Page 114 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by brynat
    What about those of us who already have Cingular? We get screwed so they can get new customers? I really want this phone and I'm not switching carriers because it's too much of a pain, but this really upsets me. All these "preorders" require new service...
    Maybe you could cancel and start a new account with a different credit card?
    Will it be locked to ATT? or will you be able to use it with a Cingular SIM? (or are they the same now? sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not a Cingular user yet).
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Will it be locked to ATT? or will you be able to use it with a Cingular SIM? (or are they the same now? sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm not a Cingular user yet).
    Thanks.
    Locked to AT&T.. need Cingular Treo to use cingular sim
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNeedsaTreo
    Can we get it thru AT&T, with a one yr contract, and altho forced to take the data plan, cancel it after a month?
    This would be interesting to know. Also, what data plan would you later take at a decent rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Clearly they are still playing games. AT&T and Cingular can play all they like. They still will not get back all the customers they have lost to Sprint in the last three months.

Just checked my Cingular retail account site. They show the 600 but no 650. My local Cingular store has heard nothing.

This man speaks tha truth...I'm still playin' w/ the SprintPCS bit...b/c I'm NEVER out of the country..and if I was...I wouldn't have a plan anyway!

and their DATA IS SOOOOOOO CHEAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Locked to AT&T.. need Cingular Treo to use cingular sim
    Why is it locked to AT&T? I thought ATT and Cingular were one now....

And why did the guy in the original post regarding ordering today say he was talking to Cingular's B2B, but now people are saying it's AT&T?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro

And why did the guy in the original post regarding ordering today say he was talking to Cingular's B2B, but now people are saying it's AT&T?
    AT&T was bringing the phone out before the merger.. So they continued with the release of their locked phone.. The AT&T and Cingular billing systems are still seperate and therefore only track and bill their own sims.

I was one of those saying that Cingular was shipping today.. Because I called the Cingular B2B, but they sell both side of the service, and so they were selling the phone I was asking about.. Didn't mention AT&T until I questioned the $50 data service.

I had the wrong info

The number I gave 866 429 7222 is for ATTWireless National Business Ordering (NBO)

they WILL Sell you a 650 ONLY if you signup for a new DATA plan.

funny thing is:
    Data plan 10mb $29.99/mo DOES NOT INCLUDE SMS OR even MMS!

I actually laughed out loud about that one! It's completely absurd.

I'm so gone to Sprint. What a bunch of crap.
    I know everyone is anxious to get the Treo 650. But I really really really really think that if you can be patient, that in 1-2 weeks (at most) you'll have no trouble getting a Treo 650 from PalmOne directly. Unlocked? I don't know, but P1 people said that the unlocked should be available near the Cingular release, but at the very least they should be able to sell you the Cingular version. I'm only saying this for people that seem to be willing to sign up for plans they don't want just to get the 650.
    The PalmOne retail (Palm Cafe) store says they'll have the 650 GSM "beginning of Feb." which, if you do the math is 5-18 days away. I should have asked if that included unlocked (I only assumed it did based on what I've heard so far.) But if Palm Cafe is selling them, then the web store will be selling them at the same time.
    We're talking a few more day here. Then get the 650, get media works, and you'll be stoked.
    My advice. Find something else to focus on for a week, forget about this site, and check back in a week. It'll do wonders for your obsession
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I think I would be jumping to Sprint too if it weren't for the promise of EDGE on Cingular....

