Page 123 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2373113118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Phah, who needs an exaust on a harley? they are much louder without one

Forgot to Mention Vance & Hines Straight Pipes... & Yes The louder the better!!!
    MisterEd,

Do you have any idea who you spoke with to acquire you 650? Lorraine is not budging. Will someone give me a Cingular Orange B2B phone number please? I can not get through.
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/31/2005 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just recieved this Email from My Data Reps Boss.

There are other issues that have nothing to do with the handset itself. You have to bring together Seven and BlackBerry as we'll as Microsoft. Plus the issue of two Networks like Cingular and ATT. So it may not of been us holding it back but rather a host of things. Does this make sence? Sorry for the delay.

Almost looks like they are attempting to have all solutions available for the release of the t650 GSM ?
    Hu, what is that supposed to mean? My informed guess is that it was being held back for fine tunning, not due to something hinted at above (what is being hinted at I don't know - what do Blackberries have to do with Treos?). People have already said that the voice quality and possibly other perfromance is better on the GSM than CDMA versions. A longer test period would be one reason.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Hu, what is that supposed to mean? My informed guess is that it was being held back for fine tunning, not due to something hinted at above (what is being hinted at I don't know - what do Blackberries have to do with Treos?). People have already said that the voice quality and possibly other perfromance is better on the GSM than CDMA versions. A longer test period would be one reason.

especilaly confusing is the pullin' M$ in...what do they have to do w/ PalmOS?

clarity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    especilaly confusing is the pullin' M$ in...what do they have to do w/ PalmOS?

clarity?

I Do Believe that it is Cingular Corporate Technospeak , In other Words.. "BS"
    Heres a Novel Idea, How about when they have the roadshow for the T700 in another Couple Months they Have Reps From Sprint & Cingular there and the TC folks Dont let them Out of the Building till they give Realistic FIRM Shipping Dates.....
    I'm waiting for a GSM 650 from VC. Sounds like it could be 2-4 or more weeks still. Does the following "strategy" make sense?

Treocentral is promoting a Cingular Treo 600 for $99 after rebates. Requires a two year contract.

In looking at the offer, Mediaworks at $19.95 is one of the data plans specifically offered.

If you're willing to go with the contract term, would it make sense to buy the $99 Treo 600 w/ the $19.95 Mediaworks and when you get your Treo 650 from VC, switch the SIM and sell the 600 on eBay - or given the low cost, keep it as a spare phone.

Seems much more straightforward as a way to get Mediaworks than some of the "strategies" discussed here.

Thoughts?
    No idea, just some really dumb sounding woman. I just dialed 800-388-3235, punched in my FAN account number when it prompted and gave the lady my info and she took the order after looking up my actual phone account to verify the "discount" (which I am not supposed to even get as my FAN excludes discounts on PDAs and Smartphones). You have to understand that the ONLY way they (NBO) will sell you any phone is if you have a FAN account (and phone account to go with it) - with the exception of Treo-Entertainer of course - and I think he found someone who was confused between the 600 and 650 and priced him wrong. MissesEd works for the State of NJ (via the local Bd of Ed) which is how we got our account when we ported from Verizon back in October. I guess they might do it if you open a NEW business account as well. If your current account isn't FAN then you're probably SOL with the ATT side. Cingular B2B is 866-243-6273 but they don't have them to sell until the end of the week from what I understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    MisterEd,

Do you have any idea who you spoke with to acquire you 650? Lorraine is not budging. Will someone give me a Cingular Orange B2B phone number please? I can not get through.
    next week...same messages here I betcha...

yeah, tomorrow they'll be sellin' 'em. Then they'll ship next week...

whatever...never seems more like it :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Just recieved this Email from My Data Reps Boss.

There are other issues that have nothing to do with the handset itself. You have to bring together Seven and BlackBerry as we'll as Microsoft. Plus the issue of two Networks like Cingular and ATT. So it may not of been us holding it back but rather a host of things. Does this make sence? Sorry for the delay.

Almost looks like they are attempting to have all solutions available for the release of the t650 GSM ?
    BS! One more tease! Give us a break!
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Treo
    I'm waiting for a GSM 650 from VC. Sounds like it could be 2-4 or more weeks still. Does the following "strategy" make sense?

Treocentral is promoting a Cingular Treo 600 for $99 after rebates. Requires a two year contract.

In looking at the offer, Mediaworks at $19.95 is one of the data plans specifically offered.

If you're willing to go with the contract term, would it make sense to buy the $99 Treo 600 w/ the $19.95 Mediaworks and when you get your Treo 650 from VC, switch the SIM and sell the 600 on eBay - or given the low cost, keep it as a spare phone.

Seems much more straightforward as a way to get Mediaworks than some of the "strategies" discussed here.

Thoughts?
    No more nor less than any other. The absence of candor invites conspiracy theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    next week...same messages here I betcha...

yeah, tomorrow they'll be sellin' 'em. Then they'll ship next week...

whatever...never seems more like it :|
    Sure they will. More like it than what? They are crazy; we need not be.
    Well, guess I'm back to this thread as I still don't have a GSM 650.
    Stopped reading Mistered and cglaguna's posts, there is too much of orange and blue in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Stopped reading Mistered and cglaguna's posts, there is too much of orange and blue in them.
    Heh, well I don't have a phone yet do I. I told you guys Blue would give me a phone and I talked to Orange Small business today and they had zero clue what I was talking about and told me Blue was not even supposed to have 650's, yeah right. My contact at Orange, let's say taked good care of my account, but can't get phones.

So I am bumming, still considering a 30 day with blue, but never jump GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Heh, well I don't have a phone yet do I. I told you guys Blue would give me a phone and I talked to Orange Small business today and they had zero clue what I was talking about and told me Blue was not even supposed to have 650's, yeah right. My contact at Orange, let's say taked good care of my account, but can't get phones.

So I am bumming, still considering a 30 day with blue, but never jump GSM
    Trust me , i did not read above post.
    Nyah Nyah - you're just jealous I'll have mine 2morrow or Wed and you won't!
    Go Big Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Nyah Nyah - you're just jealous I'll have mine 2morrow or Wed and you won't!
    Go Big Blue!
    Don't put it in the aquarium like you did with the last one.
    BTW ,I am playing with one right now happens to be CDMA though...;
    Trust me , i did not read above post.
    Where the helck are you? Chicago, Wyoming? The mid west? I know many people love them. T-mobile used to beat the pants of everyone, in certain areas?

I mean I have always said go with the best signal, that is the most important for me. So if t-mobile is it, all the more power to you. As I said before I have an account with T-mobile, they locked me into a contract a couple years ago during a technical support issue that they said they would solve and never did. Abandon the service but like the number and am going to have it ported.
    Well, count me in the group who broke down and bought a Blue T650...just ordered it tonight around 7pm EST. I have an order number but no tracking number - will call back tomorrow to get one. I read another poster stating Blue sends them via FedEx Overnight - hope that's true so I'll get it on Wed....

All this being said, I'm still going to buy the unlocked version. My plan is to return the Blue T650 before the 30-day trial...unless, of course, the service and data speeds are so good it'll make me cancel my T-Mobile account.

One question for you 'Blue experts': the guy told me the only data plans available for the T650 were 10MB, 20MB...100MB. I told him I thought there was an mMode plan for $20 or $25 and he said that wouldn't work for the Treo b/c it's a data phone. So, I opted for the $50/mo 100MB plan (b/c I'm 99.99% sure I'm going to return it within 30 days). So, is this really the only option? I'm surprised Blue doesn't offer some $20/$25 per month data plan that includes ALL data - internet, email, sms, etc.

Oh, to top it off, my voice plan is $60/mo for 900 nationwide minutes...adding data and voice = $110 before taxes; which is a damn expensive cell bill!!