Page 117 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2657
  1. #2321  
    Anyone have any ideas as to why some poeple have been able to order and in a couple of cases even receive their GSM 650's through ATT or Cingular but on P1's site there is still nothing? Over a week ago P1 had a GSM coming soon splash on their front page but then they promptly took that down and it's never come back.

    I'll probably order a different phone next week, I don't feel like waiting anymore, especially when there is no indication that this wait will end before spring.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  2. #2322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    All right! We can talk about him now! Ha ha, Just kidding. We know you can't resist Tanner, you'll still check up on us before Tuesday...
    DANG IT! I made it 4 and 1/2 hours...

    and really....that's b/c I was @ Treonauts and engadget and stuff...oh, and b/c my t600 didn't have service...so I couldn't even read the mobile version

    not healthy
  3. #2323  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    You posted some speeds of 175k before but I assume that wasn't with a Treo 650 right? The speeds I've seen posted so far are all slower than what I'm getting on a Sprint 650. I always get between 110 - 119k. This is with one or two bars only. Anyone getting faster than that with an EDGE Treo 650 (other devices or cards don't count here).

    R U Doing the speed test from dslreports.com/mspeed?

    which size R U clickin' on? I'm doing the 100K (the first time I did the 200...it took LONGTIME!)
  4. #2324  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    R U Doing the speed test from dslreports.com/mspeed?

    which size R U clickin' on? I'm doing the 100K (the first time I did the 200...it took LONGTIME!)

    Oh, sorry I guess I should have said shouldn't i? I am doing the 200K test. How long does that one take you and what speeds do you get on the 600?
  5. #2325  
    7kbit/s for the 200K...wow not good
  6. #2326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Anyone have any ideas as to why some poeple have been able to order and in a couple of cases even receive their GSM 650's through ATT or Cingular but on P1's site there is still nothing? Over a week ago P1 had a GSM coming soon splash on their front page but then they promptly took that down and it's never come back.

    I'll probably order a different phone next week, I don't feel like waiting anymore, especially when there is no indication that this wait will end before spring.
    Cingular has a Business Data section thier reps Have got them first for sale the stores are clueless. My rep called me right before 5:00 this evening and told me the release went out late this afternoon, I Placed an order and Mine & 10 others will be hand delivered to My office Monday Morning $399 each with 2 year contract.
  7. #2327  
    Okay ...okay it's here. exciting.....
    However ,i need an unlocked one to use with T -mo,options;
    1.Wait for shadowmite's magic.
    2.Wait for P1.
    3.Buy AT& T or cingular unlock using software worth 25 bucks and terminate contract.
    You save money on phone balanced by loosing it on breaking the contract
  8. #2328  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I'll probably order a different phone next week,
    what phone? In my mind there is nothing else that comes close to the 650
  9. #2329  
    Tanner, I was doing the 200k test.

    helpermonkey, could you specify what I was assuming wrong? Was it that the 175k number was from a GSM Treo 650? You posted this quite awhile ago so unless you have access to unreleased devices (which you might) it couldn't have been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    R U Doing the speed test from dslreports.com/mspeed?

    which size R U clickin' on? I'm doing the 100K (the first time I did the 200...it took LONGTIME!)
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #2330  
    When the CDMA version of the "Precious" as described by Mtreosexual, GSMers quietly retreated to the sanctity of one thread while we watch day "new stickies posted" and "whining" day after day. We celebrated the fact that the 650 had been released, but our joy was post-posted. Now that we are on the verge of getting a GSM release -- it really makes you wonder why we are getting flamed by CDMAers.
  11. #2331  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Tanner, I was doing the 200k test.

    helpermonkey, could you specify what I was assuming wrong? Was it that the 175k number was from a GSM Treo 650? You posted this quite awhile ago so unless you have access to unreleased devices (which you might) it couldn't have been.

