Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2657
    I don't know if that is a good goal or not. Everybody is thinking, in strategic mode, and clearing the credit cards. Welcome to TreoCentral!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Clorto
    Just want to do my part to contribute to the big 3k posts
    Right below the stickies it's GSM Pride
    I Received My GSM 650 . Who's With Me?
    I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    but just finished watching napoleon dynamite... "HECK YES!" good flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    cglaguna...............B2B Blue is AT&T, right? I'm Cingular orange. I wonder when the T-650 will be available to me.
    Yes, Blue

I don't want to promise or start speculation because I was accused with my Jan 27th prediction (which was right) But the Gods tell me Feb 1 from Orange, which others are posting here as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    but just finished watching napoleon dynamite... "HECK YES!" good flick.
    I LOVE THAT FILM! I have a Napolean Dynamite chapstick from a promotional screen. "My lips hurt real bad!"
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    please don't even compare unlimited GPRS prices to EDGE. They are not even the same thing from the customer side. To over exaggerate, that would be like me saying "Why is my cable model so much? I can get unlimeted dial up on NetZero for $9.95 a month" I don't think it is the same... Same will be true when UMTS comes along.
    I agree with you, it's not comparable but what about for places where EDGE is not available yet. Why should I be paying $40 to get GPRS speed on the 650 ?!!?
    For ex., in NYC, Blue has EDGE, Orange doesn't (supposed to be soon available but nobody knows when !) so having to pay $40 for data vs. $20 for MediaWorks is not acceptable for me.
    My point is that Cingular is trying to sell me dial up at cable prices
    ehh no edge for Cingular in NYC yet? I though there was.
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    nope.
    https://www.cingularbusinessonline.c...rk&Origin=menu
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Huh? PCS is not analog, it's digital as far as I know. In any case, doesn't matter if Cingular coverage is better in areas I don't go. Since Sprint if $15 and T-Mobile is $20 for unlimited data, I agree that Cingular is out of whack on their pricing.
    You are correct that PCS is digital. However, Sprint uses analog backup to get better coverage. My Motorola Sprint Startac would frequently switch into analog roam mode in order to get coverage in places like interstate highways in sparsely populated areas. One paid analog roaming rates for calls in this mode; the nationwide rate only applied to calls on the Sprint PCS digital network.

In short, one must be careful when comparing the Sprint coverage maps to those of other nationwide carriers. While Sprint is building out their network, their digital coverage is not yet up to that of Cingular.
    Last edited by whmurray; 01/29/2005 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by outz
    I can't wait for Amazon to carry this phone. As of now, they have the Treo 600 for 150$ (or so) after contract/rebates. I hope they get the 650 this low, so I can make the switch to Cingular and switch off between my pda2k/650 depending on my mood.
    I was in Radio Shack today. The local store manager had just sold a 300 to the manager of a nearby store for $150.00. I did not realize that it was so over-priced.
    I was in my local Cingular store today. When I asked about the 650 GSM I was told that it has been delayed until March.
    cglaguna...........thanks for the educated guess. I hope you are right. I'll post if I find one.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    WOW! 2396 replies to this thread. I wonder how long it would take to read the whole thread. Can somebody sum it up?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    There is defiitely EDGE in NYC on the ATTWS towers. Cingular has no towers in NYC... your choices are T-Mobile or ATTWS towers. The T-Mobile ones will not have EDGE.
    Cingular is building on AT&T edge network not creating a whole new network. So if ATTWS towers have edge then yes edge for Cingular is in NYC.
    Does that mean Edge is only available in NYC for Blue customers? Or is it also availble for Orange?
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Does that mean Edge is only available in NYC for Blue customers? Or is it also availble for Orange?
    Both, I would have to search for the press release but when Cingular purchased AT&T they said they would build on AT&T network. Plus if you look at the AT&T map for edge. Then look at the one from Cingular. You will see Cingulars future expansion is identical to what AT&T has so it looks like it all works together. Best way to find out is call Cingular. Most likely they will confirm that NYC has edge.
    yea in NYC what is a cingular phones "home" tower? Does it primarily use ATT towers or t-mobile. Cuz I'm leaving t-mobile now, I didn't like them or their service. I don't want to go to cingular and wide up back on t-mobile towers with no edge.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    yea in NYC what is a cingular phones "home" tower? Does it primarily use ATT towers or t-mobile. Cuz I'm leaving t-mobile now, I didn't like them or their service. I don't want to go to cingular and wide up back on t-mobile towers with no edge.
    Cingular camps on ATT towers in NYC.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Right below the stickies it's GSM Pride
    I Received My GSM 650 . Who's With Me?
    I Will Wait For GSM Model. Who's With Me?
    that is SOOOOOO pro!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey