Page 110 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I hear you and you have a point. On the other hand I just don't care. I'm putting my selfish, self-interested consumer hat on. I don't have to "get it." I just want this product and if they can't sell it to me by now, and they can't even tell me when they can sell it to me then they don't deserve my business.

Of course I'm just being impatient because I really like what they've designed so I tip my selfish, self-interested consumer hat to them for that.
    Ha, well I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Companies don't release dates when they kno they can't promise one. It's that simple....
    BS! Those who cannot commit a date do not leak, much less tease. This is a game and we are the losers. This is not about us and not about the GSM phone. This is all about P1 and Sprint.
    I already returned a 650 from Sprint, it was crap. They better have the bugs worked out and ready tomorrow, or I'm busting some heads!

Okay, no I'm not, but I have been carrying a Treo since the day the 300 came out - I need me a Treo and I need it NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    All signs are that this thing is not available for purchase tomorrow.
    GSM carriers are losing there customers with this delay.
    CDMA T650 for <$325 looks very attractive and so does keeping your T600 until,CDMA700 is announced.
    That is as it is supposed to be. If you do not absolutely require GSM, you are supposed to go to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    In another thread here, someone who attended the webinar today said that the P1 reps said the unlocked GSM would not be available until after all the carriers released.

This is exactly what they did with the 600. Anyone have any indications this is so?
    They do not even know who "all" the carriers are.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    Since many of you are Cingular customers already, maybe you can help me out. I'm switching from Sprint to Cingular, and I'm trying to compare their data services to Vision.....
    P1 does not want you to do that.
    PLAIN NONSENSE.
    BUNCH OF BUFFOONS.
    TWO BIG COMPANIES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONSUMER RESPONSIBILTY, TO COME OUT WITH AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT/PRESS RELEASE ABOUT DELAY, IF NOT APOLOGY.
    You will argue they don't have to ,but it will be nice if they do.
    Think of a dentist who keeps on rescheduling your extraction appointments without contacting you or explaining.
    Here's what's nonsense ... you demanding an apology for a promise that was NEVER made! Neither Palm One or Cingular ever officially announced a launch date, so no delay can exist. Stop the madness, for the love of everything good in the World, stop the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    PLAIN NONSENSE.
    BUNCH OF BUFFOONS.
    TWO BIG COMPANIES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONSUMER RESPONSIBILTY, TO COME OUT WITH AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT/PRESS RELEASE ABOUT DELAY, IF NOT APOLOGY.
    You will argue they don't have to ,but it will be nice if they do.
    Think of a dentist who keeps on rescheduling your extraction appointments without contacting you or explaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    P1 does not want you to do that.
    Thanks for your input. Not even close to answering my question, but I'm sure I'm smarter for having read this reply.
    In this situation they are referring to the U.S., so "all" is easy. It's Cingular (AT&T) and T-Mobile. This is exactly what they did when they released the Treo 600. I'm beginning to believe this is what they will do with 650 also. My prediction is that if you don't see the unlocked offered within a week of the Cingular version, you aren't going to see it until after T-Mobile offers it.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    They do not even know who "all" the carriers are.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    yah, I'm not buying that. I have seen no indication that will be the case.
    seriously, let's all hope she's wrong. i can hardly wait another day, let alone another week, or *gasp* a full month!
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    Here's what's nonsense ... you demanding an apology for a promise that was NEVER made! Neither Palm One or Cingular ever officially announced a launch date, so no delay can exist. Stop the madness, for the love of everything good in the World, stop the madness.
    As far as i remember at the time of roadshow and CDMA release,people were told GSM version will be released later in December. I agree that no definite date was given ,which off course is there hypocrisy, most likely incompetence .January is gone and still no comments but they seem to be enjoying the confusion.
    Lots of coming soon's on AT&Tand Palm website with abrupt withdrawl of advertisement and webpictures, that's not madness........
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I think people are letting enthusiasm and impatience push aside common sense.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    1/27 ... where's the treo?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Now Where's My Gsm 650!
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    1/27 ... where's the treo?
    no treo...game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU
    I think people are letting enthusiasm and impatience push aside common sense.
    How so exactly?

People want a product but there is no word on it, while the CDMA version has been available for months from Sprint. For a lot of us Sprint and/or CDMA is not an option so we wait or we face purchasing something else. It's frustrating to be a position where you've compared models, features, price and decided on something, and you've had a reasonable expectation that it would be available soon and you're still waiting with no idea as to how much longer it's going to take before you can purchase said product.

I think that P1 themselves put a "coming soon" GSM splash on their front page a couple of weeks ago only to pull it a few days later contributes to confusion and frustration.

Common sense dictates that a company would take better of their customers and manage the release of their products with more professionalism.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    besides common sense is overrated.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    b2b is closed
    I thought you were sleeping.
    Do you Treocentral in your sleep?