1 to release unlocked GSM treo.
  16. #2516  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    What magic did you work? This process is crazy. Calling and calling until you get the right person.
    It is exactly what I did.
  17. #2517  
    guess who still doesn't have a Treo 650...

  18. #2518  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    ROTFLMAO! You must be having a bad TreoLESS day ...! And I do have my 650 in my hand right now and I want the friggin' sync crade. Well, sorry, it's next to my keyboard while I type, charging. You're just jealous that I have something ELSE to whine about! Bwahahahahahaha!

    Hmmmm, Gonna start a new thread ..... "I Will Wait For My 650 Sync Cradle, Who's With Me?" ROTFLMAOPIMP!

    how could U tell?
  19. #2519  
    IT's up on the PalmONE site now! You can buy the unlocked T650 NOW! I just ordered mine.
  20. #2520  
    Specimen and others ,
    Let us start preparing to end this thread
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 02/01/2005 at 10:53 PM.

Posting Permissions