    Those numbers are from a GSM 650.
  12. #2332  
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    what phone? In my mind there is nothing else that comes close to the 650
    That's the problem! I'm just depressed and I'm acting like a petulant child because I can't have my toy NOW! But I waaaaaant it! Now! Now now now now now now! Palmone sell me my GSM 650 NOW!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  13. #2333  
    I have a question for 650 Blue orderers. I talked to blue rep and I want to know about data. Although I am protected under media works on Orange, new 650 orders are paying $44 unlimited data under blue gov't. or are you doing the order without data unlimited, and ordering data afterwards. I can get my treo if I go blue, but I don't have my normal customer proctection that I have with orange. scares me.
  14. #2334  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have a question for 650 Blue orderers. I talked to blue rep and I want to know about data. Although I am protected under media works on Orange, new 650 orders are paying $44 unlimited data under blue gov't. or are you doing the order without data unlimited, and ordering data afterwards. I can get my treo if I go blue, but I don't have my normal customer proctection that I have with orange. scares me.
    I thought people said you HAVE to take the rip off $50 data plan from AT&T, no? Sounds like Extortion 101 to me.
  15. #2335  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    When the CDMA version of the "Precious" as described by Mtreosexual, GSMers quietly retreated to the sanctity of one thread while we watch day "new stickies posted" and "whining" day after day. We celebrated the fact that the 650 had been released, but our joy was post-posted. Now that we are on the verge of getting a GSM release -- it really makes you wonder why we are getting flamed by CDMAers.
    Welcome home, Prodigal. We missed you. [Home is where when you show up, they have to take you in.]
  16. #2336  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I thought people said you HAVE to take the rip off $50 data plan from AT&T, no? Sounds like Extortion 101 to me.
    it was non-neg. for me...
  17. #2337  
    Really? Very impressive. If I could get a reasonable cost data plan this could push me to Cingular.

    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Those numbers are from a GSM 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #2338  
    This is what just happened to me (and I am already on Blue w/a State Gov't acc't):

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=70751


    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I have a question for 650 Blue orderers. I talked to blue rep and I want to know about data. Although I am protected under media works on Orange, new 650 orders are paying $44 unlimited data under blue gov't. or are you doing the order without data unlimited, and ordering data afterwards. I can get my treo if I go blue, but I don't have my normal customer proctection that I have with orange. scares me.
  19. #2339  
    HelperMonkey and WHMurray..................

    Thanks for your response to my questions. I hope that I may continue to post questions in the future and have them answered. This site seems to be a good resource.

    I am still in the dark as to when the T-650 will be released for Cingular. I am still in the dark as to the data plan that I see people being forced to buy. I am also still in the dark as to the referrences I have seen regarding specific contract requirements Cingular is demanding. I am currently a Cingular customer and don't want to change my plan. We will see what happens with the T-650.

    Thanks again.
  20. #2340  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Really? Very impressive. If I could get a reasonable cost data plan this could push me to Cingular.
    What are your speed experiences on the Sprint network? Are you using the same speed test I am? 200K file?

    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    This rant is not getting mad at you the poster just cingular

    This is really a bad idea, different plans for different devices. I mean its ok to have a couple of plans but lets bring em down to about half price

    Especially since direct competition (sprint) is only $15... come on now. There is no other excuse for this other than greed, pure and simple, I will get a Sprint treo if cing is $45data. That translates to roughly $180 for a year on sprint and $540 on cingular, just for data!

    Is that rebate the same one that is available now ending the 31st.?
    evildead, just because Sprint charges less for data, does that mean everyone else should too? I think you are completely missing the picture. A company does not have to nor should they drop their prices just because someone else is cheaper. All things are not equal. Sprint may be choosing to underprice their data. I know in the past their stratagy was to go after many of the lower value or credit challenged customers etc. that other carriers did not want, even if it would mean people not paying their bills etc. It seemed they just wanted to grow subscribers at any cost. That is fine, they can do what ever they want. They might even put themselves out of buisness with the wrong strategy - I am not implying they will or that what they are doing is wrong - simply that what their business plan is and what the other carrier's business plans are are different for a reason. My 2. When I purchase I never purchase on price alone.

Posting Permissions