Page 121 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2171111116117118119120121122123124125126131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Cingular camps on ATT towers in NYC.
    excellent, confirmed by 100thMonkey as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    excellent, confirmed by 100thMonkey as well.
    without a doubt. I know at my home (in NJ just south of the 46 and 3 merge) that Orange signal is WORTHLESS, which is one of the main reasons that I stayed Blue. But I am seeing that good old Blue full signal with my new Cingular 64k SIM. Treo rulz too beacuse it pulled all the network settings off the SIM without a hitch
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    without a doubt. I know at my home (in NJ just south of the 46 and 3 merge) that Orange signal is WORTHLESS, which is one of the main reasons that I stayed Blue. But I am seeing that good old Blue full signal with my new Cingular 64k SIM. Treo rulz too beacuse it pulled all the network settings off the SIM without a hitch
    So you are saying you are getting EDGE speed with the new Cingular 64k SIM in NYC ?
    I checked, not later than 2 days ago, with a Nokia 6230 on Cingular and was definitely NOT getting EGDE speed with it (not with the new 64k sim though).

If someone can confirm that ? I checked with stores and on online EDGE coverage maps on the Cingular corporate site and NYC shows as "future coverage".
    I am on T-Mo and want to get EDGE for my coming soon 650, so I may switch soon.
    could it be that the old sim camps on t-mobile towers?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I believe older Cingular SIMs (non 64k SIMs) used to roam on T-Mobile in NYC.

Your SIM will be white and say "64k" on it if you're using the new Cingular SIM.
    Maybe.
    I read an article about the Cingular/T-Mobile towers sharing situation in NYC mentioning how Cingular was planning to build on ATT network and leave progressively T-Mo.
    I will post it if I found it (think it is somewhere on HoFo)
    Found the article; it's really interesting.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=303415
    I believe older Cingular SIMs (non 64k SIMs) used to roam on T-Mobile in NYC.

Your SIM will be white and say "64k" on it if you're using the new Cingular SIM.

I hope you are right because check that:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...+%2BNYC+%2B%3F

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    I hope you are right because check that:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...+%2BNYC+%2B%3F

Using the 64k SIM, I'm definitely on the AT&T towers according to my unlocked Motorola V620. I've seen it drop to T-Mobile once or twice but AT&T coverage is definitely strong in the city, and I'd expect solid EDGE coverage over the entire island of Manhattan for sure.
    Using the 64k SIM, I'm definitely on the AT&T towers according to my unlocked Motorola V620. I've seen it drop to T-Mobile once or twice but AT&T coverage is definitely strong in the city, and I'd expect solid EDGE coverage over the entire island of Manhattan for sure.
    That's AWESOME news !
    Thanks Alee !!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Are you guys separate? I am orange and phone moves between Blue and Orange many times during my travel. I am lost. I had very good service before and now I have awesome service. I don't get it.
    We don't have orange towers. Blue (edge) and cing/t-mobile shared (no edge). So we want to be on blue only to get edge.

or maybe i don't get what your lost about
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Are you guys separate? I am orange and phone moves between Blue and Orange many times during my travel. I am lost. I had very good service before and now I have awesome service. I don't get it.
    From a post on HoFo:
    "The problem with Network Selection has nothing to do with it. Right now, network selection is set to automatic, so if you lose Cingular/T-Mobile's signal, your phone will automatically switch to AT&T provided that AT&T Towers are open for roaming! If roaming on AT&T is NOT enabled on AT&T's network, then you just lose the signal.

So basically, to clarify my previous post, the day AT&T opens their towers in all of NYC, whenever your phone loses T-Mo/Cing signal, it can lock into AT&T's network and hence use EDGE.

This won't be an issue for a long time because AT&T network will become native "home" for Cingular users soon after the merger close date. This means you won't need manual network selection because your phone will prefer the AT&T/Cingular network instead of the T-Mobile/Cingular network. You'll probably need a new SIM though."

Right now, I don't think that AT&T network is the native "home" for Cingular users.... it's maybe different with the 64k sim.

Yeah ... that's pretty messed up ... here in NYC
    Yes, buy a GSM Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    WOW! 2396 replies to this thread. I wonder how long it would take to read the whole thread. Can somebody sum it up?
    I couldn't resist that post. If you have some specific questions, I would be glad to answer or refer you to someone who could answer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    WOW! 2396 replies to this thread. I wonder how long it would take to read the whole thread. Can somebody sum it up?

Yes.
    I am still waiting for my GSM T 650.
    I am waiting to just be able to order mine. It seems like everyone has the magical touch to get one ordered. Everytime I call Cingular B2B I get transferred to the customer service for regular customers, and of course, they don't have it.... I hope to get it soon.
    That was happening to me on Thursday, but Friday I received a call from Lorraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I am waiting to just be able to order mine. It seems like everyone has the magical touch to get one ordered. Everytime I call Cingular B2B I get transferred to the customer service for regular customers, and of course, they don't have it.... I hope to get it soon.
    We don't have orange towers. Blue (edge) and cing/t-mobile shared (no edge). So we want to be on blue only to get edge.

or maybe i don't get what your lost about
    ding ding ding

and actually the joint agreement, i.e. GSM Facilities, is in the process of being disolved so it will cost Cingular roaming revenue in the NYC metro area to use Orange instead of Blue
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    That was happening to me on Thursday, but Friday I received a call from Lorraine.
    I read that post with her number, but I had lots of questions. Would she be able to get me one when I am a current Cingular customer and don't wish to add a new line?
    Guys,
    I could not resist, walked into sprint store bought one today.
    I have 14 days to try , most likely returning it back in few days as voice is horrible with echoes and low volume.
    It is a great piece of hardware.
    I compared the voice quality with GSM T 600 .There is a huge difference.I have not experimented with shadowmite's rom as i know it is going back in few days.
    Please sell your 600s before getting 650 as after looking at 650 screen you do not want to see 600.
    LCD TV vs 1st generation color TV , would be somewhat close.
    Now after playing with this one , i can wait for unlocked one from P1.
    Data is way faster with sprint than T-mo.I also got $55, 700 minutes including roaming + $15 sprint PCS unlimited internet with 22% buisness accountdiscount on my monthly bill.
    I hope the wifi sled comes soon, that will make life easy with T-Mo .Specimen 38 and others, sorry for losing my patience. I feel way much better now
    I am still waiting for GSM.