Page 109 of 133 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110111112113114119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    Hey,

Pa1m0ne, the teasers...they've got a HUGE PIC of TREO 650 NOW SHIPPING!

man...they really know how to yank our chains I'm just hoping that it's there b/c they're gonna be available w/in the next 5hrs and 50 minutes EST

When you click on it, it is only available for Sprint. They've had that on the website since they took down the "GSM coming soon" teaser last week. I just want the damn phone already!

(You're not kidding--what a big bunch of teasers!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    What's starting to **** me off is the COMPLETE LACK OF OFFICIAL INFORMATION! I mean the phone isn't a secret. GSM specs are available on P1 website. Sprint version is out in the world. WHY CAN'T THEY SET A DATE, ANNOUNCE THAT DATE AND STICK TO IT! I think the frustration comes from the perception by everyone of delays. Sure P1 can say: "We never said just before Christmas. We never said January 26th. We're not saying February 5th so don't get mad if that doesn't happen." But what does P1 expect to happen. Obviously Cingular B2B reps were quoting dates. Maybe those dates were just pulled from their [bums] because they thought it was funny to jerk everyone around or maybe Cingular planned on those releases and one thing or another prevented them. I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! P1 had to know that this would happen. It shows a total lack of respect for core customers - early adopters - people who go out into the world and convince friends, family, neighbors that this is the phone to have. P1 has totally f**ked this release up.

I will probably buy the 650 whenever it comes out because I still think it's the best phone on the market but eventually someone else is going to release something competitive and when that happens I'll happily jump ship and stop giving these P1 clowns my money! (phew. Okay I feel a bit better now.)
    Companies don't release dates when they kno they can't promise one. It's that simple. Some people on here just don't get it. I think the forum is the biggest source of false news due to people asking others who would not know about the release, they get false info (shocker) and then post it on here. Give that past a few days and it is the rule. Then everyone freaks out when it is wrong. Unoffical info is unofficial... I don't think some would be happy unless P1 did what ever was asked of them.
    we need pictures!!!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I thought that too, might be but they also showed contact view, and Peter Skillman's phone number matched the business card he gave me.

if i remember correctly, when handspring introduced the edge, hawkins (i have his emails address, but never used it) was demoing how quick you can find a contact and used dubinski's (I had her email and used it several times. she always replied). hew phone number came up. they edited the video of the event to stop her number from popping up.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    my distributor received an email this morning from cingular confirming the rumors of the launch delay. however, instead of next week, the release date has now been set as Q2 2005. i'm relieved and simultaneously agitated, as it's indicative that both p1 and cingular acknowledge the 650 is not ready for public release.

then again, bear in mind that my shop is a non-exclusive, indirect cingular store, so this news may not apply to the corporate/retail/b2b outlets.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I'm crying, but still hoping for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Companies don't release dates when they kno they can't promise one. It's that simple. Some people on here just don't get it. I think the forum is the biggest source of false news due to people asking others who would not know about the release, they get false info (shocker) and then post it on here. Give that past a few days and it is the rule. Then everyone freaks out when it is wrong. Unoffical info is unofficial... I don't think some would be happy unless P1 did what ever was asked of them.
    I hear you and you have a point. On the other hand I just don't care. I'm putting my selfish, self-interested consumer hat on. I don't have to "get it." I just want this product and if they can't sell it to me by now, and they can't even tell me when they can sell it to me then they don't deserve my business.

Of course I'm just being impatient because I really like what they've designed so I tip my selfish, self-interested consumer hat to them for that.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    In another thread here, someone who attended the webinar today said that the P1 reps said the unlocked GSM would not be available until after all the carriers released.

This is exactly what they did with the 600. Anyone have any indications this is so?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I hear you and you have a point. On the other hand I just don't care. I'm putting my selfish, self-interested consumer hat on. I don't have to "get it." I just want this product and if they can't sell it to me by now, and they can't even tell me when they can sell it to me then they don't deserve my business.