And where the heck is T-Mobile going to fit into this mess? I guess if I were to wait for a PalmOne Unlocked 650, I could just keep my T-Mobile plan....but again, I want the faster EDGE connection! :/
    Ok, I just ordered my 650 from AT&T. It was a line specifically for IBM employees, so I can't give it out. But I'm sure it's tied into their regular business to business area. At first, the person said they weren't available. I pressed a little, she put me on hold for a while, and voila, she came back and asked what address I wanted it shipped to. I'm psyched! Should have it in 24 hours (one thing AT&T is awesome at, I always receive the phone the next day after ordering!). I made *sure* it was a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver4243
    Ok, I just ordered my 650 from AT&T. It was a line specifically for IBM employees, so I can't give it out. But I'm sure it's tied into their regular business to business area. At first, the person said they weren't available. I pressed a little, she put me on hold for a while, and voila, she came back and asked what address I wanted it shipped to. I'm psyched! Should have it in 24 hours (one thing AT&T is awesome at, I always receive the phone the next day after ordering!). I made *sure* it was a 650.
    Be careful, I think this one is locked to the AT&T SIM! If that's what you want, then no problem. As I mentioned in another thread that if it's locked to the AT&T SIM, call back and demand the unlock code so it'll work with the Cingular SIM Worth a shot.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm in the webinar for the medical thing and they said they are going to address the Cingular release during it.
    I think I would be jumping to Sprint too if it weren't for the promise of EDGE on Cingular....

And where the heck is T-Mobile going to fit into this mess? I guess if I were to wait for a PalmOne Unlocked 650, I could just keep my T-Mobile plan....but again, I want the faster EDGE connection! :/
    As I have a 600, I would not be getting the 650 if it wasn't for EDGE.
    The T-Mobile model is rumored to be out in April. But yes, if you're willing to pony up for the unlocked, then that's your best bet (plus, you can change carriers if you ever want to.)
    I still have faith that the unlocked version will be available within the next couple weeks at most (as rumored.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    As I have a 600, I would not be getting the 650 if it wasn't for EDGE.
    The T-Mobile model is rumored to be out in April. But yes, if you're willing to pony up for the unlocked, then that's your best bet (plus, you can change carriers if you ever want to.)
    I still have faith that the unlocked version will be available within the next couple weeks at most (as rumored.)
    more than likely, t-mobile will launch their version of the 650 once they've incorporated EDGE into their network, both of which are predicted to rollout sometime late Q2, early Q3 of 2005.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I know everyone is anxious to get the Treo 650. But I really really really really think that if you can be patient, that in 1-2 weeks (at most) you'll have no trouble getting a Treo 650 from PalmOne directly. Unlocked? I don't know, but P1 people said that the unlocked should be available near the Cingular release, but at the very least they should be able to sell you the Cingular version. I'm only saying this for people that seem to be willing to sign up for plans they don't want just to get the 650.
    The PalmOne retail (Palm Cafe) store says they'll have the 650 GSM "beginning of Feb." which, if you do the math is 5-18 days away. I should have asked if that included unlocked (I only assumed it did based on what I've heard so far.) But if Palm Cafe is selling them, then the web store will be selling them at the same time.
    We're talking a few more day here. Then get the 650, get media works, and you'll be stoked.
    My advice. Find something else to focus on for a week, forget about this site, and check back in a week. It'll do wonders for your obsession
    Great advice! I only wish it was possible. It is more than an obsession to check all these sites. It is an addiction.
    Was able to order through At&t NBO. It will be here tomorrow. They said within the next 24hrs you will be able to order it without a new line. Has something to do with the way it was entered into their system. Doesn't matter for me because the SIM will just get passed on to the next employee that starts.
    FWIW, just finished a Pa1mOne Webinar (Medical apps) co-hosted by Cingular. They would not divulge any info on the availability of the Cingular T650, but referred folks to this site:

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...lmone650.jhtml

for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, just finished a Pa1mOne Webinar (Medical apps) co-hosted by Cingular. They would not divulge any info on the availability of the Cingular T650, but referred folks to this site:

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...lmone650.jhtml

for more information.
    I was there too... Unfortantely I'm not he winner of the Free Treo 650.. Yeah that is the same webpage that has been around since Dec.
    One more tease. This time it is "really, realliy, really, really" true. We just have to be patient. This is, after all, our fault. P1 is blameless.