Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    anyone else ever check this site out:

www.dslreports.com/mspeed

it's a mobile speed test
    I think I have been posting speeds I got using that test on this thread for a little while now... I know I posted some, how many I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Question: Does anyone remember how long it took after the first GSM locked 600's were out for the unlocked 600's to be released by P1?
    There were GSM 600s in Singapore and Hong Kong before they were available here. The first ones available here were Cingular branded and were unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    whmurray, I realize you are pissed and all, but seriously are you trying to bring everyone down. (?)
    They do not need any help from me and I am powerless against them. And yes, I am pissed.
    ahhhhhhhhhhh, kewl...just found that site thx.

well, see Uall around next Tues...I'm really going to try to have a live now... we'll see how that werkx out
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I have this very bad feeling that the unlocked 650 isn't going to be availble until T-Mobile has it also. The only real contradiction to this is the poster saying the P1 retail stores are claiming to get it soon. But you know this is just some sales guy. He may be referring to the Cingular version and just calling it unlocked out of lack of knowledge.
    the vc buyers will get an unlocked phone. when will we get? who knows.

but now that shadow is on the case. i have no doubt cingular's will be unlocked b4 the weekend.

ok, maybe monday.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Thanks for the reply. It's not encouraging, but it gives me some historical perspective. If all goes as it did with the 600 I could be looking at Spring/Summer. Oh well I guess my only options are wait angrily, wait calmly, or buy something else. Has anyone heard anything from Vienna Channels. Aren't those supposed to be unlocked/unbranded direct from P1?
    My recollection is that on the 600 they played the Sprint game to the last card but did not play the Cingular game. Since they clearly intend to play the Cingular game this time, my sense is that they will play it all the way. I do not think that they will ship any unlocked phones until Cingular ships and may give Cingular months as they did with Sprint.
    REN: DUN (aka dial-up networking) Not completely correct. It's part of the BT Spec and some carriers (Sprint for sure) have disabled it via firmware within the specific handsets. If it is enabled (by hacking <thanks Shadowmite > or by the carrier) you will be able to use it irrespective of whether the carrier will "technically" support it or not. Once it's enabled they won't charge you more because they would have no idea if you are using it or not (because you can do the same thing with a USB cable - and they can't see your phone to know how (OR IF) you are using it.).

You may be thinking of "tethering" which can be done with or without BT and with either method they may EXPECT YOU to pay for a specific data plan that ALLOWS it. But, for the most part, they can't tell that either as many people can attest to.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Look at it as the ability to connect your PC to the Treo via BT and access the internet over GPRS or GPRS EDGE. While the capability is included in the phone, it is not clear any carrier will support it, or that they will support it only as a premium priced service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    ahhhhhhhhhhh, kewl...just found that site thx.

well, see Uall around next Tues...I'm really going to try to have a live now... we'll see how that werkx out
    All right! We can talk about him now! Ha ha, Just kidding. We know you can't resist Tanner, you'll still check up on us before Tuesday...
    well I got my treo 650 today. The is the most awesome phone I have ever laid my hands on. So far, I have not noticed any of the problems noted in the cdma version. I dont have the bluetooth equipment yet, so unable to give any info on it.
    I Just recieved a Call from My Cingular data rep , She said that Cingular announced release late this afternoon and she was taking orders for next day delivery. The price she quoted Me was $399 ,,, I Placed the order but due to the fact that it was after 5:00 pm here i wont recieve it till Monday Morning. She plans on Hand delivering it yo My Office. Not sure what I will do about My VC order that will Be here in another Month.....
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Barney
    I'm sure someone on this board (like me) would buy your VC order if it was unlocked.
    I doubt you'd have a hard time finding someone to take it off your hands!
    In NYC area cingular just released the LG F9100 on their site, i wonder if thats a sign the 650 will be on the site soon. Do they tend to wait a bit and release phones around the same time?
    Please ignore this link if you don't
    MetroPCS out bids for Houston area rights

http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=21220
    San Francisco also.
    Quote Originally Posted by evildead
    In NYC area cingular just released the LG F9100 on their site, i wonder if thats a sign the 650 will be on the site soon. Do they tend to wait a bit and release phones around the same time?
    Hi all! I've been a lurker here for quite some time now. Thanks everyone for all the great info and tips.

Just wanted to inform you all that I too was able to order a Treo 650 through Cingular Blue (AT&T Wireless Business) this morning. Through my business account I got it for $399 and had to sign for two years. But the best part was that I got to keep my $99 charter offer! It was not easy to get this to happen but I really had to fight for it. I called several reps and ended up talking to an upper-level manager. I also had to add on a 7.99 data plan but I'm hoping to upgrade that to an unlimited plan in the future.

Everyone keep faith. It'll be out for all consumers soon! Don't give up!
    Yes, but I'm not buying from vc so that doesn't help me or most users.

There may to a "patch" to unlock the Cingular one, but I'm not really interested in that. Additionally, none of the Cingular stores I've talked to will sell a phone without a contract. I suppose you might be able to pay P1 full price for it, but if I'm paying full price I want an unlocked unbranded Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the vc buyers will get an unlocked phone. when will we get? who knows.

but now that shadow is on the case. i have no doubt cingular's will be unlocked b4 the weekend.

ok, maybe monday.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You posted some speeds of 175k before but I assume that wasn't with a Treo 650 right? The speeds I've seen posted so far are all slower than what I'm getting on a Sprint 650. I always get between 110 - 119k. This is with one or two bars only. Anyone getting faster than that with an EDGE Treo 650 (other devices or cards don't count here).

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    I think I have been posting speeds I got using that test on this thread for a little while now... I know I posted some, how many I don't know.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    bcaslis, you are assuming incorrectly about my previous posts.
    Last edited by helpermonkey; 01/27/2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    Barney
    I'm sure someone on this board (like me) would buy your VC order if it was unlocked.
    I doubt you'd have a hard time finding someone to take it off your hands!
    Sorry its going to one of the guys in the office , we Need 12 all together
    crap, treonaut's counter said something like "you can buy it now" a few hours ago, now it says 5 days 13hrs. I guess the consumer launch is next week