Page 111 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2657
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    besides common sense is overrated.
    Cause and Effect. There is a reason the GSM Treo 650 isn't yet available. And while I do think, when I place all this hub bub in proper perspective, that all this energy regarding a smartphone is a little silly, I am still checking the website every hour and hitting all the usual haunts. Therefore, I acknowledge the insignificance of it all and participate anyway because I want the phone RIGHT NOW...just like everyone else. And if common sense is overrated it's because it's common...
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I thought you were sleeping.
    Do you Treocentral in your sleep?
    obsessed.
    LOL...wh, you were right all along. It's a cycle. Release date build up, then big drop-off. The discouraged defer to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    The rats are deserting the ship.
    Guys,

I have been reading this post for the past week and can't help but get all anxious and stuff. So finally decided to register to the forum and share something w/ you all.

I decided to call Cingular (Business Solution) and find out for myself what's going on. I asked if the Treo 650 was available and she told me no, but that it will be tommorow (Thursday). So I could not place the order then but I that I could tommorow. She said to give her my information so that she could call me on Thursday to place the order.

She gave me her information so I could call her tommorow incase I decide to order. (I am still in contract w/ T-Mobile)

Below is her information and ext. #

Ellen
    800-342-9212
    ext 6721
    she will be working from Noon to 9pm

Phone prices (think we all know this)
    $549.99 (Original Price)
    $499.99 1/yr commitment
    $449.99 2/yr commitment

Available rate plans w/ this phone.
    $49.99 unlimited data (data plan)
    $59.99 900 minutes
    $49.99 600 minutes

What she was telling me was they were not going to sell the phone to anybody unless they purchase it w/ a rate plan. Thought that was odd but guess its normal.

I REALLY do not know if any of this information helps you all. Just thought I would pass it along.
    Last edited by phsv; 01/27/2005 at 02:04 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    What? What happened to the $40.00 unlimited PDA Data plan? I've never even heard of this $50 one. AT&T wireless used to have an "unlimited PDA data plan" for $50, or $40 w/ a voice plan (I used to have it.) Maybe since the merger they adopted this $50 plan. In particular there's something called "Xpress Mail Network Edition" which includes email and unlimited data. http://www.cingular.com/business/xpress_mail_ne_more
    Even if you don't want the email, you could sign up for this plan and just never follow through with the email configuration, it's at least better than this BS $50.
    Don't fall for the forced data plan, they should be able to sell it to you w/o the plan. Then find a way to get Media Works.
    I was asking her what was the name of the data plan that she was reffering to but she didn't have a name for it. I asked if it was the Media Works and she said that it was the "unlimited data plan". So, that was that.
    That sounds like something from The Kinsey Report ... or my honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    LOL...wh, you were right all along. It's a cycle. Release date build up, then big drop-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    My prediction is that if you don't see the unlocked offered within a week of the Cingular version, you aren't going to see it until after T-Mobile offers it.
    If that is the case, how long will it take for someone to crack the code and get it unlocked? How long did the T600 take?
    I wanted the unlocked one, but if I have to wait another 3 months to get it, I am buying Cingular's. Palm, is that what you wanted to hear?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    That sounds like something from The Kinsey Report ... or my honeymoon.
    Reminds me of the one about the IBM salesman who sat on the edge of the bed and talked about how good it was going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I wanted the unlocked one, but if I have to wait another 3 months to get it, I am buying Cingular's. Palm, is that what you wanted to hear?
    No, they wanted to hear that you were going to defect to Sprint. At this point they will not even settle. Perhaps some day.
    My kids want to know why they are not allowed to play this game. No sex. No violence. But boy is it sleazy.
    Who is going to be the last defector to Sprint? I believe that if Specimen38 were to sign up for Sprint, the rest of us could have our phone.
    cingular B2B Has it today.

@ the prices stated above
    and booooooooooy were they EVER ready to sell me a DATA plan! BAAWHAHAHAHA!
    so, if the unlocked phone wont be available until after t-mo releases it, what are we VC buyers getting?

i stopped getting all hyped about rumours when we went through this with the 600. it is released it isnt. no worries. wait a little longer.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so, if the unlocked phone wont be available until after t-mo releases it, what are we VC buyers getting?......
    Experience? Older? Wiser?
    Anyone have a # for Cingualr B2B?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    cingular B2B Has it today.

@ the prices stated above
    Good! Does that mean tonight I can start posting in the new thread (Got 650 GSM or what ever spec.38 calls it - for the 650 GSM owners)?

The conspiracy theories are getting so so tired on this one. The negativity is killing my enthusiasm for the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Experience? Older? Wiser?

bawawhahahah!