Page 106 of 133 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108109110111116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2657
  1. #2101  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I say we GSM'ers that are done waiting for the 650, go in on a group buy for the MPx-300
    Availability aside (and it's only avialable for import at $1000US apparently,) it's still a flawed device because of memory. The PocketPC fanatics over at Hofo have basically written it off for this reason.

    Also if you do buy one be careful because I know there were a bunch of engineering samples floating around and I read at Hofo that these are NOT ROM upgradable so when it's finally released in the US you may be stuck with phone that can't be patched.

    However I think you were mostly joking webtoker. It is a good looking phone IMHO I'll give it that.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  2. #2102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    I say we group go take over cingular...and make 'em release the phone! heheheheh


    actually, it's just easier to go to Sprint.

    I'm going to do the 30 day trial now...I'm done waiting.

    I can't bring myself to switch to Sprint. The coverage here in Manhattan is among the worst of all the providers. Not to mention I want to be able to pop my SIM into my small phone when going to the gym.
  3. #2103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Availability aside (and it's only avialable for import at $1000US apparently,) it's still a flawed device because of memory. The PocketPC fanatics over at Hofo have basically written it off for this reason.

    Also if you do buy one be careful because I know there were a bunch of engineering samples floating around and I read at Hofo that these are NOT ROM upgradable so when it's finally released in the US you may be stuck with phone that can't be patched.

    However I think you were mostly joking webtoker. It is a good looking phone IMHO I'll give it that.

    Ya, I am joking. I don't mind waiting. Motorola just missed the boat with that device. Maybe they will get it right with the MPx-320 ... lol
  4. #2104  
    The MPX-300 is the first PPC phone that I've seen for sale that has the form factor right. The P50 isn't available yet and the SX66 is too wide for my tastes.

    I haven't ruled out a 650 yet either. I want the GSM early adopters to find the flaws in that version, and I'll wait to see what PPC phones come out over the next few months.
  5. #2105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Doug
    Unbelievably, when I got to work this morning there was a message on my voice mail from my corporate headquarters. . . It was: “What kind of plan do you currently have with Cingular? We are thinking about ‘just porting you over to Sprint’ so we can get you our corporate discount.

    Well Sprint coverage is spotty here . . . but, they have insurance on smartphones, cheaper data plans, AND THEY HAVE TREO 650s!!!!!!!

    Hmmm, I could probably fight this “porting to Sprint,” but I wonder if I should?

    I only do foreign travel about once or twice a year and typically for only a week or so, so GSM world coverage is no big deal to me . . . . .
    The rats are deserting the ship.
  6. #2106  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    It's very possible this thread could go to 3000 post by next week. You listening Barney?
    I agree on 3000. However, I do not think that we can sustain interest to 5000. Are you listening P1?
  7. #2107  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Check out Samsung's i780 and the BenQ P50. Only problem with the BenQ (and it's serious, OMP) is the limited 2-3 hour talk time battery life.
    One cannot compare the BenQ P50 with the Treo 600 as a competitor to the 650. The BenQ has not shipped.
  8. #2108  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    It's very possible this thread could go to 3000 post by next week. You listening Barney?
    Sorry I've been out calling Cingular offices/Store/Dealers & surfing the web looking for some glimmer of a Hint that the GSM may be released soon ...
    Sure it will excede 3000 by next week But I do have that sick feeling that My other prediction will come true, the GSM 650 released in conjunction with Announcement of the New improved T700 (cdma)
  9. #2109  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I agree on 3000. However, I do not think that we can sustain interest to 5000. Are you listening P1?
    I'm afraid Total Frustration will take hold prior to 5000 Unfortunatley....
  10. #2110  
    My sister-in-law's company just sent her a BB 7290. I'm going to check it out ASAP. I'm almost at the end of my rope waiting for the 650 GSM. I just don't understand the never-ending cycle of bungled pa1mOne product launches. Why does everything have to happen in a veil of rumor and secrecy? What's the point of p1 asking, for instance, Treonauts, to take down the pic's of the Cingular 650? It's not like it's a **** secret! Just a bit of respect for enthusiastic (and mostly repeat) customers would be awfully nice.

    EDIT: Did the research and Treo wins hands-down. Waiting is indeed hard, but I've decided it's worth it. I just wish they could be a bit more up-front so we can maintain realistic expectations.

    Todd/Indy
    Last edited by tbhausen; 01/26/2005 at 04:27 PM.
  11. #2111  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I can't bring myself to switch to Sprint. The coverage here in Manhattan is among the worst of all the providers. Not to mention I want to be able to pop my SIM into my small phone when going to the gym.
    I totally agree...I only hear negative comments about Sprint around here. Also, I am really afraid of running around doing anything with a T650. It would be nice to switch the card when you know you'll be running around.
  12. #2112  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I say we GSM'ers that are done waiting for the 650, go in on a group buy for the MPx-300
    Two Problems

    1. Cingular rejected it Because the Original version did not support 850mhz
    2. It has that God awful windows OS

    OK & 3. have to use two hands to run it.....
  13. #2113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    But I do have that sick feeling that My other prediction will come true, the GSM 650 released in conjunction with Announcement of the New improved T700 (cdma)
    That'll be okay because it will come out for Sprint first and 5 months later for GSM phones. At least that way I'll get a few months out of my T650.
  14. #2114  
    I just called the "flagship" p1 store in the Philly airport to inquire about the GSM 650. The (very nice) rep there referred me to treocentral to learn about the possible one-week delay. There are no more words.....

    Todd/Indy
  15. #2115  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    It is a good looking phone, but I'm not a big fan of the WinOS or having to use 2 hands to type.

    Is it dumb to buy a T600 off Ebay to only have it a month or so? Or should I go to Amazon and get an AT&T T600 and just use the trial time period to get me through the jitters of not having a cool phone/PDA?
  16. #2116  
    Engadget has reported that the Cingular version has crippled bluetooth DUN. And that the hack does not work.. But Shadowmight will probably be able to fix that too..
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000983029058/
  17. #2117  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    From this thread on HoFo: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0&pagenumber=1 comes this Cingular rate information:

    [Warning: it may be BS, (although the MW folder said it expired end of this month) but if your going to migrate or sign up new, do it before the change]

    [/size][/font]
    If it's true, especially for data (more expensive, not unlimited), it really sucks.
    Another reason to get the unlocked version.... well... if it comes out one day !!
  18. #2118  
    Ok, this is just a repeat of what I said before, but my source reaffirmed:

    EDGE: MEdia works yes

    MEdia Works - Yes, but don't order it with the phone. If you need to put your sim in another phone. Rep 99 times out of 100 won't check what phone you are calling from, it is not easy to do, so most won't check.

    Use method I suggested before: Either on your current non-Treo phone order Media Works or get Treo with no data plan and order MEdia Works afterward, do not tell the rep what kind of phone.


    650 Release Date: Feb 1st (but source may not have latest info on this)
  19. #2119  
    They disabled DUN??? Cingular just lost a sale. It's unbranded P1 or nothing now.
  20. #2120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I'm afraid Total Frustration will take hold prior to 5000 Unfortunatley....
    It already has! I've lost all enthusiasum for the 650. By the time Cingular releases it and the P1 unlocked version is available and TMo FINALLY gets it...the Treo 700 (or whatever the next will be called) should be anounced. I'm starting to think it might be better to skip the 650 and wait for the 700 and hope it's Cobalt...and WITHOUT all the problems that the 650 seems to have. There's been a rumor that Tmo would launch the 700...and no, I don't remember the link to that...sorry.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile

Posting Permissions