Page 107 of 133 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2657
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayswj
    Engadget has reported that the Cingular version has crippled bluetooth DUN. And that the hack does not work.. But Shadowmight will probably be able to fix that too..
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000983029058/
    Well, separate devices are starting to look better all the time. I jumped from Sprint (new address has no Sprint coverage) so switched to Cingular and sold the 2 month old Treo 650. Now using a Motorola v551 with an Axim x50v, so I've got GREAT voice quality; FASTER than PCS Vision with EDGE; bluetooth DUN (man, just got to love the VGA screen web surfing); and the icing on the cake - WIFI.

Sure, I'm back to 2 devices again (swore I'd never go there), but I've got every possible connection method available to me; can REALLY use the web (even that great Treo 650 screen was a little window on the real world) and can tether the phone to my Axim or my IBM Thinkpad almost anywhere.

Think about it...

PS - The Moto v551 is on sale until January 31; AND NO, I don't work for anyone in the telecommunications or computer industry.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    So all of You that are planning on attending the Webinar this afternoon What Should We ask Joe Fabris (The Palmone rep thats controlling the VC Program)....
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    My sister-in-law's company just sent her a BB 7290. I'm going to check it out ASAP. I'm almost at the end of my rope waiting for the 650 GSM. I just don't understand the never-ending cycle of bungled pa1mOne product launches. Why does everything have to happen in a veil of rumor and secrecy? What's the point of p1 asking, for instance, Treonauts, to take down the pic's of the Cingular 650? It's not like it's a **** secret! Just a bit of respect for enthusiastic (and mostly repeat) customers would be awfully nice.

Todd/Indy
    Agreed. I've been playing around with a co-worker's BlackBerry 7100 and I have to admit it's pretty nice. The predictive text entry works better than I expected, and I am getting sick and tired of waiting for Palm...
    Last edited by Rob; 01/26/2005 at 01:41 PM.
    What's starting to **** me off is the COMPLETE LACK OF OFFICIAL INFORMATION! I mean the phone isn't a secret. GSM specs are available on P1 website. Sprint version is out in the world. WHY CAN'T THEY SET A DATE, ANNOUNCE THAT DATE AND STICK TO IT! I think the frustration comes from the perception by everyone of delays. Sure P1 can say: "We never said just before Christmas. We never said January 26th. We're not saying February 5th so don't get mad if that doesn't happen." But what does P1 expect to happen. Obviously Cingular B2B reps were quoting dates. Maybe those dates were just pulled from their [bums] because they thought it was funny to jerk everyone around or maybe Cingular planned on those releases and one thing or another prevented them. I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! P1 had to know that this would happen. It shows a total lack of respect for core customers - early adopters - people who go out into the world and convince friends, family, neighbors that this is the phone to have. P1 has totally f**ked this release up.

I will probably buy the 650 whenever it comes out because I still think it's the best phone on the market but eventually someone else is going to release something competitive and when that happens I'll happily jump ship and stop giving these P1 clowns my money! (phew. Okay I feel a bit better now.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    http://www.James-K.com/images/cing650.jpg

To the chagrin of many, palmOne' celebrated Treo 650 smartphone has only been obtainable from a single mobile operator worldwide since the device's debut last fall, Sprint—for its CDMA-based PCS network.

In addition to the many unhappy wireless subscribers eager to nab the most acclaimed smartphone around, palmOne investors have also voiced their displeasure at the lack of availability, and the company's stock has dropped precipitously since December. There has even been an exodus of top company executives that some industry pundits attribute directly to the status of the Treo 650.

Until late yesterday, it appeared this Thursday Cingular Wireless would become the first carrier other than Sprint (and the initial GSM operator) to deliver the Treo 650 to consumers hands. Now, if Treo Central is correct, Cingular's GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) edition of the smartphone won't ship until a week from now. The mobile operator demonstrated the Treo 650 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this month.

Although the delay is fairly minimal by cellular industry standards, it can only serve to inflame an already delicate situation for palmOne.

Woah!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    One of the Many things that has Driven Me crazy during all this is the fact that at the Roadshow that I attended in chicago The only 650's that I saw were GSM versions !!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Is it dumb to buy a T600 off Ebay to only have it a month or so? Or should I go to Amazon and get an AT&T T600 and just use the trial time period to get me through the jitters of not having a cool phone/PDA?
    Yes. Just be patient. A month is not a long period of time. By the time you received your eBay phone, the GSM 650 would probably be available.
    So is anybody else going to watch the webinar?
    Before it has even started the questions start about the unbranded version..
    The response is that the Carrier version must come out first, then theirs... And that delays are unknown.
    Last edited by Hayswj; 01/26/2005 at 01:59 PM.
    So is anybody else going to watch the webinar?
    Before it has even started the questions start about the unbranded version..
    The response is that the Carrier version must come out first, then theirs... And that delays are unknown.

Hey, your updates are MUCH appreciated for those of us unable to see the webinar... DIALuP
    Engadget has reported that the Cingular version has crippled bluetooth DUN. And that the hack does not work.. But Shadowmight will probably be able to fix that too..
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000983029058/

I am almost sure that i'll have to wait on P1 now

what does the DUN allow? Can I still surf from a computer via bluetooth and Wireless Express?

tia...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner

what does the DUN allow? Can I still surf from a computer via bluetooth and Wireless Express?

tia...
    NO, You Need DUN for that
    No ... BT DUN allows you to "dial-up" using the Treo as a modem via the PC through BT. You could probably do it by USB cable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner

tia...
    I asked if the Unbranded would be bluetooth DUN disabled, and was told he can't asnwer directly, but to have faith...
    I asked if the Unbranded would be bluetooth DUN disabled, and was told he can't asnwer directly, but to have faith...
    No belief or faith here; fast exhausting hope.
    These sleaze think that if and when they finally release the phone, all will be forgiven. I have not yet forgiven them for the last time.
    ...does that mean we better start PRAYING if we want BT DUN! This phone is starting to look less attractive by the minute!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Here is yet another private answer to my questions...

Question: Cingular Business to Business reps say the Treo 650 GSm will be available tomorrow. Do you have any hint as to if this is correct? Thanks for your information.. It is frustrating waiting for a great product.. As I'm sure it's frustrating for you to have to wait to put the product out.
    Private Answer: Hang in there - smiley face. It's close
    I waited for the GSM version long enough, and finally switched to Sprint 2 days ago. With the Sprint prices coming WAY down, and not wanting to pay $599 for the privilege of staying with T-Mobile, I took the plunge. Also, I sold my 600+accessories in November for about the same price as I paid for my subsidized Sprint 650.

I ordered Monday, received my phone Tuesday, and wasted WAY too much time today on the 650 today!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    It seems every answer they give is pure obfuscation. What DID they answer directly?
    Joe Fabris was giving a live demo of his phone through a computer connection. And showed his mobile phone number to the audience, which then caused people to call and he shut down the demo.... Kinda funny.. He is about to start it back up with radio turned off i'm sure..
    Last edited by Hayswj; 01/26/2005 at 03:14 PM.