Of course I'm just being impatient because I really like what they've designed so I tip my selfish, self-interested consumer hat to them for that.

bawahahahhahahah!

screeeeeeeeeeeeeew 'em! baawhahahahah!

I just dropped cingular...retention didn't even TRY to give me a plan that was even CLOSE to what I need...aaaaaaaaaaannnd...of course, mentioned that SPRINT has the Treo 650...well, currently we don't offer that....

that's fine...lose a customer of 4 years. bawahhahah!

bye bye SUCKular! Hello Sprint and HELLO GSM

(unless they get it tomorrow)
    Since many of you are Cingular customers already, maybe you can help me out. I'm switching from Sprint to Cingular, and I'm trying to compare their data services to Vision. On their website the have "Data Plans" listed, but the appear to be for people that throw cards in their laptops.

I simply want to pull email all day long, send/receive about 20 SMS messages a day, and surf now and then. Can somebody help me understand what kind of plan I should go for there? I don't see anything that covers fetching POP/IMAP mail and surfing the web. There are some text messaging plans (SMS ... okay) and then some media BS (for sending photos?), I'm confused... I want one plan that let's me use all the Internet my Treo offers, unlimited like the Sprint would be ideal.
    All signs are that this thing is not available for purchase tomorrow.
    GSM carriers are losing there customers with this delay.
    CDMA T650 for <$325 looks very attractive and so does keeping your T600 until,CDMA700 is announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    I'm crying, but still hoping for tomorrow.
    Please don't do that infront of your kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    All signs are that this thing is not available for purchase tomorrow.
    GSM carriers are losing there customers with this delay.
    CDMA T650 for <$325 looks very attractive and so does keeping your T600 until,CDMA700 is announced.

I'm gone...anyone else sick of waiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I'm gone...anyone else sick of waiting?
    All right , its not happening tomorrow, call me a pessimist or whatever. That is the reality.
    Go Sleep, If you cann't sleep...
    a drink or two will help, but don't hit the sauce in excess, Liver is precious.After all it's just a damn PDAphone.

Please don't do that infront of your kids.
    My 3 year old daughter claims she is going to go get me one when they go to the store...
    My 3 year old daughter claims she is going to go get me one when they go to the store...
    I bet they do n't have to wait for there toys that long....
    Well, she is already talking about her next Santa visit. She knew I wanted a Treo 650 GSM for Christmas 04, and I was very optimistic. A big let down. "Mommy didn't get you a palm pilot phone? I'll get you one!" Pitter patter... She returns with her Strawberry Shortcake phone in hand. "Here you go!" Selfless little thing. Unfortunately, her phone didn't do what I needed...
    All right , its not happening tomorrow, call me a pessimist or whatever. That is the reality.
    Go Sleep, If you cann't sleep...
    a drink or two will help, but don't hit the sauce in excess, Liver is precious.After all it's just a damn PDAphone.

I'm going for sleep on this one

after I look @ Sprint's site some more It's so nice to just see the phone on there yay!
    Well, she is already talking about her next Santa visit. She knew I wanted a Treo 650 GSM for Christmas 04, and I was very optimistic. A big let down. "Mommy didn't get you a palm pilot phone? I'll get you one!" Pitter patter... She returns with her Strawberry Shortcake phone in hand. "Here you go!" Selfless little thing. Unfortunately, her phone didn't do what I needed...
    Cute

Cingular and P1 should be in for a little legal action for emotional tormenting of our innocent family members.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    my distributor received an email this morning from cingular confirming the rumors of the launch delay. however, instead of next week, the release date has now been set as Q2 2005. i'm relieved and simultaneously agitated, as it's indicative that both p1 and cingular acknowledge the 650 is not ready for public release.

then again, bear in mind that my shop is a non-exclusive, indirect cingular store, so this news may not apply to the corporate/retail/b2b outlets.
    yah, I'm not buying that. I have seen no indication that will be the case.