Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, just finished a Pa1mOne Webinar (Medical apps) co-hosted by Cingular. They would not divulge any info on the availability of the Cingular T650, but referred folks to this site:

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...lmone650.jhtml

for more information.
    I remember that from the 600 hundred. I pushed that button dozens of times. They have yet to notify me of the availability of the 600 GSM. It is just one more tease. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    I think I would be jumping to Sprint too if it weren't for the promise of EDGE on Cingular....

And where the heck is T-Mobile going to fit into this mess? I guess if I were to wait for a PalmOne Unlocked 650, I could just keep my T-Mobile plan....but again, I want the faster EDGE connection! :/
    EDGE only gets you a tiny bump over the speed that Sprint has been delivering on the 600 for a year.

T-Mo has said that they will have EDGE in some US markets in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I know everyone is anxious to get the Treo 650. But I really really really really think that if you can be patient, that in 1-2 weeks (at most) you'll have no trouble getting a Treo 650 from PalmOne directly. Unlocked? I don't know, but P1 people said that the unlocked should be available near the Cingular release, but at the very least they should be able to sell you the Cingular version. I'm only saying this for people that seem to be willing to sign up for plans they don't want just to get the 650.
    The PalmOne retail (Palm Cafe) store says they'll have the 650 GSM "beginning of Feb." which, if you do the math is 5-18 days away. I should have asked if that included unlocked (I only assumed it did based on what I've heard so far.) But if Palm Cafe is selling them, then the web store will be selling them at the same time.
    We're talking a few more day here. Then get the 650, get media works, and you'll be stoked.
    My advice. Find something else to focus on for a week, forget about this site, and check back in a week. It'll do wonders for your obsession
    Been Patient And Jerked around Since November, Would have Been Easier to deal with If at the roadshow they had shown nothing But Sprint Phones.. As it was all I saw at the roadshow in Chicago were GSM 650's
    My goodness ..... enough already! You bought the 600 and you're gonna buy the 650 ...... so obviously it is "shame on you." Just deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    They have yet to notify me of the availability of the 600 GSM. It is just one more tease. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    My goodness ..... enough already! You bought the 600 and you're gonna buy the 650 ...... so obviously it is "shame on you." Just deal with it.
    Perhaps. I even hope so. However, it is far from certain. I am waiting for the reports from early adopters. So far they do not sound encouraging.

I am happy with my 600. I need more memory. I do not plan to pay more than $40 for data; it must be EDGE and I must be able to use PDANet (so far have not succeeded in doing that over Cingular, even on the 600.)

Lot of open questions. All that said, I suppose that I have held on as they have jerked me around.
    hi, guess what...I still don't have a t650 yep, not big surprise.
    I just registered for this site after following the threads for many weeks. As I plan to have a T-650 once they finally come out it seems it will be useful for questions.

I have a few questions maybe someone can help me with.

1) What is the advantage of unlocked vs. locked?
    2) I have come across postings where the T-650 is at certain Cingular stores in Washington DC. One of the postings had a phone number for the store which I called and the salesperson verified they had a few in stock. My question is, do these devices typically swing from east coast first and then across to the west coast? I love in LA and thought with a trillion freakin people here this would be a primary target market.
    3) Why are the Cingular sales people all over town telling me everything from, "Any day now" to "Cingular won't actually see the T-650 here in LA until mid-march". Are they useless for information or are they as in the dark as we have all been?

The last sales person was actually irritated that I was asking the question and told me I should try looking at things from her viewpoint (I would if only I could get my head that far up my a$$).
    4) Finally, what is bluetooth DUN that I have seen people refer to in this thread?

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Not in a box.
    Not with a fox.
    Not in a house.
    Not with a mouse.
    I do not like them here or there.
    I would not join them anywhere.
    I do no like Sprint data plan.
    I do not CDMA,
    Specimen38-I-am.

Specimen38 - you are a class act all the way man.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Specimen38 - you are a class act all the way man.
    True but he has deserted us. He thinks the 650 GSM is available and has moved on to a new thread.
    True but he has deserted us. He thinks the 650 GSM is available and has moved on to a new thread.
    no way seriously!?!

If anyone wants the AT&T B2B guy who sold me the phone extension...PM me
    1. you MUST sign up for new service w/ AT&T
    2. you MUST purchase a DATA plan
    3. you could NOT have cancelled service w/ Cingular to do this w/in the last 6 months... ( I tried it) PUNKS
    no way seriously!?!

If anyone wants the AT&T B2B guy who sold me the phone extension...PM me
    1. you MUST sign up for new service w/ AT&T
    2. you MUST purchase a DATA plan
    3. you could NOT have cancelled service w/ Cingular to do this w/in the last 6 months... ( I tried it) PUNKS
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoshuatree
    I just registered for this site after following the threads for many weeks. As I plan to have a T-650 once they finally come out it seems it will be useful for questions.

Locking relates to a carrier. A locked phone can only be used on the carrier who sold it. Thus, if you go to Europe or Asia, you cannot put in a local SIM to get local rates on local calls. You might have to pay roaming rates for a local call.

2) I have come across postings where the T-650 is at certain Cingular stores in Washington DC. One of the postings had a phone number for the store which I called and the salesperson verified they had a few in stock. My question is, do these devices typically swing from east coast first and then across to the west coast? I love in LA and thought with a trillion freakin people here this would be a primary target market.
    Cannot speak to it. My local store has not even heard of it

3) Why are the Cingular sales people all over town telling me everything from, "Any day now" to "Cingular won't actually see the T-650 here in LA until mid-march". Are they useless for information or are they as in the dark as we have all been?

