Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    I almost forgot to share with my GSM brothers about this most unconfirmed rumor:

I talked to a Customer Rep at Cingular last night and asked for the availability date on the Treo 650. She totally did not know about the phone. She looked it up in her system, and found some Treo 650 info. She said that the info was entered into the system on Oct 11th. She said it will probably come out before X'mas. I asked her why she thinks that. She said the phone usually comes out a couple of months after it's entered into the system.

Mid-Dec is now my very hopeful date. Maybe Santa will get it for me just in time for X'mas.

Thought I'd share a little GSM hope to everyone... however faint the light at the end of the tunnel may be.

Cheers!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Patience is a Virtue Let the Sprint Users Get all the Bugs out of the Phone Portion before We get our GSM 650's
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    I almost forgot to share with my GSM brothers about this most unconfirmed rumor:

I talked to a Customer Rep at Cingular last night and asked for the availability date on the Treo 650. She totally did not know about the phone. She looked it up in her system, and found some Treo 650 info. She said that the info was entered into the system on Oct 11th. She said it will probably come out before X'mas. I asked her why she thinks that. She said the phone usually comes out a couple of months after it's entered into the system.

Mid-Dec is now my very hopeful date. Maybe Santa will get it for me just in time for X'mas.

Thought I'd share a little GSM hope to everyone... however faint the light at the end of the tunnel may be.

Cheers!
    thats good news! if it is already in the computer system, it is only a matter of time
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    So who is going to start a new thread titled, "GSM 650 to Release w/ 128MB Memory upgrade" just to shake up some people up? Ok, not a good idea.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    So who is going to start a new thread titled, "GSM 650 to Release w/ 128MB Memory upgrade" just to shake up some people up? Ok, not a good idea.
    I heard it was 256MB.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Waiting for GSM...
    I have GSM. I acquired it late, with some difficulty and cost. I plan to stay with it (at least until there is a succesor to it to which I can port my data and applications. )
    GSMers,

I hope this doesn't come across as smug and gloating, but I can not say that I am I feeling sorry for those posting a plethora of new threads about problems they are having with their CDMA Treo 650s. The problems other forum members will give PalmOne enough time to work out more of the bugs for us and we will be the beneficiaries of the madness presently being posted in the forum. I am so glad that it's not me posting:

"PalmOne Are You Listening?"
    "650 stuck in endless reset loop after initial sync"
    "Thanks for the Memory Issues... "
    "650 Software bug? Versamail causing reboot? "
    "CRASH!!! on the 650!! "

Cheers!
    don't speak too soon my friend, we may end up on that boat too
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    If Palm does anything less than putting more physical memory into the Treo 650's, I'm going to get an iMate PDA2K.
    Currently researching Blackberry 7290... Please P1 get it right before the GSM 650's ship... we're counting on you.

Todd/Indy
    I dont think the 650 will be released to late 05
    for GSM
    The problem I see least likely to be corrected with the GSM version of the 650 is memory.

I would imagine that the GSM versions are already in boxes and shrink-wrapped in tamper-proof plastic in some warehouse waiting for the Sprint CDMA versions to clear the runway.

Does anyone remember on the T600 whether or not the GSM versions were less buggy than the CDMA versions?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweezal
    for GSM
    Oh really? And how would you know that?

January 2005 seems to be most people's best guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Oh really? And how would you know that?

January 2005 seems to be most people's best guess?
    SeldomVisitor says February and he is a notorious optimist.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    The problem I see least likely to be corrected with the GSM version of the 650 is memory.

I would imagine that the GSM versions are already in boxes and shrink-wrapped in tamper-proof plastic in some warehouse waiting for the Sprint CDMA versions to clear the runway.
    Well, that is one reason. Another is that it is not an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Does anyone remember on the T600 whether or not the GSM versions were less buggy than the CDMA versions?
    Not much different, as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Well, that is one reason. Another is that it is not an easy fix.

CDMA has always and continues to be more buggy. The have several issues still. They had an immediate firmware update because of zero battery life. It only ever improved slightly. If CDMA installs any email or AIM program they have much less battery life. They still have the issue if email program is checking in background, calls go to email. Call waiting issue, cannot selectively disconnect. The 57% battery life issue that won't let them make calls. Compare posts on Vision vs. GSM data issues.

I know Treos have never been shrink wrapped closed (usually a sticker) but I highly doubt they will be making any changes at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweezal
    for GSM
    I doubt that
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    whmurray & cglaguna,

What do you remember? What were the problems with last year's release of the GSM T600?

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray

cglaguna has a different recollection. I won't this info. for my own personal consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    CDMA has always and continues to be more buggy.
    This thread is falling behind. I had to go to 2nd page to find it.
    Hang in there, hopefully few more weeks (praying for a december GSM release)
    I know some of you are having second thoughts ...,with all the action going on 1st page and not being able to actively partcipate in it......
    GSM only for me.
    Last edited by Mtreosexual; 11/21/2004 at 10:56 AM.