The last sales person was actually irritated that I was asking the question and told me I should try looking at things from her viewpoint (I would if only I could get my head that far up my a$$).
    Never have been a very good source. In this case, it is complicated by a lack of candor on Cingular's part. They have not "announced" the phone; rumor has it that they may not do so for weeks. Many of the stores are operated by agents and they are just as confused as we are.

4) Finally, what is bluetooth DUN that I have seen people refer to in this thread?

Look at it as the ability to connect your PC to the Treo via BT and access the internet over GPRS or GPRS EDGE. While the capability is included in the phone, it is not clear any carrier will support it, or that they will support it only as a premium priced service.
    Last edited by whmurray; 01/27/2005 at 03:28 PM.
    I doubt that you will find anyone authorized to talk to you or acknowledge that there is a problem. At one level it is one more tease. At another it is so ridiculous as to be funny. It is clearly intentional. It is difficult to believe that there is any advantage to them that is sufficient to justify alienating a whole segment of influential customers.
    Well you were correct. (I sorta knew it myself but I felt I had to call.) Actually didn't get to talk to anyone when I called the US number. They have recorded message telling you they can't tell you anything so please leave them alone. I called a Canadian number and dealt with the rudest, jerkiest, ********. I don't know us Canadians are getting cranky because of the hockey strike or if P1 just has a policy of being rude to customers but this guy was a real jerk. He was openly contemptuous of my question about when the GSM 650 would be aviable, like he couldn't understand why I would ask such a question.

I am officially sad. I see people posting things like "be patient the I'm sure unlocked version will be available from P1 in a couple of weeks." Please share with me how you know this? Why you believe this? (I believed once that the unlocked version would be release when the cingular version was released, now I have this sneaking suspician and fear that it won't be out for months. Literally months - which means I don't get one, periond. I'll before a piece of crap pda2k before I wait another 2 months. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm completely irrational, but I really think P1 have been total idiots in how they've handled the 650 release.

Okay rant over. Question: Does anyone remember how long it took after the first GSM locked 600's were out for the unlocked 600's to be released by P1?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Clearly they are still playing games. AT&T and Cingular can play all they like. They still will not get back all the customers they have lost to Sprint in the last three months.

Just checked my Cingular retail account site. They show the 600 but no 650. My local Cingular store has heard nothing.
    whmurray, I realize you are pissed and all, but seriously are you trying to bring everyone down. Seems like you have nothing good to say...

if you think Cingular is hurting from the early adopters who switched to Sprint, I admit that sucks for Cingular they left, but seriously there are too few to make any difference.

Some reading for you all
    Cingular post merger results (Q4)

Sorry, I lost my link tot he more down to earth article that wasn't full of financial speak.

1) was covered already
    2)maybe the distro. point is closer to North East? D.C. is the nations capitol so it has importance, but doubt that would have anything to do with it.
    3) if anyone ever treats you badly, please speak to their manager. If that doesn't work, get their manager's contact info. That is bull and companies don't want employee's like that.
    4)covered too
    The unlocked Treo 600 (in the U.S.) was released at exactly the same time as the T-Mobile one. As I recall the order was:

Sprint: October
    Cingular: mid to late November (was unlocked also, but 650 isn't)
    T-Mobile & unlocked in U.S.: February/March
    Verizon: don't remember for sure, June?

I have this very bad feeling that the unlocked 650 isn't going to be availble until T-Mobile has it also. The only real contradiction to this is the poster saying the P1 retail stores are claiming to get it soon. But you know this is just some sales guy. He may be referring to the Cingular version and just calling it unlocked out of lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Well you were correct. (I sorta knew it myself but I felt I had to call.) Actually didn't get to talk to anyone when I called the US number. They have recorded message telling you they can't tell you anything so please leave them alone. I called a Canadian number and dealt with the rudest, jerkiest, ********. I don't know us Canadians are getting cranky because of the hockey strike or if P1 just has a policy of being rude to customers but this guy was a real jerk. He was openly contemptuous of my question about when the GSM 650 would be aviable, like he couldn't understand why I would ask such a question.

I am officially sad. I see people posting things like "be patient the I'm sure unlocked version will be available from P1 in a couple of weeks." Please share with me how you know this? Why you believe this? (I believed once that the unlocked version would be release when the cingular version was released, now I have this sneaking suspician and fear that it won't be out for months. Literally months - which means I don't get one, periond. I'll before a piece of crap pda2k before I wait another 2 months. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm completely irrational, but I really think P1 have been total idiots in how they've handled the 650 release.

Okay rant over. Question: Does anyone remember how long it took after the first GSM locked 600's were out for the unlocked 600's to be released by P1?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    The unlocked Treo 600 (in the U.S.) was released at exactly the same time as the T-Mobile one. As I recall the order was:

Sprint: October
    Cingular: mid to late November (was unlocked also, but 650 isn't)
    T-Mobile & unlocked in U.S.: February/March
    Verizon: don't remember for sure, June?

I have this very bad feeling that the unlocked 650 isn't going to be availble until T-Mobile has it also. The only real contradiction to this is the poster saying the P1 retail stores are claiming to get it soon. But you know this is just some sales guy. He may be referring to the Cingular version and just calling it unlocked out of lack of knowledge.
    Thanks for the reply. It's not encouraging, but it gives me some historical perspective. If all goes as it did with the 600 I could be looking at Spring/Summer. Oh well I guess my only options are wait angrily, wait calmly, or buy something else. Has anyone heard anything from Vienna Channels. Aren't those supposed to be unlocked/unbranded direct from P1?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    waiting...
    I HATE waiting especially since I thought I was going to have a Treo 650 in my hand tomorrow.... No I probably have to wait a week.. This Sucks.... But I will not go to Sprint and thier horrible Cust. Service.....
    anyone else ever check this site out:

www.dslreports.com/mspeed

it's a mobile speed test